Pet Peeves What's yours?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dyna, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Raccoo Augur

My pet peeve is getting TLP announcements on live servers. Like I give a F. POP and DOD came out YEARS ago.
    Mukkul, Vumad, Axxius and 8 others like this.
  2. Allayna Augur

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Lucan?pronunciation&lang=en_us&dir=l&file=lucan001
  3. Bigstomp Augur

An expansion that is mostly undead and travelling to raid/quest givers and there is not a vendor bought insta-cast ITU potion.
    We need an undead version of Cloudy Potion's
  4. Zunnoab Augur

I'm not sure if a bug counts as a pet peeve but it's one I always forget until it happens:
    The raid roster bug where people are flagged group leaders in the raid tool but it doesn't show it like that, and then the max group leader limit is reached invisibly, so then you cannot move people into a new group until you move the phantom group leaders into other groups. The bug pops up just seldom enough that I forget to report it. This is probably the only time I mentioned it out of game.

A social pet peeve is people insisting they know what someone else is thinking, even when that person says nothing (so they assume they were intentionally ignored), and then make passionate straw man arguments against that person. Both in and out of game that annoys me to no end.

Also, Luclin is "luck-lin" as per EQ2 (though admittedly I'm not sure if the devs say it differently). Also again, GIF is "jiff." :D
  5. Nadisia Augur

This one (and my evac leaving me alone while it works perfectly well for the rest of the group o_O)

Oh, and the AE TL : seriously, I can teleport a whole raid to bind point, but I'm too dumb to take my own teleport ?
    Really ? :p
    Vumad likes this.
  6. Allayna Augur

Or I want to use my AE TL to Hall and someone within range is in combat...thanks TLP.

TLP - bane of current content EQ.
  7. Kovachs Lorekeeper

People that afk standing on Caden Zharik
    People that afk within 0-8 feet from either guild hall door - for weeks at a time
    Mukkul, Shaantara and Celephane like this.
  8. Ripples New Member

My biggest pet peeve is 5 real players being able to clear ToV T1 raids with lots of bots and software assistance and nobody seems to care. When you make things too easy, this is what happens I guess.
  9. Windance Augur

Unannounced AFK'ers. People who leave a raid early and don't /dzquit. Having a corpse poof 100's or 1000's of feet away.
  10. MelediWeaver Journeyman

My pet peeve.. follow. My alts do not follow well at all. I understand from those who use er.. programs, this can be done.. but I refuse to use such tools. Please.. if mercs can follow.. why can my alts not do so as well??
    Other things.. when I need to rebuff.. please please give me a group DI. Do you know what raiding is like for a cleric without this????
  11. Bigstomp Augur

You're more worried about them, and being a benevolent sacrifice. For those about to die, we salute you!
    Vumad likes this.
  12. Cadira Augur

One thing that might help a bit if you don't already use it, is go into eq options. Video tab. Advanced. Turn the max background fov slider in the bottom right corner to max if it's not. This will prevent most problems with af.
    Vumad and Bigstomp like this.
  13. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Patches
    Patches are great for people working on hunter. :)
  14. Newbasaurus Journeyman

Pulling to the zone wall and melee dps having the whole zone to dps from the rear and they choose some odd angle so they get riposted and then switch their lower proc dmg vampiric proc weapon to main hand.

melee dps not shrinking so it's harder to jam everyone in behind the mob in dungeons, and harder to go out and pull back to group cause I can't get by them all.

As you can tell I am in a lot of melee heavy groups.
  15. Beardsy Elder

Horrid Paladin's that stun every single mob on incoming pull, just to sit there for what feels like an eternity before it actually gets to us.

Horrid Rangers that bow shot everything on incoming. Either killing our pullers or summoning the dumb- paladin that won't stop stunning .
    Celephane likes this.
  16. Imukai Augur

It's not "be nice and take everyone and me too cause I'm a swell guy" it's "get rid of everyone else because I can't stand them".. very wizardly.

If you are on the receiving end of it, you see "Begone." in your chat window.
  17. svann Augur

Backup tanks spinning the mob because they wont stand on the same side as the tank. (casual raids) I guess they are fighting to get right behind the main tank in agro but feel like its also important to max their parse so they stand at the mob's backside. Turning the mob is BAD, because it kills your melee guys and saps the raid's dps.
    Winnowyl and Celephane like this.
  18. Mookus Augur

Indoor zones.... If I root a mob and my cleric merc is aggro…. it paths to me though the location of the rooted mob. I am literally saying that they added 'stupid code' to healer mercs to ensure they path through a rooted aggro mob's location. I need to video this someday. As in , it will not go the shortest direct route between itself and me, it will go to extreme lengths to path through the mob.

. And of course, as it walks through that spot it takes insane dmg and then stops to heal itself in melee range of the mob.
  19. Triconix Augur

Or they don't want to take riposte damage unnecessarily? There's always that small chance of the events occurring in this order: Back-up tank takes riposte damage, MT dies, Mob targets back up tank, mob rounds back up tank because he wasn't full hp due to riposte damage.
    Now you're down two tanks instead of one. However, if the back up tank doesn't move into the MT spot that's just terrible playing on their part and would piss me off.

My biggest pet peeve? People selling vendor trash to guild portal vendor when there are general supply vendors right next to them.
    Vumad and Veteran_BetaTester like this.
  20. Yimin Augur

My pet peeve is, my Gnome does not have her warder :)

YiMin