Paladin BP idea

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by fransisco, Aug 18, 2017.

1. fransisco Augur

What if the bp click allowed paladins to channel their holy power ever 5 mins. Instead of summoning some sword, it turned the current target undead for 30 seconds.
  2. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

You should have just resurrected the previous Paladin BP thread that Sirene_Fippy had started.... https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/pal-bp-suggestions.237787/

Although your idea would provide us with a way to occasionally use our anti-undead tools (spells, slay undead, etc...) on mobs that we couldn't use them on otherwise, it probably wouldn't be received well by other players or the devs. It doesn't match anything in-game that a Paladin already does, would have no in-game lore for it and would generally go against what most people feel a Paladin would do (it would seem to be an evil act in role-playing terms).
  3. fransisco Augur

Summoning a magic sword that casts a dd at mobs every tick isn't very paladinish either.

I did look for a bp thread, but I guess it was just buried to far.
  4. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

EQ Paladins can at least summon a weapon (ex. Hammer of Wrath) to use. Although it's not autonomous, we can at least do it. Clerics which are one of our two parent classes can also summon hammers that are autonomous and fight for them (Unswerving Hammer of Faith). It's not a huge leap of faith to allow us to summon a sword that attacks our foes and fights alongside us.

The ability you're suggesting is very much like the Necromancer spell "Ignite Bones". Neither Clerics or Paladins have anything like it that I can think of. I can't imagine farming that out to Paladins and not giving it to Shadow Knights first since I don't think they get that type of spell either.

While I would agree that our current BP clickie sucks, it just doesn't make much sense at all for Paladins to have an ability to turn a creature undead despite the obvious benefits to us.
  5. fransisco Augur

Why? Classes get new abilities all the time, and its not like most abilities are unique anyways.
    Channeling their holy power to smite a foe (game mechanics of turning its type to undead) sound alot more thematic than summoning magic automatons that attack for you.
  6. Brohg Augur

You should probably read the existing BP threads to better understand the limits on these item ablities
  7. Jaylin Augur

The devs have said that it has to have a set amount. Like it could add +x hit dmg for y hits, or it could cast x dmg y amount of times, but it cant be anything percentage or scaling. Assuming the click always gets the max clicks off, the dmg would be consistent. What you propose would be the opposite of that. When slays can do hundreds of thousands of dmg, it would become irreplaceable. Its an interesting thought but it would have the potential to be one of the most powerful abilities in the game.