Pet and Merc -- Stagnation then further nerf.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hellboy007, Jan 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hellboy007 Augur

Please discuss..

I for one feel mercs are being dumped.. some my cheer while many would see this as a spear to the ribs of EQ.

Mercs and Pets both have been stagnated sense TDS while mob DPS and HP has increased a BUNCH.

Prior to further nerfs caster and healer mercs where about all that was marginally useful. Tank mercs were really not even usful in TDS let alone TBM or worse EoK. but further reduction to there mitigation it would seem is coming.

Mercs have to be addressed very soon for the health of what is left of the game.

Pets and pet classes have suffered enough.

Literally mages are the most useless class. Pets dont do much in group game anymore there DPS is poop. have next to no role on raids other than a mod rod goat.

anyway lets keep it constructive.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Goranothos like this.
  2. Bard_Bard Journeyman

You are correct
    Ive watched newley created 105 wizards with junk gear and minimal aa being boxed using minimal spells out dps my caster merc on burn.
    I have also watched my healer mer all but stop healing when boxing a shaman. Some how when anothe healer is keeping the tank alive the merc cleric decides to sit arround and wait.
    Mercs are all but a joke nowadays and need serious improvments in spell useage and increase in healing/damage. If it requires higher ranks of mercs so be it but as it stands my 3 max aa mercs come no where close to a lightly boxed/played counterpart doing minimal effort.
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Calling a class useless mod rod bots doesn't seem particularly constructive, eh?
  4. sojero One hit wonder

I am disappointed in you sheex, I know you could have found a salty meme to go in there.
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Here you are sir

[IMG]

On a "constructive" note, I'd love for wizard mercs to not be tarded with aggro and general foolishness.
    Igniz, IblisTheMage and sojero like this.
  6. segap Augur

I'd love for a "stand next to me and don't move" stance. The stupid things like to gank aggro then run and run and run and run. They like to mimic the worst players from classic that would run circles around the group when they got aggro. When running to the tank so it could taunt the mob off you was the smart move.
  7. IblisTheMage Augur

I think that the 'nerf mage pets' joke just got even funnier.

Mod rod goat? WTF? That is so funny also.
  8. Tereil Elder

I laughed so hard at this, remembering when people thought it was a good anti-Aggro tactic.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Hey. Don't make fun of my buddy Sancus, ok? He's happy to have something to do when grouped/raiding...let him have this!
  10. Sancus Augur

I cannot describe the sense of fulfillment when I cast someone their third mod rod during a 15 minute event. It's beyond euphoric.
  11. Roxxanna Augur

Indeed, mercs need an upgrade, and I'd like to be able to coustomize my merc healers spell loadup. As things are, what the heck am I paying for?
  12. Cicelee Augur

While that is beyond euphoric, you have yet to experience the pleasure of a tell half way through an event like Praetor Vitio, Grummus, High Bokon, or Droga for a mod rod. The desire and enjoyment of casting mod rod on a 2-4 minute event pales in comparison to anything I have ever experienced in game...
  13. Hellboy007 Augur

mod rod goat hehe

it was a constructive euphemism, i thought, anyway.

but yea probably not constructive there. i think i drifted.
  14. Millianna Augur

People complain (and rightfully so) about nerfs. By not updating mercs/pets they are nerfing that component without the fuss. This is why I quit my mage.
  15. IblisTheMage Augur

I think it is fine. I am considering adding it to my signature. That, and Nerf Mage Pets... Sigh...
  16. YellowBelly Augur

Have the devs even commented on this change yet? Maybe it's not intentional. I don't see how it can be considering my pet has been unable to reliably tank since cotf.
  17. Tereil Elder

They have. It's not as drastic as is currently seen on Test, but they are going to lose AC due to the way buffs are going to apply the soft cap now on pets.
  18. Vdidar Augur

It's kind of like the afforadable care act. You have to patch it to see what's in it.
  19. Razorfall Augur

Mercs were broken even when TDS was current.
    Perplexed and Vrinda like this.
  20. kookoo Augur

I will see before making any move similar to that ( to quit my mage and boxing since he is my tank ) and with 18k to 22k aa's on all 4 toons ,, I won't reroll a * real * tank ..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.