Pet Mitigation: Parses and Discussion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Daegun, Apr 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadian New Member

Thanks for your work, Daegun. The tank community can surely use committed players like you.
  2. Engineer Augur

Those bar graphs are really telling. It would be great to see how classes stack up against each other. Parses with freshly created level 85 heroic toons or level 100 max AA's would probably be the most fair.
  3. Engineer Augur

Because pets are out-tanking all player classes, that's why.
  4. Falos Augur

In very specific circumstances yes...
  5. sinderkad Augur

I am curious, in what circumstances are they not, outside of major short duration tank discs? Those are some huge differences. Even if the difference was less, the Pet has raw advantage in most circumstances as they are much less reliant on RNG to stay alive vs a tank who can loose out on spiking avoidance numbers.
    I'm not a tank, in fact i do pet tank from time to time with my bst. It just seems clear Pet tanking is waaay OP atm. As a Bst i can make my pet a full on tank, and since Bst have healing AAs i can literally heal my pet like a cleric with 10K+(base heal, before foci and crits) i can spam. (A DPS class who instantly become a group tank and healer in one on the fly, seems fair to tanks....?) All this is not even counting Pet tanking disc AAs.
    It's not i don't like having the option but i does seem a little too easy.
  6. Kelefane Augur

This is quickly turning from a nice educational data thread to a nerf thread.....................................
    withteeth likes this.
  7. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I'm not quite sure why anyone would ever choose a pet tank over a real tank regardless of how much mitigation they have. If you have real dps hanging around a real tank is always the first choice unless the people choosing who tanks what have no clue what they are doing.
    Voragath and Elricvonclief like this.
  8. Daegun Augur

Please stay on topic and away from nerf calls. If nothing else, I'm enjoying running these parses to showcase the potential of ac's effect in modern content. But yes, I'd estimate an earth pet with certitude to be the rough equivalent of a 15000 ac warrior toting a raid shield in terms of raw passive mitigation. The passive avoidance advantage clearly belongs to the PC tank.

Though I've said it many times already, I'll repeat it again. These parses are NOT representative of a player tank actively using his skills - just standing more or less ask getting wailed on at various af levels.

And no, the pet was on pet hold. No ice flame procs were used.
  9. Ssixa Augur

Forgive me, as I main a ranger (have dabbled a bit in pet classes, but not enough to parse anything on them)...but I am curious why/how pets are able to both Parry AND Block. Players only get one or the other outside of Shield Block...are pets not subject to this, or am I missing something?
  10. Ssixa Augur

Or is that the Iceflame vie proc line, showing up as Blocked?
  11. Repthor Augur

no bock is the skill block vies and primim skin dont show up on the defensive parse
  12. Karthanon Augur

And this is a surprise?
    withteeth, Voragath and silku like this.
  13. Daegun Augur

Ice flame was not used at all. The buff was not on the pets and the pets were not attacking (pet hold).

These pets passively block but their overall avoidance by comparison is rubbish.
  14. Engineer Augur

If data proves a class balance design flaw, what other outcome would you expect?
  15. silku Augur

Fairly certain it has always been a nerf thread.
    Voragath, Sinestra and Enkel like this.
  16. Lazy automation Elder

I call it a rebalance thread. Poe tay toe, po tat o lets call the whole thing off!

Dae/bed is known on the sk boards, sometime not popular but generally his methods are sound. He tries to create good data.
  17. Ineptocracy Leader Elder

This is a very interesting thread and i hope it can stay up long enough for Dzarn or another dev to take a look at pet ac and its softcap. I doubt very much that anything will change in the game but it would be very nice to have a intended stamp on it.
    What is the highest armour you could theoretically give a pet and how much better ac wise is that then the summoned it comes with ( if mage pet )?
  18. Daegun Augur

Naked Necro Pet (no summoned gear)
    Buffs: Certitude Rk. II, Sigil of the Sundered Rk. II

DI Spread:
    [IMG]
    Round by round:
    [IMG]
    Avoidance:
    [IMG]

I'm in the process of running a much (much) longer parse with the Necro pet with full mage summoned gear. Following that parse, this will be repeated with a prolonged parse of beastlord pet in defensive mode with mage summoned gear ... and finally a prolonged parse of the mage earth pet. For kicks and grins I may close out with a mage Fire pet parse.

But yes, a naked necro warrior pet mitigates better than a raid geared warrior. Avoidance remains better for the PC.
    Dre. likes this.
  19. Daegun Augur

Necro Pet with summoned gear (EM15)
    Buffs: Certitude Rk. II, Sigil of the sundered Rk. II

DI spread:
    [IMG]
    Round by round:
    [IMG]
    Avoidance:
    [IMG]

Average dps on necro pet: 5696 in 1842 seconds (just over 30 minutes)

No debuffs on mob

DI20: 0.15748% (Chance for DI 20 is one in in 643)

DI19-DI20: 0.505837% (Chance for DI 19 to DI 20 is one in 197)

Pet gear resulted in an average reduction in hit from 4319 to 4025. Based on the values for DI1/DI20 with and without gear, it would appear that this is due to the shielding on the gear itself.
    Dre. likes this.
  20. Piemastaj Augur

So you are parsing out this data to prove a deficiency with your class essentially asking for a boost to your class while simultaneously calling for nerfs. Bravo, although your scheme was found out when you made this thread.

Now if this was about DPS among Ber or Nec or something of that sort this thread probably gets shut down in about 10 posts, but of course pets are involved and it will go untouched because you are not saying 'Nerf'.

Yes pets tank well. Yes pets got multiple nerfs because they tank well, brought about by jealous warriors (I believe this such thread proves that point). Pets have loads of HP. Pets are also not self sufficient, Mages do not have the capability to keep a 'raid geared Warrior' alive while doing what they are actually meant to do. Pets are a PORTION of the class in that Mage's also have Nukes, we are not meant to exclusively use our pet to do everything while also meant to solo. Meaning that the pet has to come with enhanced statistics to make up for the lack of healing/sustainability we have with merely our AA and spells.

I am truly unsure why people choose to bring this up really. Pretty widely known and by this point in time it is asking for nerfs for multiple classes while really only asking for boosts to the poster's class. It has gone so far now as SOE is designing content to remove pet tanking (Plane of War) which will lead to yet another Mage hiatus because right now we are the single most nerfed class in the game and other classes continue to pour it on. Which is fine if you wish to see your Mage friends disappear.

Point being, cheerios do not taste very good covered in urine. Pets have drawbacks, multiple issues that have been brought up in every thread such as this one. A regular tank is pretty much head and shoulders (Possibly arms too) above a pet in every area except statistics.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.