Paldadin-What happened to our fade ?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Lorewood, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Lorewood Lorekeeper

Me being oblivious most days I noticed something last night on a bad pull. What happened to the invisibility portion of our Balefire Burst?. I remember when I first got the spell how great it worked and now days , not so much. I recall that when I would hit the spell I would get the invis. (Target) and have a few seconds to get away even in front of SI or dead mobs I would have a 2-3 second period to move out of agro range before the invisibility was broken. I assumed it was one of the improved invisibilities lines like a rouge or the mage cloak will give. Now I don't see the invisible part or it breaks as soon as I move or a SI breaks it. heal tick or whatnot, I'm not sure which or why. Anyway even if what I'm saying here is wrong somehow. Our fade blows chunks at this point in time if you don't get out of LOS or far, far away it seems to be about worthless half the time. The timer on it makes it OMG spell to begin with for a class that pulls, if this is a failure rate thing then that needs fixed.

The thing that really clued me was when I had to fade my mage from something and bigger then life she had the invis brackets moved away and they never dropped so I noticed it on the knight on the next use.

I do know it is different somehow just not sure when or how it changed.
    If I am doing something wrong enlighten me.
  2. mackal Augur

They fixed some bugs with how fade works. It needed lots of things. They also reworked how it worked so it was more flexible. Basically, level cap and invisible only applies if your far away. Some classes get a perm invisible and so!e don't (that was the main thing that changed besides the whole bug fixing)
  3. Lorewood Lorekeeper

So basically they nerfed it because it actually worked?
  4. reallyy New Member

agreed, Pallies fade worked just fine, effective but not as long as others' fades. Now it's pretty much a useless button to the affect I need feint death pots. Also, what happened to pally's agro?
  5. Lorewood Lorekeeper

Agro has been weird since last patch, last couple of patches. I haven't noticed it much in group unless there is an sk in there harm touching (like 6 mill nuke..wtf is up with that and where is mine!) but on raids its has been acting funny to say the least.
  6. mackal Augur

Well, by definition, it didn't work. What the internal documentation said was suppose to happen, didn't. That is not working.
  7. fransisco Augur

I think all fades besides monk/bard have a 10% fail chance (rangers are a pulling class but thier fade has this fail rate too. As does necro fd now).
  8. Warpeace Augur

Upside when everyone received a fade ability it worked really really well like 100% of the time. Downside it went to the sucky pile after they rebalanced all classes fade ability. I don't recall the % chances of success for each class
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

SK Death's Effigy is still 100%, iirc. Remember all the necro tears about theirs getting a fail chance?

Pepperidge Farms remembers.
  10. Qbert Gallifreyan

I just wish it would have messages akin to the new taunt messaging. Variable emotes based on success or failure, etc. I'm not a fan of the new version as compared to the original, obviously . . . but I still use it frequently.
  11. Koryu Professional Roadkill

"fixed" lol

And there is a failure message.
  12. josh Augur

Ours no longer invises at all. The invis at range is only for some classes. You can fix this by adding a cloudy potion click to your hot key though, not ideal but it helps.

The 100% success chance list is much larger than you all seem to think. sk, necro, ranger, rogue, enchanter, shaman, and monk all have 100% chance to fade

There is also a level cap though, for most of us it will fail if the mob is 108 or higher with the aa maxed out. for rogue, monk, bard, ranger, sk, necro it works up to 110.

One final note, all fades succeed 100% of the time at placing you at the bottom of the rampage list, regardless of level or if the aggro drop fails.

http://spells.eqresource.com/spells...rue&searchdescription=true&searcheffects=true
  13. Raccoo Augur

14. josh Augur

I forgot bards in my list on accident. I am wrong about necromancers it seems, I just assumed death's effigy was the same for necro's and sk's but it apparently isn't. enchanters and shamans are 100% chance though. Even if the spell details on eqresource is wrong, the fade that enchanters and shamans has also mezzes you, making it the only fade that will work almost 100% of the time and even on mobs greater than 110.