Pet Stop Super regen?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zekson, May 30, 2018.

1. Zekson Journeyman

So ummm, I noticed that pet stop has a crazy amount of regen when in combat has it always been like this?

I think I might have found a few new play styles I could develop with this tactic.

Cause how it is now I can send my pet in get the mob down to lets say 40% as an example and my pet would be at lets say 55%, once I press stop the regen rate jumps up very much and then shortly will be back at 100% then I go back to killing the Mob :)

Is this a bug? Can I use this to my advantage without getting in trouble?
  2. Horyuken Augur

I see what you did there.
  3. Zekson Journeyman

Just to update the above, my pet is being attacked the entire time after the /pet stop and been testing and just pulled 3 mobs this time, and did /pet stop and all 3 couldn't take him out kept regening back up to 100%
  4. Barton The Mischievous

Meh tried it on a LB mob yes it regens faster but you trade damage for some health gain and I still had to heal the pet once even with a damage shield on I highly doubt you could do this with 3 Light Blue mobs just not enough regen that im seeing and my pet had druid buffs inclding regen. LVL 41 pet level 32-39 mob
  5. Zekson Journeyman

Hmm, I am on a 26 Necro testing out also with no Enhanced Minion ( On Corinav progression server )
    The above test were with mobs that were LB to me. Normally my pet would not be able to solo them(without me casting or attacking) With this tactic can solo just fine heh
  6. Zekson Journeyman

Gah one last note, so sorry! My pet has NO buffs
  7. Barton The Mischievous

Was using my 44 Mage on Coirnav no Enhanced Minion as well so works good on lower mobs looks like not so much on higher level ones
  8. IblisTheMage Augur

Using fire pet at 44?
  9. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

This would have been better handled by having sent this directly to one or the Devs who would have been able to add the proper Dev to the PM.
    It sounds like a bug to me and using it would be an exploit, thus my first sentence.
  10. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Underhanded nerf request.
    Dreadmore likes this.
  11. Cicelee Augur

Funny you mentioned that, because when I type the command /pet awesome my pet doesn't take any damage from mobs and casts instant death touch to all mobs. Sounds like you are using the wrong pet command...
  12. Intenso Augur

noticed this on fippy years ago lol
  13. IblisTheMage Augur

I remember when they added pet super regen, maybe it was around PoP?

It was intended to help mages solo, prolonging pet life and givinh it fast recouperation.

There might be some low level quirk about it, where the OP is fighting low level mobs with DS or other passive damage, and when turning of attack, their dps drops below hp inflow.

It sounded like light blue mobs?

Anyway, spending a long time not generating aggro, not damaging mobs, does not sound like an exploit. It sounds like bad xp.
  14. Lheo Augur

Level to 110 and try it again;)
  15. Newb Tank Not so Newb

This thread fits right up there with the please stop dropping chase loots thread.
  16. Intenso Augur

was very handy for killing hill giants in lake of rathe on fippy ,gota farm them kronos
  17. Intenso Augur

you can dispell pets when not grouped with owners aswell funny to do