Pet agro/accuracy since patch

Discussion in 'Casters' started by kthehammy, Jan 27, 2017.

1. kthehammy Elder

Since the patch where ac and atk values were separated It would appear my pet cannot hold agro like it was before. It would appear it is most getting agro via taunt and not through its regular attacks and procs as well as it was before.

I usually box my mage, so I just use the same cast macro I have used before and after the patch. I have pulled agro with the mage which has never happened before, and the merc wizards are now pulling agro even on balanced, which before they would only pull agro on burn.

Has anyone noticed any agro or accuracy problems and does anyone have info to compare before and after patch of accuracy to see if maybe that is the issue?
  2. Raytan Augur

I don't know if there is a problem, or if this is related, but Grig-Zek posted two logs in the bugs forum here http://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/...date-bugs-01-24-17.237980/page-2#post-3500684 . Grig-Zek indicated that since the patch, his/her accuracy has gone way down...

"Those back to back feral swipes are misses without damage, as I filtered the log for only the attack and corresponding damage. From the first of this year up until the patch, my feral swipe attack missed a grand total of 7 times.

Yesterday alone it missed 45 TIMES during one lesson burn. Whatever you did to accuracy has broken it, please fix."

I really haven't noticed a difference, but have not used a pet for much for a few weeks, and I have no idea if accuracy problem he is having with Feral Swipes is related to your pet's accuracy problem. Only mentioned it because you both mentioned accuracy.
  3. Vdidar Augur

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's been awhile since the majority of pet aggro doesn't come from taunt. When they adjusted swing aggro it was brutal for pets generating aggro. I hardly ever pet tank anymore just because I don't have to.
  4. Vdidar Augur

Procs as well.
  5. segap Augur

Same experience as Vdidar. Since the taunt change/swing aggro patch last year, my mage's earth pets are horrid at holding aggro. Air pet does much better than earth (stun procs likely helping). Using an earth pet with aggro weapons as the tank, the rest of the group tanks at least a third of the time if not more. Wiz mercs on burn are a lost cause. Unfortunately, I'm not comfortable using air pets to tank in EoK content. Was able to in TBM and mostly avoid the aggro mess that earth pets are now.
    Vdidar and Sancus like this.
  6. Brohg Augur

Y'all are not addressing the same issue.
  7. segap Augur

Since the recent patch, I've seen no change. The changes he is describing are completely consistent with the aggro changes from last year.
    Sancus likes this.
  8. Nylrem Augur

The air pet tanks fine... just gotta have a real healer, not a crappy merc healing.
  9. fransisco Augur

Druids can tank with a real cleric behind them. Your point is meaningless.

Mage pets with a group focus used to be adequate tanks. Its not right to even compare them to tanks anymore (SKs can swarm drachnids without a healer), but an earth pet can die REALLY fast to a single add.

Air pets are only useful for leveling, since they cannot stun over 105, and their tanking drops out the bottom without stuns.
    Vrinda and Vdidar like this.