Paladin Spell Sets at 105

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Tarvas, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

2. Nightops Augur

You can add in the new Dichotomic spell from TBM.

oh wait... nevermind.
    Abazzagorath likes this.
  3. Brohg Augur

I'm curious about a sideline of Paladining that those threads don't address, the straight healing. On bst there's just Mending if you're not their warder. Rng has Desperate then chain Cloudfont (good for about 2k heal/sec if my most recent Nomia-live parse is to be believed). Paladins I think have more tools, but there's a real mash. What sort of linup / rotation is recommended for a paladin use in a straight healing role?

edit: being grouped is cool? I don't mean to exclude Wave & Aurora if they're part of max healing output
  4. Zehn Lorekeeper

I don't have, nor have I had in a very long time, loaded a pure healing spell set. With Valiant, admonish and PA alone you can heal a metric ton (lol prolly more than some of the weaker clerics!), add in your splash, and a quick group heal spell you'd have alot of your healing situations covered. Note: I do have both Grief and Sorrow up as well, in case I need quick heals from ramp, or a sudden agro switch. I also will switch out one of my stuns for a burst heal if I am assigned to the MT group where more healing assist is needed. (I run alot with 2 stuns and a crush)

I pretty much stick with one general set, and prior to each event switch out spells based on the role I am going to play. I just wanted to give you a brief summary, but it seems that it's harder to do than I thought.

If anyone has a pure heal set, and actually uses it, I'd love for them to post it. Someday I'm guessing I will be a main healer again, but for now I have 3 spell gems I mem, and re-mem based on the event to either move me to agro heavy, or heal heavy.
  5. Nightops Augur

Like the above poster mentioned, it has been a very long time since I mem'd a true healing line up. I have been tasked to run as the only group healer several times during raids and can manage with using my regular spell line up.

I find the key to doing this is to have 2 burst spells mem'd. They are not on the same timer so you can get 2 heals off really fast. The other key is to be keep everyone at 100% hps. Don't wait until they get below 80% to heal them.

The other advantage paladins have lies within our support tools. Be sure to keep your aura up and if you need a lot of healing for a certain part of an event, hit your group armor of the inquisitor or first spire. This will give the people in your group a healing mod which will help out. Don't forget about your Hand of Piety AA, however, don't rely on this AA for your lone ability to group heal.

If you have to help heal a MT either by design or from the original MTs dying/switching, then you can spam heal aurora and work in some of the indirect healing spells. If this does happen, I try to be more reactive with burst heals instead of proactively healing like a true healer on a MT. I find if you back out of combat and keep the MT targeted, you can burst heal when the MT drops below 30% and still be a lot of help. Let the clerics continue to be proactively healing and fall back to a spot healer. Yes, the MTs will still get 1 rounded on hard mobs, but when they don't, you can often be the first to land a heal to push thier hps back up.

Also, don't forget to purchase your faycite shards to boost your healing amounts. They seem like a small bonus for the price, but every bit helps. And if you keep 2 burst spells in your line up, the shards last a long time.
  6. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

7. Brohg Augur

m'kay, so some notes for myself on what's been brought up so far. All my raw data I'm referencing from raidloot.com/Spells as I write this…

Target's target stuff:
    Valiant Deflection is 5316 heal+mods&crits, with 0.5s cast / 6s recast on Timer17
    Admonish 6789 +m&c 1s/5s no timer could potentially load lv97 Ostracize for 5865? I never hear of paladins doing this though?

it's my understanding that those two can be (albeit rarely on raid-debuffed mob) resisted?

Target's target:
    Protective Proclamation 6296 +m&c +46k in "vie" protection 1s/5s T9 can't be resisted?

Splash is just 2697, which is kinda unimpressive for raw healing of a single target, but the spell is always up for its incredible curing utilty. Anyhow 1s/18s T2, typically paired with Glorious for Twinheal.

The quick group heal is Wave of Greif? heals for 9235, 3sec cast means spell haste has to be taken into account (23%worn, 11%clericbuff, total 2sec cast?), 18s recast, no timer so a second Wave (of Sorrow) can be loaded for 7977 if this is the way to go.

Grief and Sorrow are the two big (if you're low hp) self rescue heals, like personal LoH on the spell bar. They're super sweet, but not what I'm after here. Notable that they're the only ones that heal the paladin in a manner uneven with how they heal anyone else, heh.

Highest level Burst is Dayspring, 12907 heal , 0.25/12s, but also with "Quiet:3s". That Quiet thing is pretty unique, it basically doubles the global refresh on the spellbar? A 3.25s total cast+recast is still pretty good, but is a bigger total than, like, 2.5 for PP+regular cooldown.

Aurora of Dayspring is the group-fill heal, it's the only one mentioned that can be chain cast by itself. I've read somewhere that it doesn't twinheal, but I'm curious if its healing is still modified by AA/focus/crits? Its base heal is 45872 (chunky!), my understanding is some of that will be drawn off if other group members are also damaged. Which is both not cool and very cool at the same time.

Did I miss anything?

Thanks for the help with this.
  8. Riou EQResource

Aurora gets no boosts from anything, nor mana reductions, nor use gift of mana and that, it's just a straight up heal using X mana for Y HP (raidloot should also parse how much it is), so it will fire even if you only have like 10 mana (and if it's at 20 hp per 1 mana for that spell line / rank / whatever, then heal for 200, etc)
  9. Linden Augur

I have pretty much gone with the following setup for most raids now on TDS and TBM:

1. Brilliant Vindication
    2. Splash of atonement
    3. Wave of Grief
    4 Wave of Sorrow
    5. Stance
    6. Force of the darkened Sea
    7. Force of Ardency (or Consecration depending on assignment)
    8. Burst
    9. Burst
    10 Burst
    11 Admonish
    12 Grief

Vigor (3), Vim (3), Ritualist of Life (5) on 12/7/2015

Linden - 341

--- Ageless Enmity II - 1
    --- Ardent Fury Strike - 10
    --- Bestowed Divine Aura - 1
    --- Blessing of Life XVIII - 20
    --- Brilliant Vindication - 56
    --- Burst of Dayspring Rk. III - 64
    --- Burst of Splendor - 26
    --- Burst of Sunrise - 48
    --- Defensive / Evasive disc ended - 1
    --- Dichotomic Force - 1
    --- First Spire of Holiness III - 3
    --- Force of Disruption XV - 1
    --- Gift of Resurrection - 3
    --- Group Armor of the Inquisitor IV - 3
    --- Hand of Piety XXXIV - 4
    --- Lay on Hands XXVIII - 4
    --- Lesser Yaulp IV - 3
    --- Marr's Gift II - 3
    --- Projection of Piety III - 1
    --- Received Auspice of the Hunter - 3
    --- Received Paragon - 1
    --- Shield Flash - 1
    --- Slain - 5
    --- Sorrow - 2
    --- Splash of Atonement Rk. III - 56
    --- Staunch Recovery - 1
    --- Staunch Stance Rk. II - 2
    --- Tendon Slice - 3
    --- Wave of Grief Rk. III - 14
    --- Wave of Sorrow Rk. III - 4

Produced by GamParse v1.5.1.5

Results: /GU -vs- Vigor (3), Vim (3), Ritualist of Life (5), Linden healed: / Total: 16093464

I dont use Proclaimation, sometimes Admonish, but I prefer to stick to spells with cast timers under .5, with the exception of 2 wave heals, Staunch Stance, and Splash, the rest are under .5 cast time. Few aggro spells are needed imo, we have plenty of aggro in the form of Bold Attack and other AA's. Hastened AA's have further reduced the cooldown time on those so getting and holding aggro is not an issue, so i generally go deep in healing on most of our raids. For those I'm offtanking / tanking I will drop a wave heal, maybe a burst, and put in admonish, and Valliant deflection.
    Oh, and when starting a raid, most of the time I start with Ocean Power Source to top off mana pool, swap out to Geomantic when mana drops around 85 percent, or when offtanking
    And no i'm not just spamming. A good part of the raid, My eye are glued to the ETW, rarely do i blink. Its actually a lot of fun, healing with Burst, and getting it in on time, Group Armor on the inquisitor, First spire of holiness, Ocean PS equipted, Burst heals will land for as high as 180k on exceptional heal. If I need to offtank, or pick up aggro, I have Unflinching Affirmation for a quick grab, FOD, and Force of the darkened Sea, then Pet down, aggro grab and lock complete.
  10. Linden Augur

a couple paladins splashing a raid does incredible healing, overall. Its hitting the entire raid force, with crits healing as high as 48k, now double that because of Brilliant vindication.

[Mon Dec 07 01:51:08 2015] You are cleansed. You have been healed for 46090 points.

Now factor into that every member of the raid force that is low at the time, gets healed. A couple paladins spamming a raid by splashing will out heal on a combined total, more then a cleric, a druid or a shaman. 15-20 million on one raid isn't shocking.
    I have tried our heal through spells, I have tried different combinations and compared the parsing data, I have never seen a Paladin out parse another paladin or make any kind of impressive healing parse using HoT spells. Burst healing, Splashing, and wave healing is where its at, in my experience. On most raids, I will be splashing every time it pops up. There are exceptions, but generally, yeah, Splash every time you can.
  11. Linden Augur

Thats a good point, its also the reason I mem 3 in my line-up, so I can basically always have one available. The long 3 second global cool down is where I go to other utility. When I cast a burst heal, immediatey I move my mouse cursor over Hand of Piety and next to that is LoH and Reflective, So if im in global cool down and my group drops , I just click HoP, or move to loh and hit my target. Our healing AA's are not included in that cool down.
  12. Cecil1 Journeyman

Very interesting Linden, I may just load more than 1 burst to see if I like doing that. I'm more of a protective/impose/iceclad mitigater. But seeing as this post is about all healing, why wouldn't we use ardent healing to negate that nasty global cooldown which seems to be such a thorn in our side after we've exhausted our instant heal abilities like flex or HoP?

I would say waves, protection, ardent healing, fast blessing, YES a burst!, Brilliant Vind with splashing as per Linden.
  13. Cecil1 Journeyman

Throw in a HoT if you feel like it too. Please keep in mind I suggested a cleric type line up where all you do is heal others/yourself. My personal raid line up is mitigation heavy.
  14. Thancra Loladin

-Ardent healing is way too slow for raid content and I'm pretty sure it is aswell for group content. Mobs interrupting you is a real thing, bursts sort of dodge this problem.
    -HoT in raid will not stack with other classes with better HoT.
    -Impose is completely useless, there are better aggro spells.
    Zandy and shik like this.
  15. shiftie Augur

When I raided I kept 3 of the self heals up and a burst, splash tott heal as well as aurora.

He three self heals are six self heals with forceful. A dead paladin is of no use to anyone. My mana and life were more important than most when it came to discs and what a paladin mana bar can do.

There are really three types of raiding Paladins.
    Tanking
    Healing
    Utility
    The tanking and healing Paladins allow the utility ones to act as a stop gap for anything and everything that can go wrong if you have three acting at an equal skill level they can't be replaced on how valuable they can be.
    Cecil1 likes this.
  16. Brohg Augur

What parts of paladining have too much overlap to be exclusive? Why do you list tanking & healing separately? Why aren't they all "utility" paladins (i.e. All Of The Above paladins)
  17. shiftie Augur

Because Paladins are a stop gap.

You can't have all your Paladins being utility. When I raided with roi our tank order set who was doing what. If you were high in the order you had to be ready to tank at the drop of a hat. Having your spells tied up in healing or utility sets would be self defeating. Now you can min max a set to do all 3 but for true healing power your going to have to sacrifice somewhere. And to be in a tank order all your spells had better revolve around you staying alive.

Depending on the event I went into full cleric mode. Glyph of lost secrets and had a field day. For the most part though i floated to do whatever the raid needed most at that particular time. If a paladin is running around reactively you can find something to help win an event. Ie if you are in group 2 and the group 3 tandem healer dies you can swing by and pick up their healing assignment and allow them to get rezzed buffed and back at it. Or take over the tanking for 30sec and blow deflection to allow that group to recover if you are in the tank line up you can't do that.

There are certain tricks that dictate a spell set. For instance aurora can heal someone through da. So when another paladin in group was ramp tanking or the cleric or Druid da fired. You could heal them and avoid them getting low health Agro. And now with sk capable of ramp tanking a paladin can keep them up.
    Cecil1 likes this.
  18. Cecil1 Journeyman

-As a healer type which you completely ignored, you will not be getting hit. Ardent healing is fine and can recast as long as you have mana.
    -Right but you can cast it when others HoT is not on. Heaven forbid you fill the gap.
    -Impose is completely useless if you don't use it, the agro stacks and adds mitigation but wasn't the point of my healer spell lineup.
  19. Cecil1 Journeyman

That's how our pallies usually co-ordinate and I agree.
  20. Seldom Augur

Under no circumstance should a paladin be casting their heal over time line on raids. Very limited circumstances where ardent healing should be used(if you're main/only healer in a group is one of those limited circumstances). The mitigation portion of impose doesn't stack with cleric vie or our proclamation. Giving some very bad advice there Cecil.
    Nightops and Thancra like this.