Past Expansion Collector's Edition Bundle Now Available!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I would counter your counter with previous DPG posts stating that previous un-vaulted Collector's Editions didn't sell very well.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Please cite those posts. I'd like it quoted (dev/time).

You may be confusing Ngreth who actually said that individual items in the marketplace (e.g. Polymorph Wand) were poor sales. Darkpaw actually vaulted those items - marketplace items and not Collector Editions. It reinforces the argument that splitting items from a bundle is a bad idea (generates poor sales due to saturation).

DP Marketplace / Revenue suggestion | Page 2 | EverQuest Forums (daybreakgames.com)
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I'm searching through the past threads now, but unfortunately there are an abundance of posts from a "Benito." Are these threads your trigger? If, I look into a mirror and say, "Collector's Edition" three times will it summon you?
    Stymie and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

When defeated in a debate, resort to personal attacks (ad hominem). Lol.
  5. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Not a personal attack just a joke. You have to admit you made quite a few…hundred posts in those threads.

However, you’re correct I misremembered the quote. I can’t seem to find any others.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I don't really see anything original in that passive-aggressive line of attack (jab). I've seen it all.

Thanks for helping me support my point with an actual dev quote. Good luck.
  7. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Not everything is a passive aggressive jab, somethings can be good natured jokes about our own behavior. You found the quote I misattributed, which was good and saved me time.

Good luck to you too.
    Stymie likes this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Personally I'd like to see the individual items on sale along with other expansion items based on TLP server unlocks.

A TLP server unlocks an expansion, the individual items for that expansion become available in the market place for 2/4 weeks. After all these are the players who are going to get most out of the port clickies etc, especially if they are not as a package. Available on all servers that have unlocked said expansion so those who happen to miss them can obtain them too.

I'd also like to see the player illusions and pet illusions rotated in and out. There can't be many people still purchasing the ones that are in the market place currently as they have been there for an age.
    Stymie and Skuz like this.
  9. Metanis Bad Company

I can't justify the price for the single item I need on Met, but I love that they are doing this kind of thing. More please!
  10. Bobokin Augur

Boxed editions were NOT collectors editions. Your logic is false, and you are reaching big time.

Some do, and some do not, and note that the player base is relatively small partially because DBG charges too much for too little. It is obvious you are part of the player base that will pay these prices, but almost everyone I know that plays Everquest are not. Others are not part of the player base because they quit the game to play something else that is either newer or costs less.

You go back to that every time someone complains about prices on this board. No one is asking for any of these items for free.

Yeah, I have read like ten threads asking DBG to sell the 'Visage of the Othmir Gentlemen' for $10. Try a better straw man next time.

Players I know have stated they would likely purchase one or two of those items if sold individually, but they will never buy the bundle. Collector and Premium Editions have turned Everquest into a game for the few with high disposable income. That demographic is aged and dying, and so is Everquest if changes are not made.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Sindace like this.
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Do Collector or Premium Edition purchasees get a Pay-to-Win advantage or additional game content/access? You are also making it sound like EverQuest is defined by cosmetics. Collector and Premium Editions do not make or break the game.

I'd much rather have Darkpaw monetize through optional cosmetics and keep generous Free-to-Play and free expansion unlocks.

Otherwise, arguing over a subjective price point is an exercise in futility. x person thinks 8000 DBC is justified, y person believes $40 is fine, and z person firmly wants individual items for only $1 or $10.

In my Ngreth quote above, individual market items were poor sales (due to saturation and decision lock) so unbundling would offer the same problems.
  12. Sindace Elder

100% guarantee this has underwhelming sales numbers. Unbundling items would generate some revenue. $80 for a box of trash is not a recipe for success. Split it out for $5-10 and see what happens. Honestly don't see what in this package would be worth buying unbundled, but someone might.

WTB actual collector's editions (boxed editions are not collector's editions). This is worse as a combination than most one-off actual collector's editions. HoT/VoA were a bit lackluster but everything forward is noticeably better by itself than this mashup of things no one's wanted in years. COTF forward is where it gets worthwhile. Bixie house, Wayward Lady House, Shroud of Relife.

For reference-

COTF CE-
    • Journeyman’s Pocketed Rucksack: 32 Slot Bag
    • Gargoyle Statue: House and Yard Item
    • Tirun House Pet / Familiar
    • Painting: Naythox Thex
    • Painting: Cristanos Thex
    • Mark of Neriak: Neriak Neon Sign
    • Honeycomb Satchel: 36 Slot Bag
    • Hive of the Bixie: Bixie Honeycomb House
    • Mount: Ethernere Wurm
    • Contract of the Bixie: Bixie Mercenary
    TDS CE-
    Heroic Character
    The Wayward Lady House
    Contract of the Arc Worker
    TBM CE-
    • 10 additional Illusion Key Ring slots on one character
    • Shroud of Relife - This is an illusion which grants benefits in The Broken Mirror expansion.
    • Satchel of Shattered Eternities - 40 slot bag (not available on Time Locked Progression servers).
    • Touchstone of Health - Claimable on one character. Personal teleport to Plane of Health.
    • Cynosure of Health - Real estate item for house or guild hall for teleportation to Plane of Health.
    • Contract of the Chosen - Mercenary that grants benefits in The Broken Mirror expansion.
    • Reflections of Life in Decay painting
  13. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The cost is the same with SC or real cash, so not sure what you're getting at.
    If you priced out the individual items this is actually cheaper as a whole.
    Too soon for that. I wouldn't even expect that in the 2nd set of this kind of bundle. Maybe the 3rd.
  14. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

What higher price? There are like 4-5 expansions worth of special items. They could have put each expansions special items at a $30-$45 price. So $80 is actually not that expensive.\
    You get all the items again. So you can have the extra permanent items put on a 2nd toon on the account. Meanwhile some of the other items are one time turn in items which give you one time use items, so you get more of those.
  15. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The least that the should have sold any single expansion set of these items is $30, more likely $40-45. The Standard editions were typically $39.99 or $34.99 and the Collector's editions have regularly been $79.99. So getting the Collector's edition items should cost $40 typically for a single expansion. However Daybreak decided to put a bunch of the pre-order special items for the early expansions that offered them as well as a few of the early collector's edition items into a buyable bundle for the equivalent of $80 (less if you are sub'd). It is perfectly reasonably priced. Expecting anything near what you're asking is ridiculous.
  16. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Half of these are pre-order items from the expansions before Collector's editions were a thing.
    Yinla likes this.
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Some were part of special boxed editions that were pre-ordered/day one boxes.

For the people saying that Boxed Editions weren't Collector's editions. They were pretty much after SOE? Started pushing digital download versions. You got items only in those boxed editions and most of them you paid more than if you bought the digital only edition.
  18. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

They aren't fishing for whales. They are doing exactly what this very community has been asking to have done for about 10 years now. Further the price they set it at for like 4-5 expansions worth of items is also in line with what the player base and this forum have been telling them to charge for these kind of items for that same period of time.
  19. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

HH and Legacy zones being added never had anything to do with the size of expansions. They were always just fun things that were relatively simple to do that the Devs did to increase interest.
  20. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Actually they and you fail to see that there is less revenue over all, by breaking up the items, and the price points for the individual expansions' items would be higher total over all. You would be paying close to $30-$40 per expansion if they split them up.