Paladin Dichotomic Force spell

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Nightops, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Thancra Loladin

Tbh, if you raid, I don't see how 8k mana can be an issue, unless you spam it, which is not how I'm using the spell (it doesn't seem very efficient this way). I also don't think you tank too many mobs if you have to use emergency heals, they're there for whenever you tank stuff and can be used even if it's a mob you're perfectly able to tank.
    What kills a tank nowaday, when he's tanking (and outside of DT and other mechanism like that obv) is either damage spike or a break in the healing you receive.
    -If you make it after a damage spike, then you have a use for an instant cast heal to make sure you'll receive the heal.
    -If there's a gap in the healing you receive and you health drop, this spell can give you the time for your healer to recover.
    This comes in addition of Reflexive Righteousness, Shield Flash, Hand of Piety, Lay Hand: the more tools, the better, for the situations where it'll be really needed.

If this spell ever evolves/gets changed, it would be super nice to have a reduce in the cast time and healing/hate generated (or all 3). I don't think the mana will decrease as all the other dichotomics cost a lot of mana.
  2. Brohg Augur

Dichotomic Force, as it ranks up 1 to 6, goes from 14028 base group heal to nearly 17904, and from 6k+8781 hate to 6k+11207. That's the only changes.
  3. josh Augur

I know pissing contests are never popular but this is what warriors get

2: Absorb 40% of Spell Damage on Hits over 6000, Total: 638500
    3: Absorb 40% of Melee Damage on Hits over 11000, Total: 638500
    4: Increase Max Hit Points by 25%
    5: Absorb 30% of DoT Damage on Hits over 0, Total: 638500
    10: Increase Hate Generated by 100%

I'm not suggesting that paladins should get the same thing as warriors. but if i was given an ability with any one, just one, of those abilities, i would take it in a heartbeat over dichotomic force.
  4. Stephen51 Augur

So from the conversation here, although there is some debate as to the usefulness of the spell, some think it has use, others think it has no place in their spell bar, can we all agree that it is not in the same ball park as the other Dichotomic spells/abilities?

Some say they would use the spell if the re-cast and mana cost were reduced, but then it wouldn't be the big spell it's supposed to be, the big spell/ability it is to other classes.

Additionally the mana cost hits us harder than most, because other classes wait for a gift of mana to use their dichotomic spell. Ours is so 'niche' if we waited for a GoM, it would probably not be needed....or too late.

If they changed the heal to a heal over time, with the same heal values + insta-cast + hate, would that be more of a use? So you get the hit of heals upfront, and the hate, but the spell continues to heal. My current HoT is healing me for 45 secs due to AA and gear. I could maybe live with that. It wouldn't be brilliant, but it would be better and more useable on raids and group encounters.