Pet aggro

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bigstomp, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Makavien Augur

We already have 2 times as many keys as you do to hit and have to stack 3 times the amount of things to survive yes I feel its is inexcusable for you to even ask.
  2. Jalany Elder

you think so? fbo, vt, sc, first spire, firecore, focus of arcanum, pet control, aegis, forceful, glyphs, 6 different spells, several robe clickies, atleast 2 nuke clickies, summon pet clickies, elemental union, summon companion, twincast(aa and spell) 2 different mod rods, summoning mod rods, servant of ro, fortify companion, host in the shell, blessing, replenish, summoning new pets when old one dies, etc. so please tell me again that i don't have to click near as many buttons as you. we are a dps class with a pet tank/dps, not only do we have to worry about ourselves but we also have to worry about our pet because if we don't tanks get angry about pets over agroing. not to mention the calls for mod rods mid burn, then the next one that comes in 2 seconds after the previous one and so on.
    Ps i left out watching for emotes as well as the occasional emote to pet and several other clickies and discs that a good mage would use.
  3. Makavien Augur

I have 5 hotbars with positioning calls bp clicks stacked aggro hotkeys stacked defensive hotkeys stacked dps hotkeys , tanking hotkeys , engaging hotkeys that cast everything they should on engage. Action window to use socials i may need but can't fit into the mentioned 5 hotbars , bandolieer to switch weapon set ups on raids where i have to no damage tank or tank with my offhand only to avoid damage shields , 2 pages full of clicky buttons not including the 5 bps i carry around that are on my positioning /emote call hotbar. Every button is a combination of messages or different things that stack.

Oh I forgot the potion belt plus the combat abilities window to single cast some discs that I couldn't fit into the multiple tanking hotkeys. And then I also have to do emotes /ask for di /taunt /kite adds / tank adds / do anything else people aren't doing . And now tell pet owners to fade thier pet by remembering whos pet is whos .
  4. Jalany Elder

i have 5 hotbars now, i consolidated down from 10 by combining 5 abilities into 90% of my hotkeys. also left out mana regen buffs, normal clickies, trash clickies for dispell, etc. now your just trying to make excuses for you being to lazy to click 1 more button. I do all of this, plus fading pet and myself and i still don't go on the forums and complain "it's to hard for me can you make my life easier by nerfing this class"
  5. Makavien Augur

I didn't ask for a nerf how is a button turning of all hate generation from your pet a nerf ?
  6. Jalany Elder

thats your most recent idea, i'm sure if we scroll back through the pages we'll see you pushing to have pet tanking nerfed as well as all the others.
  7. Makavien Augur

Go look its the same idea i had since the beginning the last idea i had was 2 spells back in uf one that generates aggro as normal and one that didn't.

And why would I try to get my mage nerfed ? She saves me when group named kill my warrior or my bard all the time .

Oh and I did jokingly say they should have raid mobs dt you when you try to pet tank but really you think the developers would even read that part and agree with it. That was after reading all the junk being said with absolutely no good ideas on how to fix the problem and everyone bashing everyone else.
  8. Jalany Elder

also wasn't specifically talking about you.
  9. Battleaxe Augur

Not to get into a serious discussion especially as peeps are a little ruffled in this conversation....

IMO pet owners ought not get a fixes everything solution. Pets definitely ought to generate hate and aggro management ought to be one of the responsibilities of pet owners - "Aggro management is everyone's responsibility."

Aggro sets a must pay attention limit to DPS production and it should.
  10. Voragath Augur

We have two hate meters to manage: ours and the pet. How many hate meters are you controlling?
  11. Battleaxe Augur

You have two sources of aggro to manage. You would prefer the hate your pet generates to be credited to you rather than credited to the pet? I don't think so.

You have two health bars to consider too. And buffs - mustn't forget the buffs. Tha'ts what happens when you are in effect playing two characters.

Own a pet, have tools to manage the pet, manage it. If positioning tools are inadequate or there needs to be a pet fade command then by all means requests those tools. But a "no aggro"/"aggro like a tank" I Win button is not participating in aggro managment.
  12. Makavien Augur

Not really battle we can generate no aggro if we want? Or very very low amounts of hate at the very least. They should at least be able to generate very low amounts of hate also given it is needed in a situation.

I do understand what your saying but, I can only see a button like this being useful if on a short reuse timer at minimum.
  13. Battleaxe Augur

We generate no or little aggro by doing no or little DPS. So can they, right?

I agree that you understand what I'm saying and I honestly believe it trumps very convenient I Win type solutions - "Aggro management is everyone's responsibility."

I don't see why devs (other than cost) wouldn't add a go to a designated position command for non-swarm pets. Nor do I see why there wouldn't be a pet fade command added - most classes have some kind of fade, why not non-swarm pets?

But I definately see why devs wouldn't begin to entertain an "Aggro like a boss"/"Stealth DPS" I Win button. Not if everyone is responsible for managing aggro.
    Makavien likes this.
  14. Makavien Augur

I also like the stance idea you had earlier that would be something to consider but it would have to effect all pets not just the main pet.
  15. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

since its modification divine companion aura would do wonders for this. it will loose aggro cause of "da" effect then in return also do no damage cause ... ITS DA. pet would loose aggro over all as well. problem solved? move on now people play better you're making the pets unhappy by blaming them. Pets have feelings too.
  16. Kreacher Augur

The problem is mages don't get killed if they don't control their pet aggro.
    They have no reason to control it, and if they do fade, then they lose "omg" dps.

I dislike grouping with mages for this reason. It's a pain having to consistantly spam ALL my aggro abilities to try and maintain aggro from the pet. Combine this with push from swarm pets and invariably at some stage the mob is pushed out and then the dps gets nailed. It's just not fun - so I don't.
  17. Voragath Augur

So, you don't like that you have to use your abilities and your solution is...to have the other person use all of their abilities? /boggle
  18. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

then let the pet die... or move with the mob. YOU DONT NEED TO MAINTAIN AGGRO FROM A PET. as long as you stand near it guess what... you are tanking it. IF pets push it away from you and you have other melee in the group then chances are they are gonna get hit too. it has NOTHING to do with the pet.
    Summinsmethings likes this.