Pet Peeves What's yours?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dyna, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Dyna Elder

I learned a big lesson about perceived complaining, I wasn't even meaning to complain and now because of my simple question a whole part of tradeskills was made worse for all.

I have a chanter so i know what you mean, but my main is a wizard and when I started my love of the wiz was big nukes and porting people where they needed to go.

Others do more as far as nukes now and no one needs a wizard ports, we don't even get any to many new lands at all.

I guess most classes have been majorly altered since I began somewhere around 20 years ago.
  2. Dyna Elder

Lol you need to play the new Never Quest!
    Froglok likes this.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I think this is mostly a TLP problem but I imagine Live gets it from time to time.

When people come back to EQ after not playing since 2002 and are mad the game isn't exactly as they remember.

Q: "Wow wtf when did they change that!?"
    A: "I think when Bush was still in office."
  4. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

Yes. It is a shame things have blended so much together over the years. I understand EQ is a gigantic game and not restricted to only a handful of areas so to speak like it used to. So I now accept PoK books as a way to transport over great distances. I also accept quite a few other things as a matter of convenience. But I do not accept that due to these conveniences that a lot of what made EQ "EQ" was lost and we can not get back through official means. Mostly what I quoted is really at the heart of the matter.
  5. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

Proposition 65

I can appreciate that it helps to make an informed decision based on what a product is made out of and if it poses any health risk to the general public. What I do not like however, is that it seems to go over board at times and does the exact opposite of what it was meant to do in the first place and makes people scared or hesitant to buy an otherwise safe product. Does a treadmill with a rubber ring some where deep inside it's internals that no one is ever going to have access too, really need a cancer warning?

On the flip side, why is every where else basically not caring enough? And how can a steamer, an item that has food in it, that is actually heated, allowed to be sold, even with the warning on the label? If it is that bad, the thing should not even be allowed to be sold in the first place. There is no way around the contamination. The heat steams the food. You eat the food.
  6. Idget Lorekeeper

Saying your taking off, get a rep zone/origin/gate and log without leaving the group.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

Taco Bell dumping green sauce. Yes, it has been a while, but I still miss it.
  8. Ranger Dave Lorekeeper

Not having a crafting supply store in the neighborhood forcing me to go to POK to buy components. I have all the crafting tables in my house but if I run out of anything I have to zone twice to POK and twice to get back home. It really ruins any convenience of having the crafting tables in your house.

Ranger Dave
    Chopin.Xegony likes this.
  9. Ranger Dave Lorekeeper

Pets not being counted as group members when casting group buffs.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Walmart has it and Safeway in my area. Not sure what a Safeway would be in your area.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

I will have to look for it. Lots of folks (my wife for one) didn't care for it, but I do. Thank you.
  12. bortage spammin lifetaps

spell gems getting stuck when I get bard buff and then I have to click a cast time aa to unstick them
  13. Ranger Dave Lorekeeper

This is something that irks me as well. Race/class choices have lost their unique flavors.
    The creation of the Tutorial and Crescent Reach has everybody going through the same quests for basically the same gear. The creation of these zones was a tacit admission that the original newbie quests sucked. Way too much effort/time/risk for way too little reward. By the time you had actually earned a full set of armor/weapons for your young character, you'd already out grown it or had acquired better. Rather than fix each and every set of quests, however, they went the cheap and easy rout and created one set of quests that everyone goes through regardless of race/class. They destroyed the unique experience of playing different race/class choices.
    I wonder if they even realize how much this diminishes game enjoyment.
  14. Zamiam Augur

if you have the AA , they are counted as group members for group buffs .. Granted you cant get the AA till in your 70's or 80's but I have not found it that much of an inconvenience from my 50+ alts ive made over the last 21 years. Maybe its because I box and when I'm low lvl I just single target my pets till they are appropriate lvl for group buffs .. I dont have to wait around for buffs or ask around .. thats the beauty and just 1 advantage of free accounts and many alts
  15. Bigstomp Augur

Flagging is my current pet peeve.

Casual raids could easily do plenty of TBL raids. But we cannot get to them due to the group flagging bottle neck that is plane of smoke.

Locking most of an expansion beyond the 2nd zone is probably what I'd consider the worst call in recent expansions.
  16. ganane New Member

17. ganane New Member

what once was is no more wizard dps used to get me in trouble now our dps is not realy on raid and our dps is the lowest my pet peave 20 years
  18. Megazen Elder

Tank merc behavior when you are set to 'puller'.
    Will the tank merc?
    a. Run 100 yards and intercept mob
    b. Not attack at all when mob is in camp, forcing a toggle to passive and back to aggressive to fix.
    c. Run 10 feet farther every pull and not come back, leading to b.
    d. Let the mob kill the puller before it decides to react

Out of a 1000 things that bug me about EQ, this one is #1.
    Dyna likes this.
  19. Demen New Member

vah shir's with stupid cat names really irks me
  20. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

Have you tried Tabasco's green sauce? It still has some nice pizazz, but without that lingering spicy after taste.

I am not sure why that comment made me think of this... =^^=!

svann likes this.