Pet Toys...

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Millianna, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Millianna Augur

This question has probably been asked 100 millions times, but looking for advice. I get tired of logging on my mage for pet toys, so been giving him the useless crafting stuff from CoTF. Are there any benefits or downsides?
    Drusi likes this.
  2. Raccoo Augur

3. Millianna Augur

Thanks for the post. Kind of sort of what I wanted. Interesting read.
  4. Brohg Augur

Why'd he do Ethernere Traveler instead of Dimensional Warrior?
  5. Ryanxp Augur

on my nec i never give him any seems no benefit
  6. Millianna Augur

Good question, I give my pet dimensional...
  7. Cicelee Augur

I will take a couple guesses, and this is going strictly off of only looking at the legs...

1. Both have the same focus effect (Ferocity X)
    2. The ethernere takes less stoppable components than the dimensional (I personally find I loot more leather rolls than I do steel ignore)
    3. You can make ethernere anywhere (in a raid zone while the raid buffs up pre event, for example) whereas you can only make dimensional at stationary forges, so it is more convenient to make ethernere
  8. IblisTheMage Augur

Looked at the parse, I really love and applaude that kind of work and effort.

I have a few observations regarding the experimental design.

His accuracy is 100%, and he maxes out on Damage Interval after 5-ish items.

I am speculating this is because he is extremely well buffed, and because the dummys level and AC is set to standard (you can right click it to change it).

I think accuracy is often a lot lower, and also maxing out on DI is a bit difficult in an average game session.

The most interesting part is that it sets an absolute maximum for pet dps. With 100% accuracy, and optimal DI, dps for the given pet ends at 60k. I would assume this is about 8x - 10x its realistic dps without burns?

With enough data points about realistic situation accuracy and AC, and some kewl experimental design, it should be possible to model pet gear effect on a realistic mob. If that works, the same model kan be developed to be used with the pet to gauge a mobs AC/avoidance.
  9. Brohg Augur

Pet misses can be filtered. I just assumed that's what happened there.
    Sancus likes this.
  10. GoneFission Augur

My pet becomes far more difficult to kill with a full set of dimensional warrior armor and a pair of brightedge swords. The pet far out survives a geared merc tank. I don't know that the armor adds offense, but it keeps it alive much longer.

Is there a better armor than the dimensional from a more recent expansion? And does anyone have a reasonably reliable camp for the steel ingot drops?