Paladin Swarming W/ Shinning Rampart?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by halfpint77, Jul 2, 2013.

1. halfpint77 Lorekeeper

Good Afternoon,

I have a question for any fellow high end Paladin, I am currently playing on FV. And have a 90 Paladin and 89 Cleric I two box with. My old grind spot in FC has become a play ground to me, with the ability to swarm 50-60 Mobs at once. It really has gotten me excited about the potential to swarm as good if not better then an SK in the High end.

Where do our innate stun AA's cap out at and what kind of heals can one anciticipate running our 55 Aura, with Shinning Rampart and keeping our healing AA's maxed? Are we capable of swarming the grounds at 100 like these SK are doing?

Thanks in advance!
  2. Retro Elder

no, and at 90 you should prolly be doing BMK . A paladin wont be breaking into HoT with what they use without being max raid geared and an expansion or 3 without a level cap.
  3. halfpint77 Lorekeeper

Ok,

So let me clarify, this is not a Troll Post, or a call to Nerf or an envy thread.

If you are calling BS fine, call it what you will.

I simply questioned what our top end limitations were, and that question has yet to be answered. You're initial post questioned why I was in FC.

Reason = Power Leveling a level 70

You the suggested BMK, thanks for the suggestion, however the select undead side of that zone is full of healer mobs and take forever to kill when you get 4 of them in one spot.
  4. Retro Elder

You are just missing that our AA dont scale that well with content. I went to grounds with 11kac and 130k hp and its just not going to happen to pull 45 mobs there without what I said before. The devs dont want procs to be part of the game and they try to stagnate them where they can as much as possible.

As a rule they don't really increase AA power after like the first 3 ranks unless its already a miniscule increase to start with and they just keep it baseline.

That heal doesnt matter when you are swarming those handful of healers cant heal the entire wing of mobs. The instance is by far the best way to get exp at 90-95. I didn't even need shining at 95 to pull the whole wing. Before that Ilsalin is where its at, frostcrypt is just an awful zone. BMK has an instance so theres also a very small respawn timer.

The last reasonable zone for a paladin to swarm in atm is kora warrens. If you don't believe me you will when you get there and even then I am pretty sure you wont do very well without raid gear.
  5. halfpint77 Lorekeeper

OK,

Hey!

Thanks,

That is the answer I was seeking; it truly was not a troll. I just needed an explanation from a higher up pally to run me down with what things were like at 100. So thank you again, I hope you didn't take anything personal. As I said before, it was not to troll, or call for Nerf with some secret intent. I was just excited with what I had been seeing as of latly with my combo and got really curious as to the potential if I was onto something golden or if it was just a 'Golden Phase'. And you have provided me with that answer.
  6. Mykaylla Augur

Out of curiosity, why are you using level 55 aura instead of level 70?

[8925] Holy Aura
    Classes: PAL/55
    Skill: Conjuration
    Mana: 340
    Target: Self
    Beneficial: Blockable
    Casting: 6s, Recast: 1.5s, Rest: 1.5s
    1: Aura Effect: Holy Aura Effect (IOBlessedAura55)
    Text: You are surrounded in a blessed aura.
    Increases the potency of healing spells that land on your companions, as long as they stay inside the area of the aura.
    [8481] Blessed Aura
    Classes: PAL/70
    Skill: Conjuration
    Mana: 400
    Target: Self
    Casting: 3s, Recast: 1.5s, Rest: 1.5s
    1: Aura Effect: Blessed Aura Effect (IOBlessedAura)
    Text: You are surrounded in a blessed aura.
    Increases the potency of healing spells that land on your companions, as long as they stay inside the area of the aura.
    [8482] Blessed Aura Effect
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Casting: 0s
    2: Increase Healing Taken by 5%
    [8938] Holy Aura Effect
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Casting: 0s
    2: Increase Healing Taken by 3%
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  7. Elricvonclief Augur

The level 70 aura should be available in PoK. Even on endgame raids, it's something most paladins try to keep up.
  8. krozman Augur

Let me bring this thread where it should be. With the proper AAs Shining armor allows any paladin to swarm just as well as any SK. If you don't have the AA you will die miserably.

But BMK is not the place to do it. Too small and undead healers everywhere. What you want are high volume mobs, preferably in an instance that you can flip, without named that summon. The best choice pre 100 is still the kaesora library raid. It was perfect leveling in the HoT/VoA era, but will no longer be good at the 100-105 range.

Chances are you can't request that raid until you do the prequests, so theres always the possibility of swarming the static Kaesora Library or Field of Scale. Just watch out for named.
  9. Uxtalzon Augur

At 90 I was pulling and killing moderate amounts of crystal dudes in Korascian Warrrens. When the 97 discipline Holy Guardian came out, I could pull all of them and anything else in sight and as long as I kept my butt in a corner, I refused to die. BMK is annoying because of the stupid priests who fully heal (not complete heal, FULLY heal) themselves or any other undead buddy. I think before then, I wasn't swarming at all except way back when Buried Sea mobs were still blue.

We can swarm at The Grounds, and I do sometimes only when there aren't many players there. T2 VoA gear and 6500+ AAs invested, so everything is maxed. I do it solo, no Shining Armor to happily use, but I overzealously use defensive and offensive abilities so I know I'm guaranteed to survive whatever I pull.

You can also pull the entire Old Bloodfields zone (also a hotzone), but the zone lags extremely bad after just 30 mobs, nearly half summon, and the end result is a petty amount of experience. Unless you're alone, you only prove to be a jerk to the other players by taking all the mobs and causing 5 second lag. lol
  10. Retro Elder

How many AA are you people getting for a lesson burn on these mythical swarms? I remember my numbers for BMK at 95 and where I swarm at 100.. just curious.

edit : paladin swarming started in Ruins of ilsalin then moved to hills of shade where you could clear the undead village / beach in 3-4 pulls in 20 mins with looting w/o shining.
  11. Elricvonclief Augur

Aye Retro, last swarming I did really was at 95 in HoS. Got boring quickly, LOL.
  12. Abazzagorath Augur

Swarming in feerott when it was a hotzone at 100 I was getting 45ish aa. It was "ok", not great. Was better for powerleveling than soloing aa (camping the alt out in between pulls, was getting 40-60% of a level from 95 to 100 on one lesson on the alt. Not done any of that in awhile.

If you went all out, you could get closer to 60 aa there. Using shining obviously.
  13. Jokskilove Palzerker

At 90 and 89, I would suggest trying Mechmatic guardian. The real beauty of it is that you can collect the portal clickies, so you can pull an entire wing with the paladin, and then port the cleric right to the spot - so you only need to run one char at a time. I know it's not undead, but stuff seems to die nonetheless (At least that worked well when PL'ing at level 100, not sure how tough it would be at 90). Also, you don't need to worry about camp being open, or training people, or anything like that :) There's also a few nice clickies in there!
  14. Obiwon Elder

You're very confusing since you speak like you have a 90 pally, but then seemingly like you are envy thread. False and inaccurate envy, but envy nonetheless.

Now a silly question for anyone. BMK = Bloodmoon Keep? Dang never tried that. Always hated all the healers in it and nameds get in the way, along with a lot of live mobs.
  15. Retro Elder

ya it is bloodmoon in loping, the 4th instance (the departed) is just undead and you can pull the whole thing , the mobs cant really keep up with the dps no matter how much they heal for, just target the healers first. Most are casters so its low dmg vs player. Mobs turn green there at 96 tho.
    Elricvonclief likes this.