Patch Issue: Other's Pet's Hits Filter

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lodestar, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Tweakfour17 Augur

For sure, if they don't want to split out my/other crits, at least put my crits under 'my heals' or 'my nukes' filter.
  2. Metanis Bad Company

Must be that no Devs are currently raiding or these changes would have been reversed already. I sure wish they had to eat their own dog food!
  3. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

At a base level, filters should be about me, and then everybody else. I only want to see my own stuff, and then I may add in others that are relevant. If limiting it to only my own stuff is not possible, then there is a problem at the base level.

I mean I'm never going to care about somebody else's pet's crits or rampage or whatever, but if I did, it would still be after I care about my own stuff. There is far too much that can be scrolling by in a single group, let alone a raid, for me to not be able to tune everybody else out.

That must be fixed first, then we can worry about how everything else is divided up.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

All this red text in my chat windows recently makes me think I'm being hit when I'm not.
    Can we go back to the old system which made sense?
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

You can apparently click the "show only mine" in the options for chat where you can set the color but I suspect that removes them from the log also which is unfortunate since I'd still like to be able to parse things later, just don't want to see it in real time mixed in with my own stuff. I'll have to test it later to confirm, unless someone else already knows?
    cadres likes this.
  6. cadres Augur

Whatever was changed has changed 'working' into 'not working' in terms of info that was useful.
    I want to see XX healed you for 109,000 etc
    I do not want to see every HoT/regen tick
    I want to see what my pet does
    I do not want to see what every pet in the vicinity (in red!) does

I've fiddled with the change until it's 'mostly ok', but not as user/parse friendly as everything was before the change

My *big* wish - it would be sooooo wonderful if devs would consult before changing stuff that's not broken
    (isn't that what Test is for?)

Or failing that, can we have a button to revert to the way it was before?
    Metanis likes this.
  7. Angahran Augur

1. every individual message should be filterable and colorable. None of these random 'groups' of messages that make no sense.
    2. the 'other' filter needs to be taken out behind the barn and shot, then the body burned to ashes and scattered to the four winds!
    3. a 'nice to have' feature would be the option to specify each message as 'screen', 'logfile' or 'both', where 'screen' would display the message in the UI but not write it to the logfile, 'logfile' would write it to the logfile but not to the screen, and 'both' would write to both the screen and the logfile.
    Metanis, Velisaris_MS and Nennius like this.
  8. Adruger New Member

I quit parsing others because it was hard to filter others spam from my own. In particular it would be nice if I could turn off other pets. I really only care what my pet is doing, so having the flurries/ramps/etc as NPC is kind of a pain, since I cannot simply filter NPC to another window, I want to know if the NPC I am fighting is doing one of these things, but when it shows all the pets doing them at the same time, it washes out the pertinent information.