Pet Illusion Drops when Zoning

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Dragnath, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Dragnath Elder

I am posting this here as I cannot imagine this is working as intended.

Currently even with both Permeant Illusion AA a pets illusion will drop when zoning. Based on a bit of research (see thread below), it seems purchasing the Familiar Keyring will allow pet illusion to persist when zoning. There is no indication that this is the intent of the Familiar Keyring as A) it is not in the description on the DB store, and B) the name of the item itself has nothing to do with Pets or Pet illusions.

Before I go and shell out $15 on an item I would otherwise not need based on a few old posts I wanted to bring this to the developers attention to either have the description on the Familar Keyring updated to reflect, or preferably to have a pets illusion tied to the Persistent Illusion AA.

If going with the latter would it be a huge ask to have the pet illusion match up with the 24 hour duration of the Persistent Illusion AA so that it makes pet illusions more desirable and in turn would bring more cash towards the DB store (win/win)?

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-illusions-aa-with-pets-warders.258896/page-3
    Carden likes this.
  2. Orcen Elder

Persistent Pet Illusions... This is still a bug on at least one toon.
    Necro's Pet, on a gold account who has 1/1 AA in Persistent Illusions, fails to maintain illusion every time the pet zones or reloads after camping. Whether its using necro spell illusions or a DB Store bought Nightmare Skull, the pet's illusion always fails when zoning. Restarted EQ several times over several days and still fails. Seems to be a bug with just one of my characters. Haven't checked all yet.
    I do have pet classes on a second account that have their pets' illusions persist as desired.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  3. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

From an old thread it seemed, buy the familiar keyring, is the only option.

The AA for Necro does nothing.

oops guess this doesn't apply to pets.
  4. Orcen Elder

Can a developer maybe confirm this please?
    Was this an intended change that one must have the Illusion Key Ring in order for a pet to remain under an illusion when zoning? Would you have to buy a keyring for every character on that account that wants to Illusion Pets and have it persist.
    While this account is working fine, my other account is Not, for any class with a pet on that account there are no persistent illusions for pets on the characters on that account.
    If so there should be a warning on Buying Pet Illusion Clickies from the DB store that they wont work right..
    I had pertitioned and reply was to bug report it... so...here it is
    Looking for confirmation from someone at DB...
    Carden and MasterMagnus like this.
  5. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

The AA does not work. Period.

The Illusion keyring works if you pay money for it.

It might not be exactly 'as intended'. But an error where they get money if you really want it, and a single in-game ability, among hundreds, doesn't work for customers.

Along the scale of things, it's probably low priority to fix, or even confirm.

oops
  6. GNOME_POWER Augur

It seems that it is effective only for the person self.
    Permanent illusions of pets are considered another factor...
    [IMG]
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  7. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Well color me embarrassed!

I certainly didn't realize that detail.
  8. Orcen Elder

So this appears to be account related.. Old account from 22 years ago, several pet classes at maturity, all pet illusions are persistent.
    On a more recently created account, like three years old, none of the characters' pet illusions and persistent.
    They all have the aa's for persistent illusion and pet discipline aa's. Yet, whether illusion is self cast or cast by my enchanter from old account, the illusions fails on zoning all all the pet classes on that newer account.

Just guessing, maybe it has something to do with the consolidation of the Companion Discipline line several years ago, so that old accounts have something but new accounts are bot getting that anymore.

My other necro hates the spectre illusion and would really like illusuions to be persistent like most other toons in the game.

I can duplicate this bug over and over. It is a bug then right?
  9. Soulbanshee Augur

No, it has to do with owning the familiar keyring feature on the older accounts. It was bundled with EoK purchases at release in 2016 (more than 3 years ago). If you purchased EoK, you have the keyring, or if you purchased the feature from the market later.

Theres no source for the info but:
    https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Familiar_Key_Ring
    Illusion on familiar

If you own the Familiar Key Ring feature, any illusion spells on summoned pets will persist when you zone.
    Vexana_Lanys and Carden like this.
  10. MacDubh TABLES!!!

Not sure why this one hasn't been acknowledged even though there is multiple threads about it.
  11. Hammertime0518 New Member

Bumping this. Having the same issue. Even bought the illusion keyring assuming it would fix it since literally no one else I play with has this problem still didn't work.
  12. Soulbanshee Augur

Familiar keyring, not illusion.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  13. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

This is not a bug.

Persistent Illusion, Permanent Illusion, Master Of Disguise, are for the Player not your pet.

Familiar keyring works for pet, as Soulbanshee mentions.

Illusion keyring is for Player just like Permanent Illusion AAs.
  14. MacDubh TABLES!!!

If it isn't a bug they should change the description on the familiar keyring to identify how this works. As it is right now this is one of EQs little hidden features that you only know about by searching these forums.
    Stymie, Carden, Silvena and 1 other person like this.
  15. Hammertime0518 New Member

Ahh thank you I misread. I will try this.
  16. Hammertime0518 New Member

It also doesn't help that if you mistakenly think its a bug and petition to Daybreak instead of asking if you have purchased the familiar keyring they tell you that you have a client side UI issue
    MasterMagnus likes this.