Pasting the Drunken Stein text in the ini

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Lilura Augur

As those who have done it know, the drunk stein quest is a lot of text to be recited at the right time. The solution is to hotkey it. I have tried the recommended text additions to my player inis on Alla so I can just use hotbuttons and nothing shows up. Can anyone help? What to paste and where. Also, how far do you have to log out if you're already in game and add to the ini?
  2. Kovachs Lorekeeper

youre way over thinking it. just follow the description of the number 3 comment. Make 1 hotkey for each line then just hit the hotkey after the bard says his line.
    eepok likes this.
  3. Kovachs Lorekeeper

4. EQerer New Member

Make 6 hotkeys.
    Open 1st hotkey, name it Stein 1, window to website with the /say lines, highlight and copy 1st line, window back to EQ, Ctrl V (paste) into 1st hotkey, save.
    Repeat this for the next 5 hotkeys (Stein 2, Stein 3, etc.). Takes like 2 minutes.:)
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You do not put this in your INI files which is what it sound like you might be trying to do- At least that is the impression I am getting if your logging in and out to put stuff in an ini file.

you are going to be using your current hot button bars on your EQ screen

Like you might have a hot button that is for say - fishing or auto attack or auto fire etc

So you open a new hot button and chose assign new social and then in the top box put something to show its the first line

In the text part just type /say and then copy the text from Allah (ctrl c) and paste it right after the /say

Its all done on your screen - nothing in ini files
  6. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

7. EQerer New Member

....Oh sure, there is always a longer way to do anything ....take 15 minutes to do what will take 5 minutes to do with copy and paste. You'd have to type the hotkeys separate and fast enough while he said them, then wait again for his next time to use them. Btw if you can type that fast you can just reply to him the 1st round. Hope you don't typo. Work smarter not harder.
    I had too many alts to do it the dumb way. :rolleyes:
  8. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

To get 40ish toons through the quest last year, I did the hotkeys on one through the game to set it up. And then just went into the right file for that character, copied the part and just opened each of the rest's same file and pasted the part in.

If I remember correctly, I did this while logged completely out of the game … no accounts at all logged in. I vaguely remember having issues with doing the file pasting while still being logged into EQ, even at just character select.

If you have 3 toons, just do the hotkeys each. But 5+? Edit the files.
  9. Greymantle Augur

Other option, depending on your keyboarding skills. Make a text document with the lines on it. Copy/paste them in as needed. Handy for multiples.
  10. Warpeace Augur

Something is completely off if the OP is saying into ini files. Is it a language interpretation problem or just completely misunderstanding of what needs to go where? This could be a bigger issue considering terminology and how EQ players seem to refuse to use the same term as it relates to things.
  11. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Huh?

You do know all your character files in the EQ folder have .ini suffixes right?

For the record, this is what I pasted into the XXXX_Xegony.ini file (where XXXX is toon name) at the end of the file: I used Page 5 since I was pretty sure I had nothing on that page for any of the toons.

Code:
    [Socials]
    Page5Button1Name=Gald1
    Page5Button1Color=0
    Page5Button1Line1=/say My stinky stein has rough dirty lips,
    Page5Button7Name=Gald2
    Page5Button7Color=0
    Page5Button7Line1=/say but she loves a deep carouse.
    Page5Button2Name=Gald3
    Page5Button2Color=0
    Page5Button2Line1=/say Beer or ale are her great trips.
    Page5Button8Name=Gald4
    Page5Button8Color=0
    Page5Button8Line1=/say No matter how many vows
    Page5Button3Name=Gald5
    Page5Button3Color=0
    Page5Button3Line1=/say I make or break, my drinking glass
    Page5Button9Name=Gald6
    Page5Button9Color=0
    Page5Button9Line1=/say reminds me of my lovely Brasse.

If I'm not mistaken, you can have multiple [Socials] in the file … as long as you do not duplicate Pages.
  12. svann Augur

What you could do is make macros for 1 character, then copy the resulting text out of his ini and paste it into the other character's. That way you know the formatting is correct.