Paladin Hate/Threat verus Warrior Autoattack

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Belkar_OotS, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Repthor Augur

if your a warrior and duelweilding hate weapons (with bold attacks on and a hate mask equiped) and have a bard in your group that poped their goodies. other tanks needs to hold on to their pants haveing a 300% proc adjustment with spike of anger weapons is no joke + plus overhaste

in the long game (much less long nowadays) warriors that want aggro will get aggro between 2 secnd refresh taunt, infused by rage procs, phalanx procs, grin procs, then aggro weapons on top of triggered hate discs/aas. singel target hate from warriors is UNmatched if the warrior wants it. warriors are just great at manipulating the hate list so they end up on top.

that beeing said aggro is not one person responsibility every warrior must understand that our weapon procs scales crazy good the longer the fight goes on. 1% increase over and over again will sooner or later land you ontop its your job understand when you need to chill out and not be a jerk.

if your however dont have a bard in your group and your just hanging otu swinnging at the start of the fight id say and they arent over takeing you then thats not your fault thats them not usein the proper spells as others have said
    Whulfgar and Maedhros like this.
  2. Maedhros High King

For the first time in years, I feel that paladins are in a nice position in our agro generation.
    There is no such thing as "threat" in EQ guys, you're playing a different game.
    There are 4 different ways you can go about it and if you're good you can make any of the 4 ways work.
    You can load up stuns: Can make it work.
    You can load up crushes: Can make it work.
    You can load up nukes: Can make it work.
    You can load up some mixture of the 3: Can make it work.
    When I say that "if you're good, you can make it work" I am talking about effort and understanding of your tools here. No magic formula of "this lineup of spells being spammed" will cause a bad paladin to suddenly be a good one.

51% of agro management is on the tank to keep agro.
    49% of agro management is on the other people who are NOT tanking, to not take agro.

Don't lose sight of that fact.

If the paladin keeps agro off the dps, then he is doing the right thing, and if the warrior takes if off the paladin the warrior is doing the wrong thing.
    Allayna likes this.
  3. Artacan New Member

Maedhros said "There is no such thing as "threat" in EQ guys, you're playing a different game."

It's actually hate in everquest.
    It's aggro not agro.
    Aggro - throws chair at face
    Threat - I'm going to throw this chair at your face
    Hate - why did you hit me with a chair? I hate you!
    =/ couldn't help myself...
  4. Tucoh Augur

Aggro and hate are used interchangeably in EQ, and aggro can be used as a verb and a signifier of who is highest on the aggro list or whether someone is on the aggro list.

After all, there is an aggro meter built into EQ.

Rogue: *Aggros a mob by throwing a chair at it"
    Mob: I'm so aggravated!
    Tank: *Also aggros a mob by flinging an arrow at it, then increases his aggro with taunt until he's highest on the aggro list and has aggro."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  5. Whulfgar Augur

Both above post's assume obviously that the Tank in question is ACTIVELY an continually building agro.

I've seen tank's snap agro an think ok its on me thats all that matter's an they stop ACTIVELY an continually build that agro even more ..
  6. Whulfgar Augur

It is not the secondary tank's fault if the first tank (in question) is being lazy an refuses to push button's continually ..

And that is a fact whether your an officer (like Repthor) or a guild leader (Like Maedhros)..
  7. Whulfgar Augur

Not that .. thats an actual issue in either of their respective guilds by any means. I just wanted to ensure that its not always the other tank's fault. That is all.