Paladin Multibind

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Stewy, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Stewy New Member

Hi all.

My wife and i like playing some alts and we have a set at 101, and I'm teaching her the benefits of doing a multibind. She loves the one I setup for her Main (warrior), with information I got here (thanks warrior types on the forums), but my internet and forum searches for a Paladin multibind have come up short. It seems most of what I have found have been macro's but not multibinds.

So two questions
    #1 - Do most Paladins multibind at all?

#2 - If so, would you please share your multibinds and order or keys?

Thanks for any info!
  2. Zehn Lorekeeper

Honestly ... I only have one multi bond key ... and it cycles through the variations of crushes/stuns .. and valiant (drawing a blank on the new one) ... its literally only the 1st 4 spells on my bar.

I do have one macro key set up for misc AA stuff, AA stun, and/or secondary spells like pally mitigation, a second target HoTT, and possibly a group heal if needed. I really cant give you a hard "this is the set to use", because of our utility, it can change from event to event, and even group to group what is needed."
  3. Valtam Journeyman

Well, I'm certainly not in the top 75% of Paladins, but for what it's worth I have 2 basic multibinds and one key set up to use with my boxing software (the legal one). I am a grouping boxer with a Druid, Mage, and Chanter, so basically I try to stay alive and keep all aggro. The first multibind is constantly mashed during combat and is Repel - Crush - Censure - Valiant defense - Protective Proclamation - Aurora. This does some damage, heals me, and gives a melee guard. There is no finesse or timing with this, and Aurora is tacked on at the end for when I run out of mana and can't cast anything else, my regen allows me to at least self cast some amount of a heal. I also have an undead version that substitutes undead nukes and impose for the ones listed. The second multibind is just all my stuns/crushes/valiant to be used when I want to build up aggro after taunting and the other spells (ageless - unflinching - etc.) are in cooldown. The last key will toggle focus between me and the mob and cast a heal, so this is just mashed to heal me if the merc is not paying attention. Oh, and bash is set to "auto". Please wait for real Paly's to pull this apart with much better ideas before trying it.
  4. Seldom Augur

Yes, definitely want to utilize multibinding and Paladins are one of the classes that gain much from it. Wide variety of options and highly customizable depending on role, group, hunting spot and personal style. I'd keep it as simple as possible on your wife to begin and make seperate keys for healing, aggro and DPS. More often than not you'll find that's best way to go about it anyhow, even after she gets a feel for things. For HEAL key do multibind of Valiant Deflection - Ostracize - Protective Allegiance. As she levels replace with level appropriate versions. If she's not tanking and using that key to heal someone else make sure she knows Valiant will produce some aggro. It shouldn't be a problem but if someone else is struggling holding aggro have her drop it and sub in an older Ostracize line heal nuke in it's place. For AGGRO key at her level range do Crush of Ice Clad - Crush of Tarew - Ardent Force - Glorious Expurgation - /alt activate 3826 for Force of Disruption(you want this going off on global cooldown IF additional hate is needed). When she reaches higher levels upgrade those spells with the level appropriate versions in the bind minus Ardent Force. Starting level 108 replace Ardent with the hate over time line Refute for Honor as that was made more worth while in RoS expansion. For DPS key start it with /alt activate 7712 for Disruptive Persecution. Keep in mind that greys out Force of Disruption but it's our most powerful nuke. You want her utilizing that in any situation where she doesn't need the additional aggro from FoD aa. This is also one of the reasons you want DPS/Aggro on seperate keys. I'll fill in the rest later if someone else doesn't elaborate when I'm in game next. It will vary depending on if dpsing while tanking, full dps, hunting undead etc.
  5. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

I use macros over a mutli bind since it seems to keep that setting for other accounts on the same pc.

I use 1 and 2, one has almost no agro production on it where as 2 has all agro stuff. Basically i can mash the 1 button for Spurn/synergy, twin heal proc dd, vialant defence (useing /cast command) and Force Distruption.

2, has same spells, plus taunt, and disarm (thats like +2 hate) hah, spurn again.

Im more or less like to click things but there are macro maker experts and multi bind super smart peeps. I dont have issues keeping agro if I need need it.
  6. Goodn Augur

I 6 box but I primarily play the paladin (on the left hand...two computers) cause it's all about the volume of casts.

I have 3 macros and 3 multibinds that basically mirror each other with a few exceptions. I primarily use the macros (set to keys 1 2 and 3) but will switch to the multibinds (set to keys x z and c) toward the end of a fight.

I have found that using multibinds with aas and spells combined doesn't always work, so instead I make a macro:
    Nukes
    /alt activate 3826 (force of disruption)
    /cast 1
    /cast 2
    /cast 3
    /cast 4

The corresponding multibind z just has spell gems 1, 2, 3 and 4 (so the spells without force).

The Heal macro is basically the same as multibind x casting 5, 6, 7 and 8. I do add things to the Heal macro from time to time, but right now as I type, it is the same.

The Combo macro is only as a macro and casts Spurn and the two HH Seb items (arms and wrist) as well as necro dragon bone and banestrike. Since the timers on all those except spurn are 1 minute or greater...basically the macro turns into casting spurn.

As far as spells, I use best crush, second crush, best brilliant, best undead (that works on everything) for nukes. All fast cast so I can cycle pretty quickly. For heals, at least right now, I'm using Valiant Defense, best nuke hott (Censure right now), Expiation (this slot changes a ton), and dicho.

(My other slots are pacify [I like single pulls when I can], Preservation, Stance, and Harmonious...I have the 13th slot but have been so busy that it usually just is a random spell and not yet part of my lineup. When I get around to it, it will probably be a heal.)

My 3rd multibind c is just dicho and Expiation...the oh crap multibind if need a big heal (before moving to the aas). Yes, that means two of the same spells are on multiple multibinds...but if I am doing my job right, the heal multibind will never get to the last two spells as VD refreshes in 6s and hott in 4s.

Mana can be a little bit of an issue for me so I use FoD rather than DP (although I do have a macro for using DP when I need to burn). A number of my choices are based on my group (druid, shammy, chanter, cleric, wizard) and would be different if running mercs or with other classes instead. I switch between toons so the others are heavily macroed and it becomes a dance...pally for 10 sec, cycle through other toons on computer to cast next macro, back to pally for 15ish seconds, repeat. I'm usually off the pally no longer than GCD. All my toons are setup so that they multibind z to nukes, x to heals, and c to oh crap spells so when I'm on the wrong window accidently, I don't completely screw myself.

I do use many other macros (one for casting Preservation, Stance and Harmonious along with Vampire blooddrinker thingy and something else, one for starting dps burn, one for starting named fight, etc.) You definitely don't need macros, but if you are boxing more than two toons, it really helps boost dps and survivability. And you feel better cause you use more of your stuff.

I'll update this when I get a chance to sit down and play with the RoS spells and new aa ranks.
  7. Stewy New Member

Thanks all. Appreciate the advice.