Pets AC and HP??

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by gutorf, Apr 2, 2021.

1. gutorf New Member

Hello, there any way to know how many HPs and AC my pet have? Also i like to know wich necro pet its best tank Lv 112 or 115.....
  2. Cicelee Augur

AC- no
    HP- not really. If you have a pet heal spell, you could heal your pet and see how much the percentage on the HP bar increases, and then assuming pet does not become full health you can do some math to see an approximate HP total
    gutorf likes this.
  3. Grove Augur

Level 112 is a tank, Level 115 is a rogue.
  4. bobokatt Augur

The actual BASE HP of your Necro pet... no not directly, but as Cicelee said you can jazz up a bit of math with either when you first summon (make the pet, and you have a pet focus item) and you instantly see that the pet comes out like almost half its full health bar and see what the actual % it's at in that very instance, and the see how much the actual heal numbers are from say your Merc healer to determine base and total etc. You could also play a similar game with giving your pet a whole wad of armor (keep track of all the stats beforehand), and then have it take lots of damage, take note of the % it's at and then the heal amounts and do all the % math and see just how much extra HP it got from all the gear, for fun.

I was almost sure there were people who had already figured out how many HP mage pets had (based on different types) years ago on the Mage forums (maybe there was some info about Necro and BST too). Not that I can find that or if it would be beneficial with years of expansions after.

AC no...though you could potentially parse the damage it takes incoming with no gear vs gear that has AC just to get a feel of, is the gear doing anything?

As for types, I would surmise that pretty much all necros (at least grouping necros), use their pet as their tank and then DOTs away and would always use the tank version, which is always the one you get in the lower tier of the 5 level expansions. The higher one (in your case the 115), is an "assassin" or DPS, so has rogue properties and its DPS will be higher (marginally) with its backstab damage but won't tank as well. I don't think I have ever used the DPS pet.