Patch Required

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lubianx, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Lubianx Augur

This may be a bit of an unpopular opinion, who knows, but EQ really needs to be patched prior to the next scheduled patch mid February.
    There are a lot of issues in the bug report which affect current gameplay in ToV (many are fixed internally)
    Here are just a few (there are others):
    • ToFS mobs spawning on the incorrect floors (level 6 mobs on level 1 and vise versa)
    • Great Divide Dervishes not spawning as they should
    • The Hoarfrost Collectible Set only dropping of final named in GD mission
    Other issues not directly related to progression/quests
    • QuickTime issue with hybrid spells and bard clicky issue
    • Type 18/19 augs not fitting in ear
    • ToV charms having incorrect stats
    • Monk/BL 2 hander issue
    • T2 wrist focus
    There are more than enough issues there, and as mentioned many are fixed internally, to warrant a patch
    keeney, FubarEQ, Gabrieles and 4 others like this.
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Type 3 augs missing
    FubarEQ, Yinla, Goburs and 1 other person like this.
  3. Xyphen Maximum Augur

This 100%. Tired of waiting months in between half-baked/half-tested releases. I'm less interested in devs owning up to who's fault it was and more interested in those things being fixed promptly.

Since there's nothing left for me to do but wait, I'm putting my accounts on F2P until this stuff is fixed.
  4. JeffHanson Augur

Last of the Storm Boars task is still incredibly buggy.
    Winnowyl and Endorek like this.
  5. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

Sadly they wont patch patch untill the monthly patch. The amount of messages everytime they patch filled with things like this is my first day off in 2000+ years and you have to patch. Im gonna cancel my accounts cause the servers are not up at the exact second you said they were etc is crazy. They do the monthly patch and usually fix everything known up until that point.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  6. Requiesce Journeyman

Unfortunately that's not true, especially in this patch. The attempt to fix one charm broke another. Collections that used to drop on mobs in the GD mission no longer do, roadblocking most people from completing the next TS earring that we waited an additional month for. We can't even slot in augs (the most important feature) because they didn't check to make sure those worked.

As much as I respect the dev team as a developer myself, the insistence from folks that think they are just too overburdened to properly test or hotfix releases is just absurd. There is no technical limitation that prevents them from patching faster - as you can tell from how quickly exploits are patched. They are just leaning on the tolerance of a vocal minority and their fanatical insistence to defend against people who complain over very valid expectations to forego better development practices.

This is the first time I've gone F2P while I wait for bottleneck bugs to be fixed because I legitimately don't think the dev teams cares enough.
    Goburs likes this.
  7. Bigstomp Augur

No comment on the rest, but activating an AA that has an actual cast time seems to fix the bard issue.

Edit: And it's not a hybrid issue, it's a caster issue in general, but hybrids see bards often so obviously it would affect you more commonly.
    Duder likes this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

There was a time when we had patches every week, when Luclin went live we had patched every day for at least a week.

I'd love to see this stuff resolved before next month. ToV seems worse now than it was at release. ToFs being a death trap zoning in because someone has trained the guard to the zone in is a nightmare, especially as it shouldn't even be on the ground floor. :rolleyes:
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They fixed stuff but broke other stuff, ToV was fine before the last patch, now it is a death trap. GD mission was dropping collects and now it isn't, dervs spawned fine before the patch, need I go on?
  10. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

Assuming you mean spell gems freezing up? On Bsts, hitting “false death” fixes this...but highly frustrating especially mid burn!

Pick a few things and fix em...we’d rather an emergency patch then play with broken stuff...
    Duder likes this.
  11. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I would like to see GD dervishes patched sooner rather than later :D
  12. Newb Tank Not so Newb

I've always felt that they (devs) need to spend far less time on these boards. And a good amount of time they come across too cocky - I get it, they're human and are passionate about what they do - but they shouldn't be responding to the disgruntled. Spend less time here and more time working.
    Requiesce likes this.
  13. Whulfgar Augur

I've said it before .. I'll say it again ..

The Burning Lands .. was thee best Expansion I've seen in a long long time ..
    Duder likes this.
  14. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

Yeah the dervish thing was driving me nuts. I made a bug report and absor confirmed it and said he was most likely the one at fault for it. Pretty sure it had when they changed the mobs apperance to zombie that something got alittle messed up. But atleast using pick works for them. Just tobad the pick threshold is crazy. 50+ to get 1 pic
    Yinla likes this.
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

The rumored free pizza with every achievement. Make mine sausage and cheese please.