Pet Info Window

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by xaga, Oct 20, 2020.

1. xaga Elder

Any potential QOL additions in the works that will add a pet info window like the merc info window?
    RPoo likes this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Gets requested about once a year, so far nada.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Yimin Augur

So far been waiting 21 years :)

YiMin
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Think alot of people non pet classes would be upset if they actually saw how many hps and such pets would have im sure its prob more than raiders and it would get ugly on the boards i promise you.

Andarriel
  5. Zamiam Augur

how would non pet classes see our pet window ? they cant see our merc window , true they have their own mercs so they can see their own merc window.. however non pet classes would not be able to see our pet window unless they have a box'd pet class in which case why would they complain they are playing the class ..
  6. Vumad Cape Wearer

We already know pets have higher HP than players, and by a margin. They have lower mitigation and no slow belts. Pets keep up with players tanking by having a lot of HP. The problem is that healing is a set amount max. So adding in tons of pet HP doesn't make up for the DPS output of a named. A plate tank with half the HP but twice the mitigation will live longer than a pet with twice the HP and half the mitigation, because eventually, the cleric gets behind. Raid clerics are less bothered by this, but raid tanks well surpass the raid pet ear in tanking ability.

Aren't most tanks running heroic DEX or AGI rather than STA?

I don't think you'd have PC players wanting the devs to nerf their mitigation and avoidance so they can have pet HP numbers.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

My 5-box crew is group geared. I'd say the mage water pet tanks at least as well as my SK. The SK just cracked 30,000 AAs so he's got it all. This is on Phinny and we're in RoS if that matters.

I prefer AC over HP for my type 3 augs but for type 5 augs I'm using the heroic STA augs. I think I tried one of the heroic AGI aug in TBM and didn't see the AC gains I was expecting so I went back to STA.
  8. Zynt Augur

Screenshots? It would take about 3 minutes after going live for anyone that wanted to know the details to have the details.
  9. Yimin Augur

I play all the classes except tanks ! I am sure I am not alone in that ...

YiMin
  10. Zamiam Augur

Not alone in what ? I'm for the pet window ..
  11. Yimin Augur

Not only pet classes will see the pet windows , since multiply people play every class ...

YiMin
    OldCa61 likes this.
  12. Zamiam Augur

I understand that boxers who play the pet classes will see it , but why would any of them complain about it ? if they are boxing them then why put up a fuss as to how powerful they are ..
    the peeps who will not see the pet info window would be the peeps who only play 1 toon and its not a pet class .. i know i doubt there is anyone who only plays 1 toon .. most people box or play multiple toons on same account on and off..

I replied to this post :
    my response was to the few solo peeps who do not play any pet class .. and the ones that do play a pet class why would they grip about it ..