Persona is suspending my main characters mercenary and removing its buffs.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Niamar, Dec 24, 2023.

1. Niamar New Member

I haven’t played the persona in a week or more, I log out of my main character come back to the game a few days later and the level 10 persona is in character select. My mercenary is suspended, I switch to main character, unsuspend mercenary and it has no buffs. My only recourse is to delete my character?
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Iuwene Augur

Mercs currently loose all their buffs when the owner levels, completely indepentend of any persona stuff.
    Though this new mechanic is probably to avoid possible exploits WHEN using personas.
    So you can't evade the persona problems even if you don't use them.
  3. Bernel Augur

I think that the way merc switching will eventually work with personas is that the merc for each persona has it's own buff cache. Switching personas should leave your merc with whatever buffs they had when you were last that persona. So the level 10 merc has level 10 buffs and the 125 merc has 125 buffs. It's kind of working like that now, but there may be some problems with it. There is a separate problem where characters are swapping to personas at character select. Eventually these problems will get fixed so that your characters stay the persona they are supposed to be and the merc buff cache works for each persona's merc.

One way to avoid the merc losing buffs is to manually suspend the merc before logging out or switching personas. If the merc is up when you log out or switch persona, the buffs may get lost or messed up during the persona switch.
    Niamar likes this.