Fixed Internally Patcher problems

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Elite_raider, Jul 16, 2022.

1. Celephane Augur

Just starting having this issue today. I tried these steps and they did not work. I rebooted and was able to log on one account only, then the issue started again.
  2. zevel New Member

This has got really bad, none of my computers aside from my windows 10 computer can now log in. (all my windows 11 computers have the 4-503 error).
  3. Chasik New Member

I have this problem on two machines. I took one of the machines to the beach and had the same problem there. On average I spend over 20 mins trying to start the game. Nothing about these machines has changed in the last 2 years.

My main machine is an AMD Ryzen processor, so this is not an Intel chipset problem from where I stand. It has been a problem for most of the summer.

I did have some luck last night deleting the cache AND then rebooting my machine. Of course, deleting the cache is very tedious since it nukes all of my saved logins.

The fact that I spend 10-20% of my evening just trying to start the game is becoming a problem. When I try to log on for a few mins while my kid is napping and can't, it is a problem. This bug is making me want to look elsewhere for my gaming.
  4. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Some visuals of the issue in task manager.

This is what it looks like launching the game.

[IMG]

This is what it looks like after killing the correct childprocess.

[IMG]
  5. Volkane New Member

Possible fix or i might have just got lucky. Deleted the LaunchPad shortcut and made a new one and everything works with no issues. Not a troll post i have been doing the kill childprocess thing daily and have tried lots of other things. Last thing i could think of was to replace the LaunchPad shortcut. As stupid as this sounds it worked for me.
    Deux, Metanis and Tarvas like this.
  6. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

It never occurred to me to delete the shortcut. I delete everything else that had to do with the launcher at some point or another during troubleshooting. I just tried it half a dozen times and it worked.

Thank you.
    Metanis likes this.
  7. Konglor New Member

I had this the other day and followed the troubleshooting steps and it didn't help. Used the end task trick but had to do it every time.
    Ended up clearing out the following location and it worked like normal again:
    C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache
    Elite_raider likes this.
  8. Elite_raider Augur

I did this and the box's that had problems have not have problems since. Will report back if they start having problems again.
  9. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Ok I deleted the files in the cache cookies folder (the 2 noted in 1405-3 error message or w/e it's called). This allowed me to load a second client but could not do a third.

If I exit the second client I get the same error message when I try to load a different account second client.. I have to go back and delete the cache cookies folder files AGAIN ad nauseum.

Also, erratically, to load a single client I may have to launch the patcher a few times before it gives me a login screen ... otherwise again the same error message.

It seems like the patcher is having an issue with the cookies folder I don't know if someone made a change on the write/read permissions or some html code change but it's super annoying!
  10. Herf Augur

This is a major problem. People in my guild are having this problem on multiple computers
  11. Mulerien Elder

I got so frustrated I ended up copying the patched files from my one computer that would patch, replaced the files on the computers w launcher issues, and then just bypassed the launcher altogether. It worked
  12. glsprimary1 New Member

I am able to get the first & second of my 3 accounts Logged IN, without too much problem (or specifically, not too many "Failure to connect at this time, please try again later") However, over the past week or so now, it is taking multiple DOZENS of attempts to get the 3rd account to successfully CONNECT, from Launchpad. Not sure why it is Always only the 3rd account that this happens to; but PLEASE FIX this, ASAP?!?
  13. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Happy Monday everyone!

It has been requested that anyone still having this issue please post the contents of GameLauncherView.log and GameLauncher.log as soon as you experience the issue. Both files can be foundon the drive you have it installed within the folder: \Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest\LaunchPad.libs\Logs

One important note is that the Logs folder gets wiped after every run, so when you experience the problem you should post the contents of the logs immediately before trying to run again.

If you do not feel comfortable posting them here, or the files are too big, you can Private Message them here or Direct Message them in Discord to me or Accendo. You can Zip them if necessary, or use OneDrive or another file placeholder and provide us with the link as well if you choose.

Thank you for your time and patience while this issue continues to be worked on.
    Hobitses, Metanis, Febb and 1 other person like this.
  14. Elite_raider Augur

I did this:
    and the problem has not come back, it has been over a week now.
  15. Troutfest Augur

Strangely I don't think ive had the problem since about a week and a half ago. I got on before I went on vacation July 31 and it worked fine on all machines. Got back from vacation and thought it might have been a fluke but have logged on and off multiple times and no issues.