Pets and Mounts

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by OXVOIDgreat, Aug 16, 2022.

1. OXVOIDgreat Seeker of Higher Levels

How / Where does one obtain Pets and Mounts?
  2. minimind The Village Idiot

Pets -- Certain classes summon pets with spells.
    • Strong Pets: Magician, Necromancer, Beastlord
    • Weak Pets: Shaman, Enchanter, Shadowknight
    There are also "familiars" which can come with a buff to your stats but are otherwise cosmetic.

Mounts can be attained in a number of different ways:
    1. Buy from Bazaar or Gulf of Gunthak with platinum (more plat = more speed)
    2. Claim a mount granted with an expansion purchase
    3. Buy a mount from the Daybreak store
    4. Loot drops from certain raid mobs/events
    5. AA for knights
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

6. Also add in LoN prize packs have mounts. You can either take a chance you randomly get one from the LoN packs in marketplace, or buy one from someone in baz (or maybe trade with krono for rarer ones).

Mount speed flags your character after you use it for the first time. Once you use a mount, all mounts you use afterwards inherit whatever the fastest speed you have previously used, so you don't need to worry too much about mount speeds any more other than getting that first one, then you can just use the mount for cosmetic/buff.
  4. kookoo Augur

if you play in FV i can give you one for free { a horse } ( would be fastest group mount avail at 75 velocity ) after i let you click the glowing black drum.
  5. OXVOIDgreat Seeker of Higher Levels

I'm new. What is "FV"?
  6. kookoo Augur

firiona vie server
  7. Vumad Cape Wearer

The first place you can obtain a mount from gameplay is in the Bazzar stables.

You can earn other mounts from quests, dropped loot (mostly from raids) and from completing certain achievements (mostly in later expansions).

You can buy mounts from the DBC store at any time. Some are limited edition from more expensive expansion purchases.

Mounts have a speed, which are less relevant today, because your mount will be as fast as the fastest mount you have ever used. Note however that mount speed takes over run speed, so in the current game where players can now run very fast, being on a mount can be slower than running.

Mounts can't be used inside, allow you to meditate without sitting, don't generate the extra sit aggro, and have buffs.

Most mounts have a buff (the Baz mounts are old before buffs and don't have it). If you buy the mount key ring, you put the mount that has the best buff in the buff slot on that window and all mounts will have that buff when summoned. So again, the mount can be cosmetic only, because your mount will go as fast as the fastest mount you have used use the buffs of the mount you put in buff slot.

Pets themselves are only for classes that have pets. I say "classes that have pets" instead of "pet classes" because when people are talking about Pet Classes, they mean MAG, BST and NEC which have very powerful pets and can wear armor that make the pets stronger. ENC and SK also have pets, and DRU ENC BRD can charm pets, but none of these are what people are talking about when they say "Pet Classes".

The appearance for BST pets is race based. The appearance for NEC, SHD and MAG are spell based. The ENC animation is a shadow-man, non-visible except for the weapons it is holding.

There are a few instances of pet illusions in game but most pet illusions will come from the DBC store. Note that familiars and pets are not the same thing. A pet can be commanded and doesn't provide you with a buff. Familiars can not be commanded and will not make any hostile actions, but will provide you with a buff.

The key ring for pet illusions and familiars is combined. You want to put whatever has the best stat in the stat slot. You can click auto-leave which will give you the stat but visually hide your familiar.

Pet illusion clicks go in the same window. You just have to keep track of which do and don't work for pets.

There are some free clicks, such as rabbits and lions during pride month, in the DBC store.
  8. Shillingworth Augur

Another "pet" that hasn't been mentioned is the agro pet that knights get. It's a short lived pet, but it gathers agro on a target and then when it poofs transfers all that agro to the knight that owns it. The other use for them is as an temporary offtank since they are surprisingly beefy but that doesn't work very effectively in a group setting. In a group setting it often just goes to waste as someone goes nuke or DoT happy with area spells and winds up taking your pet's place on the mobs hate list resulting in a fat wad of no agro when it poofs.
  9. Druge New Member

How about TLP's letting mounts run willy nilly, what I mean is they let the lion from House of Thule, when you purchased that exp, it on the server but they wont let the hand from fear when you purchased that exp pack on the server. Hmmm makes me wonder what the devs do all day.. I also see newer expansion mounts on mischief all day long!! What gives dark paw/daybreak if your going to let House of Thule mounts on the server then let the rain of fear hand on the server!!! Just because you have the House of Thule pack in the store for people to buy doesn't make it right!!??