Pet changes with Patch

Discussion in 'Casters' started by fransisco, Jan 19, 2018.

1. fransisco Augur

Anyone have a good read on how significant the pet changes were in the patch?
  2. Cicelee Augur

I just got ROS raid pet focus pet. Previously had EOK raid focus.

ROS pet cons even to me, relentless (or whatever it is called now) cons red. EOK pet would con dark blue to me, do not remember what relentless would con at.

ROS pet does do more damage than EOK pet. I want to say max crit hit of EOK raid relentless was 23619, ROS raid relentless is at 24415. Or something close to that, I am at lunch at work going off top of my head.

I did not, with the eye test, see any difference in tanking abilities pre and post patch. I would guess the increase in level would help somewhat, but I do not know if actual pet tanking was improved via the upgrades...
    tnot likes this.
  3. Kendamore_Luclin New Member

So you haven't experienced any of the issues with holding agro?

Also, when i cast my pet, I don't get a gear emote. Does anyone else find this to be the case? Makes me wonder if my pet is even focused at all. I have the group focus from EOK.
  4. fransisco Augur

gear emote?
  5. tnot Elder

I haven't had the chance yet to do any parsing since returning to game, can you tell me what the DPS on 110 servant is, approximately? Or a ballpark figure of what damage it does in its 35 secondish lifespan.

Also wondering what main pet gearing does now... Putting RoF baz gear on main pet used to give it a real gnarly DPS and tanking boost, is this still the case? It's a lot of money to spend to gear them, given that they can die, but in some cases I like to.
  6. Andronicus Elder

Hi Kendamore.

There is not a gear emote for focused pets. When I first got a focused item way back when I wondered why there was no emote. As far as I know there has never been a 'gear emote' for focused pets.........EM ##.
  7. Cicelee Augur

I do not experience all the aggro issues other magicians say they have. I always roll with earth pet, taunt on, rage swords, pet spells on. I even use the ROS raid 2hb and melee and chain cast spells and not have an issue.

I mean, once in a great while I may pull aggro for a second or two. But that is fine. And it is probably one mob out of 30...
  8. Kendamore_Luclin New Member

Well I am glad not everyone is experiencing it.

I too use the earth pet, rage swords with taunt on, etc, etc. I used to kill trash it OT no problem but now as soon as my bard gets in melee range or my casters start casting the mob starts smacking them around. Wiped a couple times in OT tonight. It's definitely not like it was before the last patch.
  9. Kendamore_Luclin New Member

I just returned to the game right before ROS went live. One of the first things I did was upgrade my pet earring and I noticed this but couldn't remember if that's the way it had always been. I was away for 5 years and I have to admit that it sucks getting old and my memory isn't what it used to be.

Thanks for the reply!
  10. Nylrem Augur

Swarm pet damage varies tremendously depending on how long it’s actually on the target. If the pet lives and the mob lives the full duration, it can do between 600-700k damage. This can be increased with bard haste aura, and decreases a lot if target or pet dies early, swarms moving from 1 target to another, etc
  11. Nylrem Augur

So far, I only been using air pet though... it’s no different, the only time I can pull agro from pet is opening with Firebound click within first 2-3 seconds, or with Turn Summoned activated. Otherwise, I can’t stay above about 50 on hate meter.
  12. IblisTheMage Augur

I think it is a good idea though, maybe post it in the quality of life thread
  13. Eggolas Augur

FWIW, I came back two weeks ago from a 18 month hiatus and noticed immediately in LC that my Bard would pull aggro from my earth pet. This would be prior to the most recent patch. Had to adjust, probably hit Deftdance more in that one session than in the previous few years.
  14. tnot Elder

In regular grinding I've noticed no change, but 2 times I've had mobs completely ignore pets and attack my mage or my mercy healers for no apparent reason, the mages hadn't done any damage at all I just had some mobs jump me so I sicked pets on them, they completely ignored the pets for 6+ seconds which is 5 seconds more than my pet needs to develop Aggro, I wonder if it's some sort of bug, I hadn't experienced this pre-patch.
  15. Kendamore_Luclin New Member

Just to update, Saturday morning I logged on and dismissed all pets. I summoned them new and buffed them and then spent all day in HS pet tanking partisan tasks with various guild mates who needed them. No issues.

Yesterday I camped some VP keys and again no issues with the pet tanking or keeping agro. I had melee dps in my groups at times too.

So my problems were either an anomaly or maybe it had to do with the pets being summoned pre patch. I honestly don't remember how long they had been up.

For clarity, I use an earth pet with rage swords and have the group ear from EOK. EM18 I think?
    Tucoh and Brohg like this.
  16. fransisco Augur

On my mage, I have em18 (about 12 hours on Deka, 5 rings and no earings. WTF!).
    Anyways, airpet with 1 rage sword, there are only 2 situations where I Can pull agro
    1. orb click/force of elements on incoming/engage
    2. twincast (with enchanter stuff running like synergies and mana reciprocation ect running)

However, enchanter can pull agro alot if running 2 dots (mindwrack and strangulation)
  17. RandyLahey Elder

Though I don't tank with my pet anymore since I box a warrior, but with companion's fury maxed out and running my water pet will normal crit for just shy of 40k and will backstab crit for up to 229k with EM24. Previous to the patch normal crits were around 35k or so and if I recall correctly the highest backstab crit I had seen was around 210k or so.
  18. Cicelee Augur

For those curious from earlier...

110 RS pet, ROS raid pet focus, yellow con guild hall dummy, Theft of Essence on RS

Did five different tests, just casted one RS on dummy, let it run its course. With EOK raid robe and max AA swarm extender, RS would do anywhere from 28k to 33k DPS.
  19. Belexes ForumQuester

People were saying that if your pets were alive before the patch, you needed to dismiss them and summon new pets and then the aggro issues went away.
  20. GoneFission Augur

After the January 26 server crash, I made a post-105 air pet on my 108 mage. I had been using a water pet and decided to see what the air pet stuns might get me moloing in FM. I would up pulling the Drillmaster and one add. I kept the add occupied with the servant while the main pet and I stayed on the Drillmaster. I use the EM18 focus from the patriarch.

Because the chef ph was also up and roams into the area I was fighting, I didn't keep as close an eye on my aggro meter as I might have. The swarm pets took down the add and the chef didn't path close enough to aggro. However, the air pet abruptly lost aggro at about 20% left on the Drillmaster. I had air pet taunting and at least one servant on him. By then, I had been hitting him pretty hard too.

With the water pet, I moloed the Masterchef many times and never lost aggro despite constant nuking. Because I was watching one add and another potential, and keeping swarm cast on refresh, I can't say I was properly watching my aggro increase. Because I had switched pets and was fighting multiples, I can't say if it was due to any game changes or not - it's just a data point.