Parsing melee damage

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bardy, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Bardy Elder

What is the best way to parse melee damage. I want to compare some different weapon combos, but not sure what program to use and where the dummies are to test on. Thanks!!
  2. Gladare Augur

Gamparse is the program to use. Dummies can be placed in the new guild halls. However, you can also /testcopy and then on the test server take your char to the arena and spawn your own test dummies. There's an npc at the entrance to the actual arena that you talk to.
  3. Bardy Elder

I am just guilded with my alt/box characters. I know nothing about the new guild halls. Can you tell me where I access them and what I need to do to get a dummy??
  4. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

You have to buy a new guild hall from the station store and then buy the test dummies. Quickest way is to go to test.
  5. Maereax Augur

You can buy a new guild hall from the vendors in the neighborhood zones too, no need to spend SC. They're smaller, but work just as well.

Buy a guild hall and a practice dummy (and a lobby door unless you like extra running/zoning), go to any neighborhood with less than 4 used guild plots, buy and drop your hall, place your dummy, turn /log on and go at it
  6. Siddar Augur

Maybe people who have bought guild halls for this purpose could just list there guild halls server and neighborhood location. Then leave there halls open to public.

That way others don't have to buy new ones.
  7. Brogett Augur

If it's working /testcopy to copy your character to the Test server, then use the Test EQ client, login to test, and go to Arena zone. There you can spawn NPC dummies by speaking to the NPCs in zone. Alternatively you can purchases golem dummies for your main guild hall too, as others mention above.

I'd recommend GamParse as the parser of choice, but there are others still out there such as Yalp, EQCompanion and Tango! if you can still find them. All have their little benefits. Gamparse is definitely the most up to date of the bunch though so probably more accurate for new messages.