Paladin DPS question (2h vs 1h+Shield)

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Lenowill, Jan 5, 2013.

1. shiftie Augur

going through the effort to get a BoF proc and then using a 1her to burn is counter-intuitive. Regardless of the max hit, you are lowering your dps.
  2. Retro Elder

Yea relying on blessing is crazy^2 . It is so outside the norm and unless you are looking to pad a dummy parse and give people an unrealistic paladin dps view it rarely helps much. Maybe on like... shard's landing raid or evantil you might get a rare proc and able to pop your burn if you haven't but... really dont forget about spells

Retrojuggalo -vs- Combined: Lady Nevederia: -- DMG: 71488097 -- DPS: 12125 -- Scaled: 12125 -- Slash: 46953607 -- DirDmg: 23393879 -- Bash: 1076119 -- Hit: 64492 -- Non-crit rate: 79% -- crit rate: 16.5% -- crippling rate: 4.5% -- Attempts: 12088 -- Hits: 12088 -- Accuracy: 100% -- Avg Hit: 5913 -- Max hit: 82480 -- DMG to PC: 5567490

Thats a 5896 s zonewide parse(everything besides vualk/2 drakes at entrence). Mostly with the vulak 2hander or the dawn 1hander from ntov. trash / named up to vulak. No bard, group wasn't consistent. But its a rough idea what end game paladins get to do in a knight group. Not too much =/ . Dps obviously gets hit by healing, but I only had 2.7 mill self healing that night / 500k per group member. Spells were about 1/3 of my dps tho, mostly paean/laud/dp skipped a lot of glorious cuz i was trying to maintain mana since we usually dont break between dragons at all.Oh and no beastlord =(.

Highest parse on a dragon was 18k dps and i did it on.. feshlak? over like 7 minutes. Our burn really only lasts 40s and RoF is awful with all the high hp mobs.

Go for all the 1hander / dd stuff unless you raid. Really need the shield to make up for being group geared. I imagine higher % of your dps will be from spell damage with weaker weapons. So try and get your crit dd spells done. High % of your dps being spell damage really downplays 2hander even more, shield helps too much and since we don't get 2hander damage aa ... =(.

edit: forgot to mention i still only have voa t4 raid helm so dont have current magic raid focus =./ soon tho soon!
    Elricvonclief likes this.