Paladin epic 1.0 final turn in

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ecko, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Ecko Elder

Hi,

So I've pretty much got my Paladin epic ready to go when Kunark opens on Rizlona, just need to do a turn in to Ella The Pure in Felwithe, couple of turn ins to that dude in Erudin then off to fear for the final turn in.

Something I can't seem to find any information on is if Irak Altil despawns when the first Paladin to get to him does the hand in. Can anyone confirm or deny if he does? I know that he does spawn in AoC instances also, but my guild will be raiding Fear the day before Kunark opens, so won't be able to use that unfortunately.

If he does despawn, it might affect my plans for the first couple of days of Kunark.
  2. theonepercent Augur

It does despawn.
    Ecko likes this.
  3. Ecko Elder

Damn, thought he might based on the text on the quest walkthrough. Thanks for confirming though!
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Just skip the raid.
    ForumBoss and Tweakfour17 like this.
  5. Healiez Augur

Might be able to talk your guild into rescheduling that raid for the epic turning, even though I doubt most guilds would be willing to do that for a pally epic.... If it was warrior/cleric/monk ez sell....

I agree with bobby, skip the raid. You may lose some dkp/RA, but I doubt a guild would hold it against you so you can finish your epic... but again.... pally epic.....
  6. Leifer69 New Member

Does anyone know if Irak Altil is up right away in an AoC? or is it a random spawn time?
  7. ForumBoss Augur

I did this on phinny since I was eager to get thr server first 1.0 for any class. I ended up succeeding and having the epic within minutes of expac launch - but it was very close and I nearly died handing it in with other Paladins close behind.

I'd definitely ditch raids and use the aoc so you are guaranteed to have the epic for your 51 to 60 grind, and a less stressful hand in.
  8. Ruhi Augur

are you dylan from broke wave forumboss? if so, i was right behind you on phinny - the massive swarm of stuff in fear got me - you were about 20-30 seconds ahead of me. I ended up getting mine in a guild AoC run about a week later. After missing that initial turn-in I wasn't gonna camp the respawn and deal with all that.
  9. ForumBoss Augur

Yes, it's good that phinigel people are still around. I should have got selos instead of just sow and lev. It was a very dicey hand in, but I probably could have timed my DA better too. I'm guessing your guild also raided just before launch.
  10. FranktheBank Augur

I didn't have Selos on Agnarr for the turn in and Ektar caught and passed me :(

I was halfway across feerrott before he zoned and still lost.

If you want your epic day 1, either win the race or pop the dz yourself and run. if you do the latter, run to west wall and north all the way around. You wont make it to Irak with 1 DA.
  11. Ecko Elder

Thanks for the advice guys, I'm not bothered about having the first Fiery Defender on the server over being the first to OW Irak, so I'm gonna pop an AoC and do it in there.

I'll take my group in and clear a bit prior to doing the turn in, I do have 2 DA's (spell & shiny brass idol) but iirc Cazic & Irak can be close enough to each other to trigger Cazic's DT if you approach Irak, so clear a bit, then do the turn in, I'll have 6 hours to get it done in at least :)
  12. Kiaro Augur

The SBI is what I used on Phinigel as well, as the initial DA wears off as you approach him.

FYI - Cazic Spawns far enough north east that he won't be in your path, however Dracho will more than likely be in aggro range.

If you delay though, Irak will patrol to the bell and Cazic will be at the hourglass, meaning you'd be boned.