Path options to get 90/91 Alaran

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

This is another posting I wanted to save from the old forums that addressed all of those people going on about how much trouble it is for anyone to get either 90 or 91 Alaran after 8+ months (at the time) of the expansion being out. But I did streamline and update it a little bit.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Hard to read the black writing on the dark background.
    Yinnie the Pink likes this.
  3. Pizacatto - CT Augur

I agree. Had to cut and paste into a Notepad to read it all.
  4. Mintalie Augur

Once the new expansion is released is there a plan to nerf the language requirements for zones and/or raids?
  5. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Hopefully not. Language will be the only thing that has any longevity at all. I am hoping that RoF doesn't have easy mode armor upgrades like VoA T1 so that people have to actually play some of the game instead of just the last expansion.
  6. Rainbowdash Augur

Content from old expansions don't need to be nerfed everytime new expansions come out. Like the 12 man req on FoS3 raid just to loot the chest. Or the...what....20 man req to get the instance for an easily soloable Rogue 1.5 PoHate mission. While it may be an unnecessary annoyance and hinderance for level 95s....get this....there's more than level 95s in EQ. =O

If they went back and removed every challenge, every obstacle, for anything later than the most recent expac then they may as well just delete every zone that isn't PoK, GL/GH, Bazaar, and the zones from whatever the most recent expac is. New one comes out, purge unneeded zones and content. Sound fun?
  7. Fenthen aka Rath

I just ran the Rogue 1.5 with me (76 Rogue), 90 Ranger, 90s Monk, 90s BL -- Lanys was down in about 3.8 seconds. No way was I getting 20+ to go up that invisible ladder.
  8. Rainbowdash Augur

Oh like I said, I agree it's annoying for modern people. But also like I said, not everyone chooses to be modern.

I've said it before, and I'll say it until the day I die: Unless the way that someone plays this, or any other game, is a hindrance on your ability to enjoy the game, or if their play style harms others (example being trolls, trainers, hackers etc), that's one thing, but otherwise no one individual person has the right to claim any other individual person's play style is 'wrong' or 'inefficient' etc. Because with video games it's not a second job, it's all based off if you're having fun. Everyone's definition of 'fun' is different. As such, perhaps people like to stick around the old content for awhile. In fact we have a 'progression guild' on Test filled with quite a large number of people with just that belief.

Because of this, and the people that play this way regardless of how many or how few there may be, and just for the integrity of the game as a whole, the devs shouldn't (and shouldn't be expected to) go around nerfing and scaling down any content that isn't part of the most recent expac just to appease top level players.

However, that being said, it wouldn't be unreasonable (and in fact may be a good idea) to at some point go back and perhaps add in some code for these old encounters that checks the level of the player, or average level of the group/raid, and changes the reqs for the event accordingly. For example with the Rogue example above, check to see if the player is at or above a certain level (whatever level it is deemed you should be capable of soloing Lanys) and if so to change the player reqs for that event accordingly. May not be a bad idea in that case, as it's not a nerf for people that would be at the appropriate level range for the item, yet it makes it no longer an unnecessary annoyance to higher level players who can ream Lanys in 10 seconds flat.

Anyway, thread is getting off topic haha. I'm just saying in response to the Alaran language nerf request, I see no reason that needs to be done. Nor ever should be.
    Tarvas likes this.
  9. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I didn't think to preview it as I had simply cut and pasted it into this window. I did not consider that it would consider the pasted lettering would be treated any different than me typing in here, but it considered it black. The 30 minute timer had passed before I realized it.
  10. Mintalie Augur

And are VoA raids the standard 85/15 for flagging in non-flagged toons?
  11. Oakenn Tigerspirit Augur

yea