Pets don't push, melee do

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Oct 15, 2012.

1. CyrennFV New Member

Pets do push, of course. But often times what happens is even if you have great pet positioning, a mob will get pushed a bit too far in one direction. Of course the pets just follow it, and soon they're all pushing in the same direction. Same thing with swarm pets, even a perfectly circle-strafed swarm will all wind up pushing one way if the mob moves too much.
  2. Voragath Augur

That the same post where he also stated pet push is 10% of PC? That might be another post but I can't remember; it was so long ago.

It's irrelevant. Push just needs to go away. It stopped serving it's purpose when EQ released their first expansion.
  3. Reprisal Augur

I threw in the bold since I agree with it. As for the pet push bit, I'm really not sure. The threads might be buried in the archives somewhere but most of my searches turned up offsite class forums where people re-posted Rashere's posts. A lot of it is here:
    http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16756

He does say "Pets attack hand-to-hand unless given a weapon and use the same push calculations as a player attacking the same way. So, they are affected the same." But whether that was his final answer I don't know :p
  4. Voragath Augur

Thanks for the info.
  5. Danille Augur

Back when DoDH launched pet push was nerfed to be 10% of player push. That is a fact.

Swarm pets however are what ruins mob positioning in today's raids and most of the time, we cannot even use them, unless the mob is perma rooted or in the last 5% of raid mob health.

Another thing that ruins raid mob positioning is when pets are engaged with a raid mob, and melee failing to box the raid mob.

Sometimes it makes me think that sick minded melee class players actually stay on the same side as the pets so they can blame the pet classes.
  6. CyrennFV New Member

Way back, there was a long conversation with a dev about push. This was tbs era, I believe. They set push to zero for a while(truly a glorious time), then decided to put it back in. I don't remember, but they either set it to 50% or 10% of previous push amount. This would have been on the pre-rampage vet's forum, so I don't know if there's any way to find it.
  7. Xnao Augur

I consistently feel the same way. There is WAY too much pettyness in this game.