Pet Peeve: Why don't enchanters have double invis?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Fian, Jun 13, 2023.

1. fransisco Augur

Indeed, bards are in the top 3 favored classes. bard, shaman, and sk. By favored, I don't mean flavor of the month. I mean consistantly powerful with a boatload of powerful abilities and add ons. The game is built around thos 3 classes at this point.
  2. Camou the Persistent Augur

Wouldnt say Enchanters are the kings onf invis. We are kings of Crow Controlling.
    As Enc you can move almost everywhere without invis by using punts, calms, charms, mezz and blurr. So, double invis isnt a necessity.
    Bards have limited crowd control and only thing they can do is run quick. Great, now they can move quick while double invis. Impressive. Wouldnt still see bards as a role competitor. They are just quick dbl-invis runners and kiters.
  3. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I'm just wondering why Magicians got the group IVU AA

It's great having it, but why give us anything relating to undead at all?
    fransisco and Wulfhere like this.
  4. Brickhaus Augur

Because Daybreak likes uniformity, except when it doesn't.

It's pretty clear when they implemented the IVU aas, whoever did the aas just said ... well, this is something all casters should have without looking at the actual spell lists for the casters. The same thing seems to have happened when bards got double invis ... without having any songs dealing with undead, much less a song for IVU.

It's one of the more maddening things the developers do ... and it seems to happen more often for the power classes (perhaps why they are power classes in the first place). Personally, I'm waiting for the devs to remove the ability to cast a slow IVU with an instant Invis because that's not what was intended. And then everyone will have the same SK, Shaman, Bard, Mage, Mage, Mage group in Norrath.
    fransisco likes this.
  5. blood & gufts Augur

there no reason that chanters should get double invis, they no special master of invis
  6. Forcallen Augur

Necros have IVU at level 1 and self invis at level 7. Guess that makes them the “no other class could compete with them for invis” and puts them inline for self only double invis line!
    Ravanta Suffer likes this.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

They had to give bards /melody and double invis so ppl would play bards before that they were a dead class. I know because i used to play a bard before melody came out. Every class that can self invis and undead should get a upgrade for double invis so all the pure casters.
  8. fransisco Augur

By your idea then, double invis should be removed from all classes that have it, because no one is the "master of invis". Certainly not bards either.
  9. Silver-Crow Augur

Got to remember that when they gave bards double invis, the devs had the last laugh and tied in lev to it too.... major aggravation
    fransisco likes this.
  10. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Make a lev button that unblocks shauri's lev and alt activates it, and a no lev button that blocks it.