PET POWERLEVELING!? [Pet Rulings on equipment]

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Dracir, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Dracir New Member

What are the rulings on pets, and when did they change if they have:
    **I am not able to play right now to do my own testing. I can when I return home from my business trip.

I will keep this short. I am looking to make my pet overpowered at level 1+
    The rulings are not clear, and would like confirmation--hopefully with proof(picture?)

1. Do pets ignore level requirements? I.E. Can i give my level 1 pet a Chronomagic Axe. (req. lv 100)
    ~~()To my knowledge pets can use attunable gear. As I have, not recently, given my pets defiant weapons/armor and they equip it.
    2. Do pets ignore class requirements? I.E. If i cannot give my pet the Chronomagic Axe. Can i give them War Forged Spear?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    I have a ridiculous amount of crafting material. So crafting the Chronomagic Axe is not a problem. This thread is not about why I would do this, or how wasteful it is, it is about creating a definite answer towards how pets handle equipping.
    I have posted some links that refute each side.
    (*)One theory is that the required level of items is dependent on the player not the pet--as it is for buffs. I am not sure though. So keep this in mind.

Sources(of many):
    Confirm:
    ~http://www.eqmagetower.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3405
    ~~http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/classes.html?class=14&mid=1160449986135117321
    ~~~http://www.necrotalk.com/showthread.php?t=844
    Deny:
    ~https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/some-questions-about-pet-gear.201408/
  2. Dracir New Member

3. Sancus Augur

Edit: after further thought, I can't actually confirm/deny this one. I know they follow proc required levels, and they definitely ignore recommended levels. On the subject of attunable gear, I believe pet's will destroy non-visible attunable gear upon zoning, but continue with visible attunable gear equipped after zoning.
    Yes, pets ignore class requirements.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Rcalielie like this.
  4. KarmaThaKing Elder

yep, you can give your pet a required level xxx.
  5. txpitmaster New Member

n00b question but other than visible how can you tell if your pet is equipping and using an item?
  6. Andronicus Elder

You can give your pet an item, and if he doesn't give it back that means the pet equipped and is using the item.

Pets used to destroy things that you gave them if the items weren't usable by the pet, but they don't any more. They will either keep and equip/use an item OR hand it back to you.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. txpitmaster New Member

thanks for reply!
  8. Yimin Augur

Unless it says no pet you can give pet any weapon or armor item that is not no drop she will use it with a smile , also pet will use any weapon for any class as long as not 2 handers , Never give pet a back item Pet back Item have very big stats but if give higher AC will take it and become more weaker pet .....and don't forget pet have only one bracer .... But like a player it has every other slot , well I have never tried give it a Power source hehe

And pet never Un-equip any item , to test this and I have , give pet dmg shield , see how much dmg it is getting from hit pet , then give armor with dmg shield stats on it , you will notice dmg shield is higher , the rumor is and it is a false one pet will un-equip items when you zone , zone and you will see dmg shield will be same proving once and for all the pet is still use armor when zoning ......

It is funny seeing a pet duel use priest hammers and healing , trick is buy one hammer give to pet then buy another and it will ignore lore tag also ...... This is very nice when you want Earth pet stun more then normal for you , many Pal/Sk weapons have stuns in them , and become very cheap in baz because those weapon become to many , pet has to be right level to pop the proc.

Forgive poor English please :)

Yimin
  9. Silv Augur

They won't take charms either. ;)
  10. buttercup Journeyman

I have seen my pet un equip some weapons. not sure why and it never bothered me enough to find out. I just know it can happen. as far as gear, I haven't had them unequip anything else that I know of. now with the pets rejecting gear they cant/wont use it takes a lot of the guesswork out. however if you think your pet might be deleting gear when you zone another way to test would be this. if the gear has any spell shield mod and you cast symbiosis you should see a reduction in how much damage symbiosis does to your pet. so cast it before you give your pet the gear. then after, then after you zone. compare ;) this only works if the gear has spell shield though, so....
  11. Brohg Augur

Pet spell shield has been capped at 35% since level ... 75? by the Cloak of Enhancement that mag/nec/bst pets are summoned with.
  12. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Damn those Chronomagic axes look like they would be good DPS even at high levels. Has anyone tested this or have a suggested gear set for pets at 100-105?
  13. Dazherz New Member

Pets will "unequip" weapons when they are given a weapon of lower delay. The shanks from GoD range item have 19 delay so it's funny to equip pets in the lobby with them and watch question marks over peoples' heads when their pet weapons change.

To understand how pets use armor you must first know the rules.

Every rule has the caveat *USUALLY

- Pets equip cultural armor (and other armor but cultural is AMAZING.) The pet will take the armor and use it if it is appropriate for the PET's level, otherwise it will act just like it does on you at RECOMMENDED level. That is.. the yellow stat.

- Pets will re-equip any item which has a higher AC than it is wearing. Except weapons, which use delay.

- Pets will NOT destroy armor on zoning. You can always easily test this by simply doing a symbiosis on the pet to see how much damage is done. Notice that it is the same as before zoning (spell shield stat drops the damage for each equipped item with SS , which is most of them.)

- Pets WILL proc heals and runes on weapons (flail of redemption for example)

- Pets don't like prestige items. Usually. You have to figure it out by trial and error and make a list.

- Pets will NOT equip an item with an aug or an item which has EVER had an aug.

- Pets which are summoned with EM23 will wear all dimensional armor, the awesome fletching bow range item, the shoulders and mask. (Forget about the haste on the mask he equips.. a MONSTER doesn't need haste. Just blow up the mob and forget about it.

- Pets gain the AC and HP from the items. It does not appear they have a softcap for AC, which makes an earth pet a MONSTER. Just watch the warriors cry when the Earth pet out-tanks them. If you have envenomed sleeves you can make fun of the pitiful warriors that the pet is running rings around.

- Earth pets fully equipped with dimensional armor and the latest cultural are virtually indestructible and can out-tank anything in the game.

Expect all this to change, shortly, with this post.

I hope that helped.
    Yimin likes this.
  14. Leex Pewpewer

First I'd like to say that even when equipping pets with the best gear attainable for them, they still won't tank circles around any type of decent Warrior. Next, just the mere fact you said that makes me want to slap you, you're basically calling for another pet nerf just by the way you're bragging about how well pets do with real armor.
    Spellfire, Mintalie and Sancus like this.
  15. Dazherz New Member

I killed every single named in TDS with pets equipped like above. 1 pet. 1 merc. Me.
  16. Mintalie Augur

Never, ever, ever, ever, ever!!! We've been nerfed enough. Let's not bait more nerfs by posting disinformation. Pets are not better than PC tanks unless you're a spectacularly horrific PC tank.
    Sancus likes this.
  17. Dazherz New Member

Parse it. That pet only takes minimum damage and can tank whole rooms in the caves in Argin-Hiz without breaking a sweat. I stand there and laugh at the mobs and hit silent casting and burn them all down with twincast rains. It's glorious. When pet is done he smiles at me.. full health. All that AC.... all that extra HP.. he's truly a formidable, indestructible opponent of any mob that EQ has to offer. You have to know what you are doing of course, and get the right taunts on the mobs.. and debuff them b/c of the resisty mage spells, but once you've taken care of business the MONSTER EARTH PET just stands there taking the damage. Laughing. While you burn it all up without missing a bit. Just press your weave key over and over and move to the next room. Ka-Ching.
  18. sojero One hit wonder

As others have said in the past, Don't feed the trolls, let them die under the bridge.
  19. Dazherz New Member

shrug no troll

I can back all this up .. I've been feeding my pets cultural armor since tantalum. Ever wonder why all that material was gone on certain servers? I had it.

It was my "secret weapon." Kind of like GPP etc. I used to pull PoFear with a fire pet heh.

They nerfed all that like everything else and now with "campaigns' and rains and the AA ceiling there's nowhere else to go except static damage and status quo. So I'm releasing this last bit of cool info so that those that hang around can play with it before they obliterate it.

Have fun.
  20. Leex Pewpewer

Under the bridge you go!