Paladin Pro-Tips

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Forsworn013, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Chaosflux Augur

Because between RC and Splash of Purification curing is locked TF down in group content.

Dicho puts out a heal that's instant. Sure it costs a ton of mana, but if you are good your teammate (merc) is seldom getting hit. It can then double up as a "O crap I need a stun" thay buys you time to bust off HOP or reflexive incase that Gheal from dicho wasn't good enough to top the merc off.

The aggro component in that scenario helps because chances are you need to peel it off the merc.

The amount of times this scenario happens should be less than the recast of dicho, otherwise you have bigger problems, and chances are if you are going at a good pace/playing actively, nearly everything else aggro/dps wise is locked out.

So while your trying to channel and click the floor, I've already got the situation under control.

Pure solo it can be used as a last ditch throw in the kitchen sink IDGAF I am not dying to THIS merb type heal. In that situation efficiency is a secondary concern. Which means again the times are rare and the mana cost are unconcerning.

If you are trying to push the absolute bitter edge of what you are doing and do it as quickly as possible, I'd argue splash has no place.

If you and your merc are taking consistent area damage on say a named? It probably be smarter to let the merc die and just pop AOTI and your burns and self heal through it.

If it's ramp damage again let the merc die or burst it occasionally.

Yeh Dicho is a bad spell mana wise, and because it does 3 things and none of them well, but when you need all 3 of those things done at once (which happens) it's a damn fine tool and we'll worth 1/12th of your spell related power

Basically there's better tools outside of consistent necessity to cure.
  2. Nightops Augur

You guys can talk up the paladin dicho in multiple ways... but it's the worst spell in our book.
  3. Chaosflux Augur

True north wants a word with you
  4. Nightops Augur

You must not have played in the early days... or you carried a rusty sword to drop and tried to line yourself up.
  5. Chaosflux Augur

Sense Heading (200) broham
  6. Nightops Augur

hum.... you must have been busy clicking sense heading while leveling to 3.
  7. fransisco Augur

In a way, I'm kinda relieved that pally dicho sucks.
    Ever other class lost 1 spell gem permanently. If pally dicho was "okish", we'd still need to mem it all the time for a semi good spell.

Given, I'd love the spell to actually be awesome like several other classes' dichos. But if its gonna be mediocre or bad, I'd almost rather bad and keep the spell gem.
  8. Chaosflux Augur

Because sidewinder game controllers didn't exist...
  9. Seldom Augur

Paladin Dicho is weak in comparison to other classes Dicho, but there are multiple uses. In no particular order- 1.) Main/only healer in group or raid. 2.) When raid boss tanking or doing anything with high probability of death, load it and all yellow heals. Don't hesitate in using them quickly then popping forceful 3.) Sometimes when solo best to load it and use on gift of mana procs(doesn't eat twin heal) etc.
    Brohg likes this.
  10. Brohg Augur

Pal dicho is "bad" only in the sense that it's more a reactive spell than an active one that you'd want to plain spam on cooldown. The stuff it does is pretty great, and the instant-ness is really great. By contrast, magician dicho is actually bad, like not remotely worth a spell gem ever.
  11. Chaosflux Augur

Which is great, because we already have 0 cast downtime with our frequent spam spells, So any new spam spell would have to be exceptional to upset an existing line.

The only time our spell bar lights up is when we AFK. On that note, that's why dicho is decent, because the longest you have to wait for a heal (GCD) is 1.5s which at most is a single mob round. As opposed to 1.8s (burst + gcd) which puts you at a possible 2 rounds connecting before the heal lands.