Paladin Spell Upgrade's Missing from TDS :(

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Hazimil, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Hazimil Lorekeeper

Hi All

Unless I'm mistaken, so far I've not seen any new spells to upgrade the following:

96: Abrogate the Undead (undead nuke with chance to do big dmg or lower resistances)
    99: Reinvigorating Steel (short buff to give weapon heal proc)
    100: Preservation of the Iceclad (short buff to increase Atk, Str, AC and heal when hit)

I wonder if they will come along later? :(

Yours
    Haz!
    aka Jonathan
  2. Mintalie Augur

Welcome to the club! I believe every single class had omissions.
  3. Ravengloome Augur

Doctrine line has replaced old undead only nukes.
  4. Maedhros High King

Most importantly, Pureforge hasnt been upgraded since level 90.
    You also missed Valiant Deflection, which did not get an upgrade, which is probably the number 1 spell cast by paladins.
  5. sojero One hit wonder

Pureforge is % based, it does not need an upgrade very often. Many skills that are % based do not get upgrades but once every couple years.

Also the doctrine line is a new line of spells, one in which they retired the old abrogate line (my theory). To me that was fine because they were the same damage and ill gladly trade the 10% chance of a 65k nuke for 1 second faster cast every cast with a .75 slower recast, because i cant tell a difference in the recast in a normal rotation..
  6. Ravengloome Augur

Id be more worried about righteous umbrage not being upgraded then i would pureforge.

% modifiers have infinite stacking.
  7. Nightops Augur

not to mention our powerful disc Holyforge (lvl 55). Is anyone glad we got an expensive AA line for Hastened Holyforge.. haha.

Actually, can someone actually post a parse to show what kind of upgrade to dps this disc provides at current levels. My guess would be holyforge is STILL unnoticable.

Does ANY other class have a worthless offensive disc similar to ours that does a nominal dps increase but the devs still provide AA lines to decrease the reuse timer and have not provided an upgrade to for 10 years?
  8. Ravengloome Augur

Since I asked for the ranks of hastened holyforge, I guess I'll explain.

1) high duration
    2) it increases our crit rate which is beneficial since we now have vets wrath aa (we did not back in kunark)
    3) it stacks with various classes A DPS that I regularly group with

On its own it's not awesome but when you look at #1 and #3 that's where it's power lies.

Personally I use holyforge/pureforge/valorous/inquisitor all the time especially since stuns became useful again.

Next your going to complain I asked for valiant blade too...

Or you could just say thank you.
  9. Edrick Augur

Holyforge lasts a long time now. I don't know much about melee DPS classes, but I know that at least a couple of them have discs that are long lasting, and provide a small DPS boost to provide as a filler until their big boom headshot discs are backup. That's how I treat Holyforge. Pureforge is our big DPS disc.

We're tanks, we get two to choose from, that's fine with me.
  10. Ravengloome Augur

Exactly with pureforge > blunted > holyforge rotation you can keep up an offensive disc for quite awhile and doing it that way when you pop holyforge quicktime ggotf/gba and other adps just came off cooldown.

Then start the rotation over as VR comes up, pop cataclysm on the forge discs.

Doing it that way if your say dps'ing in a group with another tank or pulling doubles/singles and you have a good weapon/aa you can sustain 20 - 25 k dps instead of a measly 10 or 15 barely trying.