PET FOCUS

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yimin, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Yimin Augur

Thank you for making the rank of pet focus relevant again , I am pretty sure most of my fellow pet owners will agree ...

Yi Min
    Sasquach of Maelin and moogs like this.
  2. Cicelee Augur

Huh?
    Vdidar likes this.
  3. moogs Augur

I think Yimin is referring to today's patch notes, which includes:

- Added an innate defensive effect that reduces incoming damage to all pets focused with Enhanced Minion I or higher. This effect will increase in power with greater ranks of focus.
  4. Duhbeast Augur

Do we know what they did? Is it a defensive disc they pop based off of focus amount?
  5. moogs Augur

I am also thankful for the improvements to mercenaries and I'm looking forward to logging in to investigate the new gear, even if the heroic stats are bugged. I wish I had thought to take screenshots of the merc's stats before the patch.
  6. Kunon Augur

It's an innate buff with different ranks based on EM focus. I wouldn't be surprised if those buffs were lifted from the innate self buffs they created and gave to Tank Mercs based on tier/level.

This could be a historic EQ moment though. Instead of nerfing Tank mitigation they actually boosted Mercs/Pets. WTF is going on around here. I'll give it a few hours before tanks start complaining about the boosts and start arguing that this buff should be reversed and their own tanking mitigation be nerfed instead.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Sancus like this.
  7. moogs Augur

I just logged in and converted my merc gear. I'm very pleased with today's patch. I feel as though I can finally begin working through EOK now.
  8. Duhbeast Augur

well then it looks like aggression buff is back on the menu boys.
    Yimin likes this.
  9. fransisco Augur

aggression buff?
  10. Brudal Augur

[45090/2629] Sekmoset's Aggression Rk. III
    Classes: BST/101
    Skill: Alteration
    Mana: 1224
    Target: Pet
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 5s, Recast: 1.5s, Timer: 13, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 48m (480 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    3: Decrease Max HP by 10.2%
    4: Decrease AC v2 by 113
    6: Increase Chance to Hit by 35%
    7: Decrease Hate Generated by 22%
    11: Increase Min Hit Damage by 20%
    Text: You feel more aggressive.
    Increases your warder's accuracy and the damage it does with melee attacks, at the cost of its maximum health and armor class.

vs

[45093/2630] Sekmoset's Protection Rk. III
    Classes: BST/101
    Skill: Alteration
    Mana: 1224
    Target: Pet
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 5s, Recast: 1.5s, Timer: 13, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 48m (480 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    3: Increase Max HP by 10.2%
    4: Increase AC v2 by 113
    6: Decrease Chance to Hit by 35%
    7: Increase Hate Generated by 22%
    11: Absorb Melee Damage: 12%
    Text: You feel more defensive.
    Increases your warder's maximum health, mitigation, and armor class at the cost of accuracy.
  11. fransisco Augur

wow thats awesome!

<-- jealous of beastlords
  12. segap Augur

Beastlords only have one pet type. Mages decide when they summon if they want dps or tank, or some halfway point with their four pets. Necros get two choices with their warrior and their rogue pets. Beasts make that choice via buff. They also have non-stacking benefit buffs they choose which to use as well. Similar idea, but different mechanic. If you notice, they have to refresh that buff whereas Mages and Necros get the tedium free always on role for any summoned pet type.
    Quatr and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  13. fransisco Augur

Everyone has to refresh buffs on pets, so the tedium is not really increased.
    I was jealous of the agro boost. 2 rage swords are about a 12% agro boost. Its sad.
  14. ~Mills~ Augur

Except the necro warrior pet tanks like crap still and our dps pet barely does more damage than our warrior pet. I don't know when it came to be but necros somehow have ended up with the weakest base pet of the three pet classes when that was never the case before. Never mind all the buffs and other stuff that just amplify that gap.

It boils down to when our pet is good enough for single trash mobs that mage pets are tanking 3 no problem and the devs don't seem to care that universal nerfs to get mage pet in line leaves the necro tank pet god awful with the current gap in tanking power between them.
    Vrinda likes this.
  15. Duhbeast Augur

What focus do you have ~Mills~? Have you tried giving your pet luxurious gear? Full Dimensional warrior gear, brightblade + tempered blade, arx mentis stud, combine ring, timesplitter axe for ranged item, and ancient mask. Give him those items and let me know if you notice a difference.
    Gyurika Godofwar and moogs like this.
  16. fransisco Augur

Wow, mage pets tanking 3 mobs with no problems?
    Your mages must use something other than the 104 earth pet. Cause dang, em18, all defensive pet aas, my pet would just laugh at me if I tried having it tank 3 tbm or eok mobs.
    Yimin and IblisTheMage like this.
  17. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

This is utter . If you want a pet that tanks like a mage pet, play a mage. You cannot have all the necromancer tools and the mage tools and the beastlord tools just because all three are pet classes. There needs to be differences between classes or there is no point in having classes. If you cannot get it done solo/molo, try a group or partner.

Necro pets are not god awful and they have always been useful. The most recent patch lets you do max DPS while your pet tanks and the merc heals, you do not need to do anything but DoT and FD sometimes. The rogue pet does do more damage than the warrior pet and it can be boosted significantly from base. Still, it is a pet not a PC and it has never been a huge part of our damage but, under certain conditions you can have the rogue pet tank so you have extra DPS and something else for the mob to beat on.

If you beef up your pet with well known methods he can even sustain two mobs long enough for you to get things under control. You can even tank one mob with your regular pet and one with your swarm pets and you have the option of rooting a third mob mob off, kiting various numbers of mobs. Maybe use your rune to survive some aggro while you burn, escape or any number of other situations more engaging than the easy button of being overpowered in comparison to content.

Necro pets could tank many current content named before the most recent patch. That is pretty powerful. I am not saying it was always easy but they could do it. Now they are improved again and you want to tank three mobs at a time while still being able to DPS like a necromancer and escape combat at will among some of the other tools we have?
  18. IblisTheMage Augur

As Fransico said, very hard to recognize that the pet can tank 3 mobs. Are you thinking previous era mobs?
  19. Siddar Augur

What are you jabbering about necro pets have declined like all pets have over the last few expansions. Necro pets are the weakest of the three pet classes. That means a lot of time necros see the in adequacy of their pets appear before the other two classes. That doesn't mean necro pets are not supposed to be able to tank content. It does mean they fail at that mission first.
  20. ~Mills~ Augur

That stuff makes a massive difference but that shouldn't be required for tanking single trash mobs without the chance of pet death.