Partially slowed.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by superman, Mar 10, 2019.

1. superman Augur

As a main shaman i'm finding a lot of the mobs in Planes of power give me a "your spell was partially successful" (not sure that's the exact phrase). when I slow them. I've asked in game and got a few different responses just wondering if I could get some clarification on how that works from the experts.

does it mean that mob is only 50% slowable for instance and any slow over 50% just negates the rest of the slow? Does it mean only 50% of the slow is in effect so turgor's 75% slow would really be a 37.5% where as a 50% bst slow would really only be 25%??

Mainly wondering if I'm in groups with bards/bst if its even worth casting my slow over theirs.

Thanks for any clarification.
  2. mackal Augur

There is several different messages, those being mostly, partially, and slightly. Not 100% sure on the split, but I would guess by 3rds :p
  3. Protagonist Tank

It's a reduction of the total percentage of the slow. So if you have a 50% slow and you get a "partially" - it slows the mob 25%.

Amount of the slow that lands:
    full - 100%
    mostly - 75%
    partially - 50%
    slightly - 25%
    Skewert, YourNameHere and Aneuren like this.
  4. minimind The Village Idiot

Whoa... I never noticed the difference in the wording nor did I know that the wording was directly related to the proportion of the slow that landed.

EQ veteran mind blown.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

Quite often you don't need to land big slows. A bard slow can actually be quite sufficient in many grinds. Leveling up on an enc I don't think I ever used the biggest slows. As a shaman you could probably add some legit dps by trading off just a little more incoming damage. Chances are if you have a cleric they'll never see 1% difference.
  6. Barton The Mischievous