Patcher still down??

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fleeting, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Questoften32 Augur

But..But..I have my little vie commemorative, golden spoon, ready and everything.
  2. Catashe Augur

Locked til further notice... Gotta love it! Guess on the bright side.. Hopefully this time it don't have to do with player housing...
  3. Starry Journeyman

This morning's downtime is running longer than expected, and will be extended accordingly. Live servers will remain locked until further notice.

Please check back for updated information as it becomes available.
    Roxxlyy, 5 minutes ago Report
  4. Questoften32 Augur

That sounds like all day.

Ill just play something else for now and check back sometime.

Locked until further notice sounds like a major clusterF@#K somewhere.

Prob be back up tomorrow if they can isolate the problem by then, or more realistically, the next day.
  5. Horyuken Augur

I have played EQ since 2000, I don't think I have ever witnessed a down time that was a consecutive two days. Questoften32 I think you may be over reacting.
  6. YesIndeedy New Member

For those that are baffled at someone pointing out that the patcher is still down, apparently haven't noticed the continuing trend for the past several years. The patcher is almost always up HOURS before the servers are. Patching the client is usually a non-issue and you want to ensure thousands of people aren't all slamming your patch server at the exact same time. So you let them patch prior to opening the servers. On top of which, patching the servers and validating them is a separate process. So you can release the client patch separately as it is exactly that, a separate set of changes.

This is a reasonable concern, so this post isn't uncalled for. Holding back the client patch this long is not normal and indicates an issue. It probably has to do with the UI changes they made, which is a set of items I would avoid touching at all costs as a developer of this game. I cannot imagine what a nightmare that is.
  7. Muji Augur

When daybreak changes one thing, there is a 50% chance they mess something up. What do you think the chances are messing something up when they change 50 things at once?
  8. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Didn't you take into account that it was Spencer Kane's day off?!??!?!?! Didn't you??????
  9. Questoften32 Augur

That's to be seen however, ''Locked until further notice'' never bodes well.

No eta because there is none.

What reasonable likely scenarios. dose that bring to mind, or at least logically suggest?
  10. Bumpkins New Member

Waits for the crys for double xp in order to offset this atrocity
    Questoften32 likes this.
  11. smash Augur

And I guess you never mistaken when you estimate something and never makes some errors?
  12. Gnomereaper Augur

[IMG]

Hey as long as they get it right, and things work I'm all good. Life goes on, call that person you haven't called in a while or drink that extra vodka under your desk that you've been saving.

Thanks for the hard work you people do on patch days.
    Vinjin and Treiln like this.
  13. Riou EQResource

The patcher was able to patch the update within an hour after downtime, like it always has.

Just because you see the "EverQuest is currently under maintenance. For more information, visit the EverQuest forums. For server status, go here."message on the patcher - doesn't actually mean anything, you will STILL download the files in the background, you just wont get the actual patcher to list the files and progress.