Petitions are useless

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Lendill, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Lendill New Member

• jamescizek
      Saturday at 13:19

I deleted the character on my account that created the guild "Flashpoint". The character name was Gandin, whom I have since rerolled. I would like to have my guild flag cleared so I can create a new guild.
    • Game Master
      Saturday at 13:34

Greetings jamescizek,

Please rejoin your old guild and disband it, as this will let you clear your guild creation flag on your account. Your guild is still active and needs to be deleted/disbanded.
      [EQ] Official Forums
      https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php
      Regards,
      Game Master Serl
      Daybreak Game Company
    • jamescizek
      Saturday at 13:43

I do not know how to rejoin it. Is there a / command that I can use? Sorry for my lack of understanding, but I need a little guidance here. Thank you.
    • Game Master
      Saturday at 13:45

Greetings jamescizek,

You will need to be reinvited to your guild. If you cannot do this, you will be unable to create a new guild until you have disband your old one. We cannot manually do this for you due to our hands-off policy. I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you.
      [EQ] Official Forums
      Regards,
      Game Master Serl
      Daybreak Game Company
    • jamescizek
      Saturday at 13:45

The problem is that I deleted the only char that was originally a member/leader. I have since recreated her char, but alt G prompts me to create a new guild, which then says I already have a guild.
    • jamescizek
      Saturday at 13:52

How am I supposed to be re-invited when there is nobody in the guild since I deleted the only char that was a member?
      Ok, Please create a guild with one of the following names and make Dekarn the leader:
      Lords of Thunder
      Sons of Thunder
      Timeless Tales
      Tried and True
      Thank you,
      James Cizek
    · jamescizekSaturday at 15:08
    Here is the complete situation
    1) Created Character name Gandin
    2) Gandin created a guild name Flashpoint
    3) At this point, I am the sole member of the guild
    4) Decided to change Gandin to another class so I deleted the guildleader and only member of Flashpoint
    5) Created a new Character named Gandin
    6) Attempted to recreate the guild but was told I already have a guild on this server (which I can no longer access because the only member was already deleted and recreated)
    7) Now, I cannot rejoin the previous guild I created (because it is an empty, member less guild) or create a new one (because the 0 member guild is not associated with my account and the Mangler server.

Since there is nobody left in the guild to re-invite me and therefore I have no way of deleting the previous guild, how can I proceed?
    · Game MasterSaturday at 15:17
    Greetings jamescizek,

It appears your ticket was already addressed in (ticket 694680). Please use the /bug report command to report your issue to our Development Team so they can correct this issue internally, as we are unable to directly correct it through in-game support. I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you.

[EQ] Official Forums

Regards,
    Game Master Serl
    Daybreak Game Company

· jamescizekSaturday at 17:37
    I was told the way to resolve this that I delete my new Gandin character (Bard) and then have you undelete the previous Gandin (Necromancer). I will then be able to recover my guild. Deleting Bard Gandin now. Please restore Necromancer Gandin asap so I don't also lose the name.
    · Game MasterSaturday at 18:00
    Greetings jamescizek,

Unfortunately, we do not have a way to restore characters at this time. Please consider all character deletion actions as permanent. We hope to be able to offer a service for restoring deleted characters in the future, however the ETA on when that may be available is unknown.

[EQ] Official Forums

Regards,
    Game Master Serl
    Daybreak Game Company

· jamescizekYesterday at 09:15
    Ok. When I get home, I will try to find my character restore that I had done on the drinal server a while back. I will give the details as proof that you do have the ability to restore a deleted character. Also, I would like a number to call so I can speak to a customer service manager.
    · Game MasterYesterday at 10:12
    Greetings jamescizek,

As we were able to do restores in the past, the tool used to do this no longer functions. We do not have the physical capability to provide restores any longer. We hope to be able to offer this service again in the future.

Unfortunately, there is no phone support available for Customer Support here at Daybreak.

[EQ] Official Forums

Regards,
    Game Master Serl
    Daybreak Game Company

· jamescizekYesterday at 12:23
    Ok. then you log a character on, create one of the requested guilds, invite Dekarn, and make him the leader. Or are you unable to create characters or guilds as well? Seriously, this is not a complicated matter. All I need to do is have a way to start a guild since I messed up per original issue above.
    · Game MasterYesterday at 18:13
    Greetings jamescizek,

Unfortunately, no further assistance can be given to you, the way you desire, due to our current policy on guild alterations. I apologize for this, however this answer is final. Please submit a /bug report as a way of allowing our Development Team to address this issue going forward.

[EQ] Official Forums

Regards,
    Game Master Serl
    Daybreak Game Company
  2. Derd Augur

Have you tried the Guild Remove command on yourself? But as to their responses they seem Accurate with the rules they have in Place. Expecting them to create a character and a Guild and then invite you is way over what they do with customer service.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and CatsPaws like this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Agree with Derd.
    These are the rules. No guild issue interaction by CS or GM's and no restoring deleted characters. Huge warnings when you do go to delete characters that they cannot be restored.

I feel for you but its not their fault that they won't fix your mistake. :(
  4. narksar Augur

A guild with no players in is not a guild. Therefore it should not exist.

Daybreak doesn't really keep us up to date on their changing internal policies, so we can't just know what things they can do or can't do in a given moment. Its as if we players aren't sufficiently important to keep up to date regarding such things.
    Kalynea likes this.