Persistent Illusions (aa) with pets/warders

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bobokin, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Bobokin Augur

Strange that it works for some and not others.
  2. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I'm wondering if the 'special' pets summoned with Enhanced Minion focus have something to do with it?

Also I'm starting to think the AA Companion's Suspension (Archetype tab) has the most similar effects to 'Persistent Illusion'. I'm only 7/8 (though I used to be 8/8 before consolidation). Next rank says nothing about persistent illusion though.

We need to first establish a 'baseline' for testing, so we can rule things out etc.

Saying 'Max AA' isn't enough, if you're F2P or don't have all the expacs has a possible effect.

I think we need to detail this (below) info to be able to look at a 'test' and derive a good data point from it.

Level Class Race AAtotal Gold/Silver/F2P ExpansionsOwned(IE 23/25)
    rankofCompanion'sSuspensionAA rankofCompanion'sDisciplineAA
    PetSummoned(SpellName) EnhancedMinionFocusUsed PetModelSummoned(BaseMobName)
    IllusionCast(SpellName) IllusionModel(BaseMobName)
    ZoneLineCrossed(from where to where IE Guild Lobby - PoK) RESULTS(illusion remained or not)

Please add anything that might seem important to know.

Or maybe a dev could tell us if they know?

**edit** ran out of time to conduct a test before server down for patch.
  3. Conq Augur

I have a mage max AA whose pets keep their illusions through zoning.
    I have a shaman max AA whose pets keep their illusions through zoning.
    My max AA enchanter loses its pet's illusion every time I zone.
    I just thought it was an enchanter thing? Makes perfect sense, the class that can project illusion on anyone and anything has a pet who won't stay in illusion while zoning...
    Conq
    Vumad likes this.
  4. CazRaX Elder

Saw this thread after casting White Werewolf illusion on my warder after every zone so figured I would check. He did not have Familiar keychain so I bought it and put my petamorphs on it and now my warder keeps illusion after zoning. Seems the familiar keyring does it, at least for me.

Just noticed MasterMagnus' post so

105 Vah Shir Beastlord, Gold, F2P expansions only 23/25
    Companion's Suspension 7/8
    Companion's Discipline 8/9
    Spell - Spirit of Avalit level 103 Warder
    Illusion - Metamorph totem: White Werewolf
    Zoneline - from Lobby to PoK to Tranq
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  5. CazRaX Elder

Just had my GF try on her Chanter

110 Dark Elf Enchanter, Gold, 25/25 expansions
    Companion's Suspension 8/8
    Companion's Discipline 9/9
    Spell - rank 2 of level 106 pet
    Illusion - Any
    Zoneline - Lobby-PoK-Tranq

She bought the final levels of the companion AAs and tried zoning and illusion would drop, asked her to buy familiar keyring and try and the illusion stuck.
    Kaenneth and MasterMagnus like this.
  6. Zamiam Augur

so it seems there is an added benefit to buying the Fam key ring .. persistent pet illusion while zoning .. Nice
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  7. Bobokin Augur

So the code is broken someplace?
  8. Bobokin Augur

For some players, this is broken, for others it is not.

Could we get a dev to chime in on this?
  9. Vumad Cape Wearer

Is it a bug? Are there any players reporting that they are not having persistent illusion after purchasing the key ring? Are there any players reporting the illusion persisting without the key ring?

I can confirm that after purchasing the key ring the illusion now persists but before it did not.

The only thing that seems to be an issue with the code is that this effect shouldn't be tied to the key ring.

Sidebar, I think people should get persistent pet and permanent pet when they buy the ranks of the AA tied to the character. I also think ENC should get project on pet with the purchase of project illusion. No reason an ENC shouldn't be able to have a little gnome pet, or really what I want is the ToV amor illusion on my pet.
  10. Knighted Journeyman

So the familiar keyring gives persistent illusions to pets, but the actual Persistent Illusions AA does not?

Was that intended?

Does the Illusions keyring do that for regular illusions?
    Bobokin likes this.
  11. Zamiam Augur

No the Illusion key ring does not do that for regular illusions .. you need the persistent Illusion AA for the illusion to remain while zoning on your toon ..
  12. Knighted Journeyman

People here are finding that Persistent Illusions AA is not enough. It doesn't work for pets as it should.
  13. Zamiam Augur

I was answering your question regarding does the illusion key ring work on regular illusions on toons being persistent .. here is that quote to remind you ..

I could care less about the pet part of this convo .. i was answering your ? above about regular illusions vs the illusion key ring ..

I have the Illusion key ring on my main account .. my main toon has persistent illusion and his illusions are perma as long as he does not die ..

I have an alt on same account who is only lvl 73 he has the illusion key ring (cause its account wide) but does not have the perma illusion AA yet and he has to recast his illusion every time he zones..
  14. Knighted Journeyman

It was a rhetorical question.

In other words, does one have to buy that keyring for the aa to work like players must do to make the pet illusions work. No.

Thank you for replying to this.
  15. Bobokin Augur

It doesn't look like this was addressed or is even being looked at.

Nothing in the patch, and no dev replies here.
  16. seber Augur

omg Yes as Neco think 100% neco hate spec pet
  17. GoneFission Augur

The pet haste buff animation should be “hair on fire”.
  18. Bobokin Augur

More patches, but Daybreak has not even made a reply here. :(

Obviously, this does work like it should but not as it should. The Persistent Illusions AA should work for pets, but it doesn't. This looks to only work with a Daybreak Games cash payment for a familiar keyring that many players won't use for familiars.

At least this conclusion is what we see here, but this has neither been confirmed nor denied by Daybreak Games.
  19. Rashari Elder

Illusions casted on my mage pet poof through zoning - is this really working as intended?
  20. CazRaX Elder

Do you have Persistent Illusion and Familiar Keyring? Unless it was fixed you might need both of those for pet illusions to stick.