Paladins and throwing people under the bus...

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Nekradd, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Nekradd Journeyman

What good does it do to try and get the other classes nerfed? stop being counter-productive.....
  2. Warpeace Augur

Popcorn?
    Chaosflux likes this.
  3. Chaosflux Augur

Welcome to the EQLIVE forums.

I see your new around here.

The popcorn is available st the concession stands.
    Mykaylla likes this.
  4. Nekradd Journeyman

i think i'm gonna need some shots and beer for this lmao
  5. Chaosflux Augur

Might need something stronger TBH.
  6. Seldom Augur

Can't remember the last time I've seen Paladin(s) specifically try to get something nerfed besides the crazy AE aggro producing Harmonius abilities. Even some of the most vocal SK's/Wars on these boards are now admitting how bad those abilities are for game though and that should tell you something. I'd say grab some popcorn but the boards have seen far more heated debate/nerf campaigns in past =p
  7. Triconix Augur

Was there anybody who argued Harmonious wasn't obnoxiously OP?

Bring more active aggro abilities to replace passive abilities and a vast majority of people who take pride in their class will be on board.

Paladin AE aggro needs to be supplemented with more stuff. Harmonious needs to be drastically changed or flat removed until something reasonable can replace it. Activated abilities need to be the norm, not the occasional upgrade.
    Sheex, fransisco and Seldom like this.
  8. Chaosflux Augur

Remember the tears of Warriors when knights got stances.

Pepperidge farm remembers.
    svann and shik like this.
  9. Wulerdar Gnome Slayer

the fixed taunt was worth knights being thrown a bone though
  10. Seldom Augur

Yes, sadly there are people that make the AE aggro Harmonius out to be completely fine Triconix. The evil Paladins are leading a crusade to get it nerfed, no worries (read the last couples posts in the test thread for some lols and to see folks defending current aggro levels). FYI: I tend to agree on all your points and have no clue as to why anyone wouldn't. Just goes to show how many enjoy the easy mode stuff
  11. Nekradd Journeyman

i ain't defending Harmonius at all but i do find it funny that paladins always and i do mean always throw the warriors and sk's under the bus like a bunch of people looking for their safe spaces..
  12. Seldom Augur

Let's pretend that one of the main Everquest developers isn't a Shadowknight main and that one of three tank classes aren't amazingly represented/understood by a development stance due to such. Let's also pretend that Paladins aren't the least played of the tank classes and that barely any posts on these boards. Name exactly what these "supposed" nerf calls have done to your class Nekkrad? One of your most recent class nerfs came from a highend player of your own class being honest openly. Lemme guess, that was another Paladin in disguise huh lol. Pertaining to the Harmonius stuff, Paladins shouldn't need to bring up any of the simple aggro facts. Warriors/SK's should be stating how silly it is currently. If a Paladin does bring it up, how exactly is it hurting you since you "claim" to not be defending it.... We both already know the answer by the way, it's rhetorical question.
    svann, shik and fransisco like this.
  13. Chaosflux Augur

Considering how hard some members of your community were crying in VOA ROF and COTF about paladin abilities I find fault in your statement.

Especially since those lead directly to paladin nerfs.

Throwing stones in a glass house.
    fransisco likes this.
  14. Nekradd Journeyman

lol i don't use Harmonius in raids and i don't really group with people sooo i don't use it outside of raids either i could take it or leave it
  15. Repthor Augur

Like doomcasters says nerf paladins heals and cures and dps and their ability to tank . And make doomcasters
  16. Warpeace Augur

From the Paladin AA Chat for The Darkened Sea - this is a typical response we get and I believe most in the class are ok with that as long as when we need to use them they actually work.

[16:54] <@Elidroth> Correct.. Paladins are not intended to have much AoE aggro

So with TBM we received Hallowed Lodestar our second AE agro ability. Hurray more AE agro!!

EoK - spells were upgraded via AA and for some reason it was a good idea to only upgrade the DAMAGE portion of out Crush spell line to probably meet the minimum damage requirements to make the Alliance spell fire. Where is the agro upgrade for this spell line that should have increased hand in hand with the spell damage?

As a class Paladin need reliable single target agro to hold a mobs attention and peel additional mobs off of Warriors and SK and currently it is not reliable with a spell bar full of agro spells and having to blow agro AA to peel an add off of others.

Feel free to say your not doing it right but when raiding Warriors and SK have an honest conversation and openly admit Paladin agro is pi$$ poor vs what they can put out it does needs addressed. One fix would be to give the 8% agro increase to Crush of the darkened sea and Crush of Povar and call it a day.
  17. Tucoh Augur

I can't be alone in thinking that they had no idea how much the SK/war harmonious would trivialize AE aggro, and don't care now that it does. When I read the ability description I thought it was mis-typed, and when I tested it I expected it to be nerfed before EoK released.

Then again, I mostly use harmonious precision because the extra healing is too good to pass up, I have so many tools to get aggro and can keep aggro very easily from riposte.
  18. Warpeace Augur

As far as

Paladins and throwing people under the bus...

Might want to ask Drogba where he left the keys if you need the bus moved:p
  19. Chaosflux Augur

8% wouldn't do

Valiant currently only produces alittle over 60% of the aggro it's supposed to, how about they fix that first. It's SUPPOSED to be north of 17000 per cast figuring hate mod from the ability itself and the hate mod on the heal.
    Traditionally when the hate mod worked this was some minor AE aggro (it worked for awhile in TDS not sure when they broke it again)

The hate mods on heals universally are current broken (admonish as well).

This bug is easily reproduceable. Fix it.

Then look at Harmonious' and do an honest evaluation.

They don't even need to make ours multi target, but it needs to atleast be I. The Fing ballpark of the others if there aren't adjustments made.

It's currently 1/4 of the SK hate/proc.

If it was even or close we would atleast be able to peel a single mob.

Beacon needs to be brought back to where it was in COTF.

Lodestar is fine.
    Tucoh likes this.
  20. Xanathol Augur

This is one of the many reasons why we all laugh at you.