Part 2: GoD to SoF & UF Hunter Achievement Bug Round-Up

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Froglok, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Froglok Augur

If you look on Zam, you can see if they are involved in a quest. You can also see if they drop actual Loot, and then click on that loot to see if it is unique to that MOB, or dropped by other zone trash MOB's (making it a zone wide drop).
  2. Froglok Augur

RE: Sverag.

So, it does appear Players can not speed up the Zone Change. Info is that the change will happen by itself every 18 to 30 hours (24 plus / minus 6).

I did notice that the Tents area around the Sverag wall in Devastation, are normally vacant.

However, during the most recent change, one set of those tents was occupied by Kobolds, and other races were infringing on the area as well, especially Giants (that were currently in control of Sverag). Not long after, Kobolds took over Sverag.

So the takeover process seems to clearly seems to start in Devastation.

This made me wonder if Players, in Devastation, could then influence the outcome at this point?

Could they insure Kobolds took over by killing the Giants? Could they insure that Giants maintain control by killing the Kobolds? Or... could they help change it to any other race by killing both the Giants and the Kobolds?
  3. Laurana Augur

Kod'Taz, Broken Trial Grounds: Enslaved Vrex Zealot. This creature cons "a rare creature". It is not on the hunter list for this zone.
    Rasper Helpdesk likes this.
  4. Laurana Augur

Yup! I'm a volunteer Admin on Zam. Collecting screenshots/spell info/location data to start updating. Working on GOD first and starting Natimbi updates this weekend or early next week (was just finishing LoY).
    Rondor likes this.
  5. Froglok Augur

The loot dropped by this MOB is Slot 8. Therefore, it is a Raid MOB and should not be on hunter.
  6. Poyzen Frawg Augur

I need some help with Sandu in Gorukar Mesa. Been camping it for 30 hours now.

P.S. Its been 2 days now. Still no sign of this MOB. I haven't left. One of the "rare" spawns here is NOT rare at all. Glasson is part of a quest. I wonder if Sandu is the same way.
  7. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Everything in Kod'Taz drops type 8...

Furthermore, the mob in question, Enslaved Vrex Zealot, is a "double" rare spawn. Meaning there are two different rares with the exact same name spawning in different locations with distinct loot lists (3 items each)
    Laurana likes this.
  8. Froglok Augur

You are, right, they do. Despite this being group content, even back when it was new. How odd.

OK -- adding Enslaved Vrex Zealot to the list.
  9. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Back then, type 8 just meant "Plane of Time quality", so everything from Kod'Taz up was type 8 (KT, Yxxta, Qvic, Ikkinz trials, etc). Then with Omens they changed type 7 / 8 to be used as group vs raid instead of raw quality.
    Laurana, Skuz and Froglok like this.
  10. Froglok Augur

Here is an interesting note about Sverag.

There have been many things suggested about how Players might force a change of command in Sverag. We tried it all, to no avail. Finally it was settled on that it is an automatic thing, every 24 hours, plus / minus 6 hours, which has seemed to hold true for the most part.

However, as it turns out, Players can 100% help decide who wins when an invasion starts!

Last night, we were down to just needing Orc named, and Orcs were in control. One Orc (Gront) was being quite uncooperative about showing up. Then, suddenly, a mass invasion of Undead swarmed into the zone. I didn't want the Orcs to lose control, so I got busy mass killing undead as fast as I could. After maybe 30-minutes of this, the ground shook and the named (raid) Orc announced his presence. I succeeded! The invasion was over & Orcs maintained control.

So, Players can 100% affect who wins during an invasion. It also appears the raid MOB's appear (in victory) after each invasion?

Another side effect I saw, by helping the Orcs maintain control... is that undead trash still spawned sporadically. Also, the undead Named (Hunter rares) started spawning, along with the Orc Named (Hunter rares) (on diff 18-minute timers), even though the Orcs were still in control.

So, if you have noticed, say, the Giants have been in control for more than one day, it probably means they beat the invaders to maintain control. If you are there the next time the Giants are invaded, you can help the invaders and kill the giants, to make sure the Giants are no longer in control. Or, help the Giants so that they do stay in control.
  11. Wadin Pureheart New Member

From my investigations, the invasions occurs anywhere from 18 hours to 36 hours. 18 hours being the quickest I saw with the longest between invasions at 36 hours. It appears that an invasion occurs with the zone wide broadcast of:
    Although, there does appear that there is a bug that this broadcast can occur both at the start and at the end of the invasion. I had it actually skip occurring on an invasion as well.

An invasion will consist of NPCs with "invader" in their name as well as a set with another name, e.g. aggressor, warrior, etc. The invaders appear to keep spawning for 60 minutes and than will stop. While it has been said that helping one side by killing the other side will help change the control, but I have found that not being the case. I have actually killed just about all of the non-invaders and did not have invaders take control.

You can determine which type is actually in control after an invasion by looking at the type of the quest NPC at the zone-in door (e.g. 'a headhunter' = kobolds, 'Skald Grig' = giants). Alternatively, there is an NPC that stands at the bottom of the ramp to Razorthorn next to the 'a savage furty' PH. That NPC appears to always be the same type of the one that is in control. Beside the faction that is in control, other factions can be in rotation in the zone at a given time. I have seen no more then 4 factions (1 in control + 3 others) up at once.

The respawn timer for the rare spawn PH is about 18-20 minutes. There is no natural separate on the timer. You can actually sync all faction PHs to spawn at the same time by killing them all at the same time, i.e. holding to kill a faction NPC until others are with it and than AOE them.

It is possible for the rare PHs points to become bugged on a given faction. I had this happen for the giants. When giants took over, we had giant PHs appearing on each point. At some time, they just stopped spawn at that point. Trash giants were still spawning at the other locations, e.g. the other trash NPCs in many of the rooms with the rare PH point. This stayed that way until we received another invasion. After the invasion was complete, the giant PHs restarted occurring and I was able to finish off my giant kill list.

I have not figured out how to determine which faction is doing the invasions. I thought it was based on the faction that had the most up in Devastation as some have suggested. This appeared to work when I got giants to invade. But the next invasion time, I had shiliken with the most NPCs type up in Devastation but had the evil eyes invade. Evil eyes were already present in the zone before the invasion started. I have also had cases where the same type invade in two consecutive occurrences, e.g. two cycles of werewolves.

At least on Povar, it does appear there is a bug with one rare PH right now. That is Yoon PHs located at the building close to the prison. Its PH has not spawned at all in 5 days through and through 3 invasions cycles including a second invasion of the evil eyes.

Well, that is about all I know right now. Enjoy.

-Wadin Pureheart of Quellious
    Hunter
    Rondor likes this.
  12. Froglok Augur

When I was fending off the undead invaders, I don't think any of them had "invader" as part of their name, at all.

And yes, who is in control can be determined by the quest NPC at the Zone in or The Subjugator (named / rare).
  13. Laurana Augur

Not sure if there is a bug here, but asking in case anyone else has information. Working on Hunter of Yxtta, Pulpit of Exiles. I'm down to Pixtt Flamedirge. Looking at Zam and Rasper's, this one should spawn in the south building structure. I've camped about 35 hours clearing this building and it still hasn't spawned. The Pixtt Souleater has spawned numerous times. Can anyone confirm if I'm in the right area or perhaps this rare spawn is broken?
  14. Froglok Augur

Try Magelo. They literally put dots on the zone Map where Players have killed MOB's.
    Laurana likes this.
  15. CrazyLarth Augur

but remember its where it might of been pulled to and killed.

https://eq.magelo.com/npc/411021

But an old timestamp also means it was not current.
    Laurana likes this.
  16. Laurana Augur

Thanks Froglok and CrazyLarth. I completely forgot about Magelo. If I recall, the dot is where it was killed, but that dot on the Magelos map is far enough away from where I've been camping, I'll head that way.
  17. Froglok Augur

Yes, they are not spawn spots. But kill spots and the reason I said "where Players have killed MOB's." :)

However, even so, they should spawn in the general area of the most dot accumulations.
    Laurana likes this.
  18. Laurana Augur

Expansion: Omens of War
    Zone: The Ruined City of Dranik
    NPC: a Dragorn Prodigy

This NPC cons "a rare creature" and is on the Hunter list for this zone, but it does not drop any loot. It does drop one item that is Quest tagged (Weather-Worn Signet).

It probably needs to be removed from the Hunter list and have the rare tag removed from the right-click con mechanism.
  19. Laurana Augur

Expansion: Omens of War
    Zone: The Bloodfields
    NPC: a noc slaveguard

This NPC cons "a rare creature" and is on the Hunter list for this zone, but it does not drop any loot. It drops one item that is Quest tagged (Center Section of an Engraved Signet).

It probably needs to be removed from the Hunter list and have the rare tag removed from the right-click con mechanism.
  20. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Allah shows it does drop in addition to the signet two other items
    [IMG] Noc Heart
    [IMG] Sapphire

and Magelo lists 31 additional