Pet owners

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by smash, Jul 27, 2018.

1. smash Augur

Would be nice if all the pet owners could get an AA that could summon your highest level pet you have learned. The mana cost would be twice of what it cost to summon from your spell. Advantage would be that you free from swapping spells.
  2. Goodn Augur

Which mage pet gets summoned? Fire?

That's not going to go over well...

Honestly, I'd want them to do this with buff lines before pets. You (should) cast a lot more main buff lines than pets.
  3. Thesehips Journeyman

While this has the potential to be nice, it causes some issues with mages and necros. I'm not sure about beastlords?
    The necros have their tank vs dps pets
    The mages have their option of the 4 elemental pets.
    I wouldn't mind this kind of thing for the /pet buffs/, setting them up as an aa like they did with (class) unity, but yeah... causes too many issues with at least two of the pet classes.

On another note, would so like them to add a tab to the pet window where you can see what the pet is wearing, possibly swap things around on it too from that window.
    Leigo and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  4. strongbus Augur

don't know bout other necros but I never use the rog pet. the added dps is so low vs the lose of hp/ac on the pet its not worth using.
    Rizzin and menown like this.
  5. Aurastrider Augur

If you are making so many pets that you need an AA to make a new one there might be bigger issues? While I would not object to freeing up my spell gems there are other areas I would like to see dev time spent on.
    xcitng and Thesehips like this.
  6. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

As a mage I would have to say no to this idea. The only pet I ever summon frequently is the MS pet. I use this to regen my mana back quickly. So having a twice the mana penalty for using this said AA would make the AA useless.

The other pets don't die enough to even make the AA worthwhile. It's really not a big deal to mem a pet spell and cast it.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I like the idea, but it's not practical for my Mage team. My Enchanter would love it, tho!
  8. IblisTheMage Augur

9. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

Would a mage have 5 different AA's for all of our pets? Fire,Water,Air,Earth and MS? I still say no to this idea though.
  10. Tiggold Augur

Or actually make all the pet spells useful in some way. Mages will never use like 2 of theirs and Monster Summoning is mainly for mana regains imo. I've played 3 classes with pets now and it's such a pain when they die or you die and then recover. I think it would be a blessing for pet classes to have streamlined pet buff options and/or at least make the other pets actually useful or desired to use.
  11. Leigo You come here often?

i've added this to the forums so many times /sigh.. never got a response from a dev
  12. smash Augur

Maybe not all interested, but as a beastlord it is a major handicap having to swap spell sets.

As beastlord having 2 spell sets, changing those takes 2 * 15 sec. So in effect.

So could use an AA that would cast: Spirit of Akalit , Spirit of Beramos, Tremendous Velocity, Virzak's Aggression
    and 1 that cast: Spirit of Akalit , Spirit of Beramos, Tremendous Velocity, Virzak's Protection.

It is ok that each cost 220 AA, which is what people can save up at level 110.

The 40+ sec it cost to swap spell/cast spells/swap spells are rather long % in todays raids, which is prob in average of 20 min,
  13. Conq Augur

/pause xx, /memspellset newpet
    /pause xx, /cast pet
    /pause xx, /cast petbuff
    /pause xx, /cast petbuff
    /memspellset OG

One macro to change spell sets, cast 3 spells and change spell sets again. That's too hard?
    Conq
  14. Axel Furry Hats OP

My mage always has pet+burn out+other pet buff (forgot name atm) memmed. 13 spell slots is more than enough for a mage. The only time I switch out my pet spells is when I need to switch between magic and fire (which is rare and only happens on like 2 events in ROS) otherwise I just have my 6 DPS spells.

I can see how this would be useful for beastlords and necros though.
  15. Tiggold Augur

Curious why would you have a 2 hour duration pet buff on your spell bar all the time, and I'm assuming the Ice one too? @Axel - I don't have room for that with the DD I use, Dicho, RS, and all the summoned BS like Fire Orb etc.