Paladin partner

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Telora, May 19, 2020.

1. Hinastorm86 Augur

Ranger would be a very similar idea in a 2 box, but you'd do more damage at the cost of tankiness and healing power. You'd have to be even more careful about avoiding all damage, as ranger heals suck.

Of course once rangers get the bow AA's in luclin Ranger/chanter will actually be a pretty legit duo.
  2. Thash Zoner

It'd be great, if rangers were better healers. The farther you get from cleric, the more you need a 3rd to fill the gaps.
  3. Fluid Augur

First thing I thought was "Cleric because you'll need someone who can rez." But yes, all the other serious answers in the thread have value. Remember a Paladin is not exactly overpowered with respect to DPS during TLP first phase. There are a few other quirks like Enchanter has a research only during original damage shield which will help a bit on DPS too. Paladin is OK on undead so taking someone that shines with undead like a Necro can help, it just makes for an odd RPG team Paladin + Necro.

SOP for first phase of TLP is get to 10ish, go to Unrest until 20-30, so you may want to pick characters, starting city, and race with that in mind. It's a long dangerous run for an Ogre Shaman. Not much better for a Barbarian Shaman either, but at least you can start a Paladin in Qeynos and suffer the run together.

IMHO, Ranger + Enchanter would not be my first choice if only because Rangers are squishy. You don't really get good armor ~Barbed until much later. You do get a stacking combination of snares, DOTs and fears that would be workable. I mean if you hit the MOB with Enchanter Fear and DOTs anyway, you are ending up using the Ranger as a replacement pet for fear kiting. I see no reason why this wouldn't work for taking down tougher MOBs. Tash would help to as I've never notice Ranger spells to stick that well on tough MOBs. SoW, albeit late in the mix is always welcome. I mean I have leveled up ~near naked Rangers in Stonebrunt doing little but fear kiting animals for 20 levels. I can only see an Enchanter improving the number of zones and level range you can do it in.
  4. Telora New Member

That’s pretty much what I thought with the ranger so I’ll stick with paladin this run. Thanks all!
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

On the next charm break, mez and blur the charmee. It'll be full health in about 30 seconds. Problem solved.
  6. Ultrazen Augur

Or mez it, charm a fresh mob, and kill the 20% hit point mob for full exp. Healing charmed pets is a real waste of time and mana, unless you have a very specific pet you want to keep in a specific situation.
  7. Ayoheee Augur

Sorta like

Sorta like

8. Accipiter Old Timer

LOL, busted. I can't remember what I had for lunch much less what I read in this thread yesterday. ;)