Paladin Help!

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Turboo, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Turboo New Member

I am a returning player, and haven't played my pally in years. A friend of mine talked me into playing again (lets be honest, it didn't take much talking). So to catch up I used a heroic on my pally. We are building a team we will have fun with at 105. So, the question comes in, where do I even start with this? I did a little bit of raiding in CoA along with a little more content around then, but my gear and aas were always way behind so I never really had a great grasp on the AAs. So being 85 with all sorts of new AAs, I've looked into them, but as I'm sure you can imagine not playing my pally in years, not to mention not playing the game, it can be a bit overwhelming. Does anyone have any suggestions on what spells to have memmed when soloing/boxing a ranger, both running mercs? Any help would be much appreciated!
  2. Isule Elder

I do not suggest you play 2 melee (specifically hybrids) but if you are set on it, you will want a couple heals, (should have a couple fast ones), some spells that reflect a heal on targets target when stunning, and some threat spells.

Pallys require constant casting for threat (so having to box a melee makes it harder to either dps efficiently or hold threat). a Healer type would pair well (druid/shammie/cleric) or a pure caster dps (wiz/mage...necro to a smaller degree, all these can have a hotkey for nukes). I personally LOVE boxing a bard, their pulling is 2nd to none and they bring a lot to a party (unless one is already present).

Lastly if you guys do not have an enchanter or bard you could go with an enchanter as a box, CC, slows, cripples are ideal for higher levels.
  3. Turboo New Member

He's got a bard. We don't usually do things the easy way either. lol. That's why I need to learn pally the best I can. Obviously if things get sticky I'll have to focus more on tanking, but then again last time i played everyone just had a ranger for HS so my ranger won't looked too bad compared to those players if I have to just set autofire.
  4. sifonin Augur

Afaik, Rangers take a fair amount of input to achieve heavy dps. Positioning two melee characters is not ideal for boxing. This is why a lot of box teams are caster teams. The problem becomes in the end game, do you have at least two of the four roles covered by your live players? For instance, I main a necro led box team that is accompanied by a bard (minimum input for good results) and a wizzy (key binding allows for seem less casting). In this team I have tank covered (necro pet(s)), crowd control (necro, bard), dps (necro/wizzy). I leave the healing up to mercs.
  5. Brohg Augur

You can social hotkey disckick+arrows+arrows+summer+summer and come back to it every two ticks, as long as you're in melee the ranger's dps won't be embarrassing. They can pass good with more attention, and be pretty great if you're assiduous about rotating in their full smear of discs. Warder's & Auspice & Wolf & the other Wolf & Accuracy & something else & the nuke thing & the other thing, plus the wolf pack and some activated stuff. It's a bunch, that's why tanks frequently prefer to box a support class and let merc dps :p
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Don't forget the group LoH that's tgbable which they added too. Usage is to target another pc and type /alt activate 76