Paladin + ? for boxing?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Quik, May 16, 2021.

1. Quik Augur

So I am currently lvling a Monk with my Shaman and I am going to get him to 50, but after I do I was thinking of making a Paladin.

I am on Aradune server which I think is on LoY expansion, I have a 50ish druid and i want to give him a good box partner and I was debating between Mage and Paladin. I figure Mage would be better, but I really want a tank so I am leaning to Paladin for now and do Mage later.

My question is, should I duo a Paladin with my Druid, or with my Shaman? I like the idea of ports, but with PoK getting around is pretty easy anyway.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I'm not a TLP vet, but I did play continuously in every expansion from release to now as a paladin.

I'd guess that the druid would be better with the paladin in the short term (velious at least, maybe luclin), but the shaman would be better long term (PoP+ for sure).

I'd just use the shaman.
  3. Drazzor New Member

Shaman for sure. Haste + Slow will change your life for sure.
    (except if you have buff bots aside)
  4. Darkhain Elder

Druid is way better than a shaman, you need DPS, and druid brings all you need, either with charm, nuke/dots, heals or DS/reptile for AE farming.
    A pally don't need slow on single target, you'll be chain stunning. And shaman's HoT don't stack with the pally one.
    At higher lvl, you'll be completly self suffisant for healing.

Alternative I would consider a Bard as duo (bard's dps gets better each xpac).
  5. Chaosflux Augur

Reptile doesn't stack with Ward of Tunare, and that evolves into the Preservatio line which has a needed aggro modifier for grouping and Paladins don't use HOTs much after 70 when they get Burst.

Stunning as a source of mitigation also falls off about then with most end game content completely stun immune, then later stuns get replaced by nukes anyway.

Shaman like Yep said is generally the stronger duo partner for the duration of the game, druid is better till Luclin, especially if you get Sky Ring for it so it can FD sham is just all around one of the strongest classes for life span of the game, druid kind of meh post 60.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Paladin + Shaman is the way to go imho but Druid is definitely an option especially if you also have an Enchanter or Bard to make up a trio.

Druid playstyle evolves over time, initially they are one of the better solo classes & a poor healer, then midway they become a better healer & caster support class & then at late game become a DPS class with Heals.

Shaman are a godawful class to raid with at low levels/early expansions due to all the buffing they do until they get their combo buffs and are much more fun once they get their unity line way later in the 85+ game - but they are an absolutely awesome group class & a very strong soloer.

If you box a Druid they are a bit easier to macro play with, Shaman are a bit more demanding even when you have a good macro set up as they are a class that should pretty much always be casting something to be getting the best use out of them.