Pet tries to cast a spell on you, but you are protected?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Jordis, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Jordis Augur

I must have missed something somewhere. I challenged my mage bot to a duel in order get damage to try and level up Bind Wound some more. I immediately started getting the message in red that my pet was trying to cast a spell on me. It had mage pet weapons and armor (Fright-forged) but I can't tell what it's doing. It would be REALLY nice if it actually is doing something useful besides spamming me with the message. I suspended it and the messages continued.

Any ideas?
  2. Gialana Augur

Did the weapons have an AE proc? I think that would give you the message if your pet were actively meleeing. In that case, you should get the same message even if you're not dueling as long as you're close enough to your pet.
  3. silku Augur

Was your mage pet running his aura thing?
  4. Jordis Augur

There were no auras running at all. I didn't even have her grouped with me. The animation was right out of the box. I asked in guild chat and the general consensus was that it has something to do with the change that allows you to duel in the guild hall. It doesn't happen in the arena so it does seem likely that it's the guild hall itself.