Party Popper Nimbus

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rouan, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Rouan Augur

CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT!

*head explodes from distracting confetti*

(or put in the darn description that it doesn't stack with Myrmidon clicks)
    Neodraykl and Axxius like this.
  2. Falos Augur

Keep it as is but put a deathtouch trigger on it that cannot be resisted when it fades... a 10 mil+ damage dt so no one can mitigate / survive it.
    Axxius likes this.
  3. Angahran Augur

Just make all these pointless graphic spam things actually work with the display filters!
    Just cos someone paid for this rubbish on the marketplace does not mean they should be able to force their rubbish onto my screen.
    Neodraykl likes this.
  4. Audigy Elder

I hate it.
  5. Axxius Augur

Yes please. The confetti nimbus is really annoying. And turning off all particles because of it is not a good solution. Neither is asking everybody to stop using it.
    Mintalie and Neodraykl like this.
  6. Zugbuzz Journeyman

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=27377&source=Live

It has no stacking issues with Myrmidon clicks. I use both at the same time and have had no problems.

I haven't had particle effects on in many years myself, but it would be nice to be able to filter it better without having to turn everything off
  7. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

The buff icons stack, but you only get the effect of the best one; like with melee haste spells.
    Neodraykl and Rouan like this.
  8. Xirtket Augur

Is this true?
  9. Straahdx Augur

Yes
  10. wingz-83 Augur

Bah. I'm, guessing the heart one doesn't stack either then :(
  11. Mykaylla Augur

Correct.
    They were useful, however, for non-warriors in a group with a warrior, that had to move, and couldn't always recast Myrmidon after Commanding Voice knocked it off and weren't always in range of a recast (ohai kiters). Myrmidon's Skill XI being equal to CV means you can just block CV and not worry about the nimbus, for the raiders.
    When I actually have particles on though, they are pretty obnoxious.
  12. Angahran Augur

The Display -> Particles filters need to be fixed so that they actually filter this stuff.
    I have Spell - Me + NPC, and Player - Me + NPC and my screen is full of confetti and floating shields and raindrops and a hundred other types of assorted graphical spam.
    If I wanted to see it I would change my filters to show it (if they worked that is).
  13. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

There is no escape
  14. Maereax Augur

Are you guys sure? The descriptions are:
    Slot Description
    2: Increase Chance to Dodge by 20%
    and
    Slot Description
    3: Increase Chance to Dodge by 5%

I was under the impression different slots would stack?
  15. Mykaylla Augur

Yes, they will stack on your toon without blocking or overwriting, but the effects are not additive- much like you can have Talisman of Celerity on and Hastening of Sviir on, but you won't get 128% haste from it. Only the highest applies.
  16. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I haven't parsed it myself, but that's the understanding from knowledgeable people, The only thing that would make me doubt is a dev post.

I also don't know what it's a percentage of exactly. I doubt it's (for example) 20% of total mob swings at you, but rather if you have a 10% chance to dodge, it'll boost it to 12%. I also don't know how it works with dodge skill items (like the LDoN aug).
  17. Angahran Augur

Can we PLEASE get this and all the other annoying nimbus effects fixed so that they are correctly filtered by the display filters!!
    What is the point of having filters when 90% of the pointless graphical spam effects ignore them ??
    Axxius likes this.
  18. Axxius Augur

19. Jyve Augur

Mummy wraps rock for this. Target someone, they turn into a mummy, the particle effect gets left behind (until they click it again). Works on other annoying nimbusessii
    But yeah, toning it down a decent amount would be great.
  20. Langya Augur

Please make spiders from spider nimbus into something other than targettable mobs. Otherwise it is yet another semi useful nimbus banned on raids due to annoyance factor with targeting.