Pet HP numbers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Teylana, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Allayna Augur

Curious to see the HP on the shaman - light blue con pet vs. the SK yellow con pet.
  2. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I suggested it in another thread. But what they should do is update the /Pet Health command.

Change it from saying:

I am at 98.5% Health Master
    1. Burnout XIII Rk. II
    2. Iceflame Keep Rk. II
    3. Assurance Rk. II

To saying:

Master I have 250,000 / 265,000 Hitpoints, 0 / 0 Mana
    5000 Mitigation, 3000 Avoidance, 2000 Offense, 3000 Accuracy
    800 +50 STA, 900 +50 DEX, 700 +50 AGI, 1100 +50 STR, 750 +50 WIS, 750 +50 INT, 100 +50 CHA
    950 FR, 950 CR, 950 MR, 950 PR, 950 DR
    Master I have the following effects:
    1. Burnout XIII Rk. II (168 Tics)
    2. Iceflame Keep Rk. II (400 Tics)
    3. Assurance Rk. II (500 Tics)
    Master I am wielding:
    Magmaforged Plate Helm
    Magmaforged Plate Vambraces
    Magmaforged Plate Gauntlets
    Magmaforged Plate Boots
    Magmaforged Plate Bracers
    Magmaforged Plate Breastplate
    Magmaforged Plate Greaves
    Summoned: Magmaforged Belt
    Summoned: Muzzle of Mowcha
    Summoned: Gorstruck Ragesword
    Summoned: Gorstruck Ragesword
    Spellfire, Skewert and Teylana like this.
  3. Cicelee Augur

It would not be mages chicken little-ing, it would be several FQ tanks. You know well enough that if a magician earth pet HP became common public knowledge (as well as the beastlord tank pet) that some tanks who frequent FQ would throw an outcry and demand that pet HP be reduced. And all it takes is one developer to overreact to their overreaction and lessen it, which then will create pet classes to outcry, and the avalanche continues.
  4. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

just because there may be no mob that uses a charm mechanic on pets in the current expansion (I dont' know if there is or isn't truth be told) doesn't make them immune.

if I remember correctly, the lady in decay charmed pets... it was an achievement wasn't it? that alone would prove they're not *immune*….

don't know about mez or fear though.. can't say as I ever recall my mage's pet being mezzed or feared....
  5. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

shaman pet def needs to get some exp...it's a slacker.
    most of doggo's power comes from the shaman's ability to keep him alive via heals though, not from having a lot of hp. unlike RoS I (personally) haven't been able to use him to tank named in TBL. too many aoe's.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

I've always found it very curious that when some one is legit asking questions about a class they dont have any knowledge of..

They class or classes.. they wondering about gets all upset ..
  7. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

As a mage who has seen several waves of nerfs, all I can say is posts like these give me anxiety, lol
    Cicelee, Spellfire, Skewert and 2 others like this.
  8. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

There are several mobs in GMM that will Charm/Mez my pet, also I think there's a couple other mobs in TBL that can charm/mez him as well. I think the Djinns and maybe another mob type.
    Whulfgar and Sancus like this.
  9. Flatchy Court Jester

That is kind of hilarious actually. I seem to remember you arguing the complete different direction during the belt debacle some time back. Remember? Players cannot wield such power to change devs minds?? LOL
  10. IblisTheMage Augur

It would indeed be nice with a pet window. It hasn’t happened the first two decades, but I haven’t given up hope.
    Teylana likes this.
  11. Petalonyx Augur

Pet window, +1

As for pet hp and tanking ability, i think it is in a good place. It allows new and returning players a less painful pathway to 110. With effort and practice, the tank classes outperform the pets. At least, that's my experience with maxed group mage and paladin.

Bridging some of the gap between new vs established characters is good for EQ imo. The beefy pets clearly help with this (e.g., can tank TBL named). If there is an issue it's that tank classes really take a staggering amount of effort to gear up and shine. This can isolate and discourage the tank players. Probably not the best for player retention, but at the same time, many probably appreciate the long journey, and high payout in the end. That is kind of the EQ way afterall...
    Teylana likes this.
  12. Ibudin Augur

When mage and necro pets, can pull 40 ish mobs in an unnamed zone, and can lay out 1M DPS, then we'd worry if a pet window showed me that my pet had some serious hps, but still dies in a couple bad rounds of any random namer in TBL. Tanks could care less, any good tank LFG gets a spot before my raid lvl necro pet, or mage for that matter, no matter how many HPS it has.You can kind of figure it out watching mercs heal them. Its guess mid 400K with full raid buffs.

Warriors are the Zerkers in plate, well played ones are anyways.