Paladin agro

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by sojero, Jun 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CakedUpMagi New Member

Linden is totally top 5 guys, you just can't handle it.

:cool:
  2. Ravengloome Augur

Spamming heals just to spam them makes as much sense as spamming Sense undead in the corner.

If you are in a good raid team, Outside of splash and some minor to moderate group healing, afew hott's on the tank. Your heals are not really that valuable.

Sure ill pop Valiant Deflection to heal the MT or myself if its necessary, but if they arent spiking terribly I am not going to heal them other than accidentally through admonish (which is pretty frequent outside of a burn because i like clicking stufff). between priests direct healing and twinned surge heals you really shouldn't have to heal random people much.

Obviously there are going to be events/mechanics that dictate ok bucko Splash now, or Twin a Group heal here, but outside of that with 3 or 4 shaman twinning surge and maybe a cleric/paladin splashing you aren't going to be healing much.

If your in a group with other add tanks maybe your tossing a burst when you see a terribad spike, maybe.

But thats all reactive healing not spam blasting HOTT heals on a tank. Although yes theres a time to do that, I wouldn't do that every raid. Your literally just trading healing at that point if you have adequate healing on the MT.

A tank only needs X amount of healing to survive If Y amount of priests are achieving that, you only need to cover Spikes.

If you don't have Y amount of priests because you are in a lower tier guild, have low numbers, or are split raiding. Sure thats a viable plan.
  3. Vdidar Augur

This just gets better and better.
  4. shiftie Augur

When someone tells you that you don't raid as an excuse and the days they won the argument because they didn't insult you.

Things don't change much except outside of op abilities. Like when splash was first introduced.

I can look at spell sets and know I'm right I can look at spell data and know from understanding the game what goes where. Pss I have a bard, ranger shaman chanter beast necro rogue uhmm and a few others. Not raiding isn't a detriment to what I already know. Name one spell that has changed in mana cost or functionality drastically since I last raided and you might have a point. Is anything you have it easier since I helped get things like mana restore added and group armor.

You don't know anything I don't know or can't understand from spell data. But you have proved you don't understand spell data what's up holyforger...

You didn't even know how to interpret why holyforge is better than blunted with vr running and that you shouldn't be using vr and holy to begin with. I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt but instead of parsing what I advised you used all the wrong tools and the. Determined you were right cast all the wrong spells cast then way too infrequently. Then tried multi binding and approved it for raid only. It is the end all be all for paladin spells all sets all combinations we share too many timers to not use it always. I don't even know if there is another class that can benefit as much from it and the fact that you box a ranger (which I did for years) and you don't have both toons multibound to the same dps weave just shows how bad you are. Alt tabbing in gcd to make the most of both toons.

Take your cloth cap out and try another toon you are unworthy of being a paladin. They say imitation is the best form of flattery but you can't even mimic what real Paladins do. You are like the Splenda of being a paladin all you do is give people cancer, while pretending.

I've said you were trolling because I can't fathom any other alternative for your incessant diatribes of useless rambling.

Go home dwarf you're drunk
  5. Brohg Augur

I'd be very interested in a sample casting log from a night's adventuring, like how much each spell got used over some hours.
  6. Warpeace Augur

You might know that if V&V raids didn't take your guild over 600 seconds, yes you can add some DPS, maybe not full burn depends on your guild. Chances are you can slide a burn in there at some point while still doing what you are supposed to be assigned on your raid.

You have no clue how Aurora of Dayspring line works / heals then do you? Here is a good reason to look at keeping it in your spell line.

Go learn something about the class before coming and spouting everyone else knows nothing and you might learn how not to blow your twin heal and still heal your group saving that twincast for when you need it.

We all play differently but some of the things you have said and are trying to convince people to do / use are just /facepalm.
  7. Sindaiann Augur

I made sure long ago my phone stopped auto correcting that! Why?

Because I dps son
  8. shiftie Augur

I can't make my iPhone stop. The predictive text helps because I hate typing on a phone but it is highly irritating how it won't learn acronyms
  9. Sindaiann Augur

Android ftw...ruh roh may derail this thread
  10. shiftie Augur

I don't have a super strong affiliation with either I have an iPhone and my wife has an android. I use both as the need arises. They both have their merits.
  11. Ravengloome Augur

I dont always dos, but when i do... I dos so hard with holyforge.
    Elricvonclief and Sindaiann like this.
  12. Linden Augur

after 2 missions earlier. On the low side because I was boxing my ranger.

Linden - 1265
    --- Ageless Enmity IV - 8
    --- Ardent Force Rk. III - 71
    --- Ardent Fury Strike III - 82
    --- Beacon of the Righteous VIII - 15
    --- Blessed Light Rk. III - 2
    --- Blessing of Life XVIII - 85
    --- Brilliant Vindication Rk. III - 36
    --- Burst of Dayspring Rk. III - 8
    --- Burst of Sunrise - 2
    --- Consecration Rk. III - 28
    --- Contrition - 2
    --- Crush of the Darkened Sea Rk. III - 3
    --- Defensive / Evasive disc ended - 2
    --- Dichotomic Force - 10
    --- Disruptive Persecution VII - 55
    --- Divine Stun XIII - 2
    --- Elixir of Speed X - 1
    --- Force of Ardency Rk. III - 26
    --- Force of Disruption XV - 89
    --- Force of the Darkened Sea Rk. III - 67
    --- Forceful Rejuvenation - 1
    --- Gift of Life VII - 1
    --- Grief Rk. III - 5
    --- Hallowed Lodestar VI - 13
    --- Hand of Piety XXXIV - 2
    --- Helix of the Undying II - 1
    --- Holy Guardian Heal III - 154
    --- Holyforge Disc - 1
    --- Inquisitor's Judgment Strike XXIII - 125
    --- Inquisitor's Judgment XXIII - 4
    --- Intensity of the Resolute - 1
    --- Lesser Yaulp IV - 100
    --- Marr's Gift II - 2
    --- Projection of Piety III - 1
    --- Received Auspice of the Hunter - 4
    --- Received Twincast - 3
    --- Second Spire of Holiness IV - 5
    --- Shield of the Righteous - 1
    --- Sorrow - 3
    --- Tendon Slice - 125
    --- Umbrage Strike - 60
    --- Valiant Deflection Rk. III - 49
    --- Valorous Rage IX - 3
    --- Vanquish the Fallen II - 4
    --- Vie faded - 10

Linden + pets 69790k@38346sdps (38388dps in 1818s)] | Reek 30389k@16697sdps (18552dps in 1638s)
    Linden was healed by: | Linden: 4729961 | merc 146485 | Alaasa: 19292

tanking summary for: Linden | Total Melee | Damage: 9654626 | Avg hit: 4961 | Attempts: 3299 | Riposted: 280/3299 [8.49%] | Parried: 241/3019 [7.98%] | Dodged: 195/2778 [7.02%] | Blocked: 105/2583 [4.07%] | Defended: 821/3299 [24.89%] | Missed: 528/2478 [21.31%] | Hits: 1950/3299 [59.11%] | Absorbed: 4/1950 [0.21%] | Real Hits: 1946/3299 [58.99%]
    Boxing ranger so casting is somewhat low.

So yeah, Tanking, healing and dps.

3-stuns (not including Dich). 3 nukes, no mana issues. No outside healing.
  13. Linden Augur

Put up a parse Shiftie, you have yet to produce one. The one rambling, is you, sir.
  14. Linden Augur

Aurora is pretty much the only Group heal I do use. For fast cooldown alone it is worth it, although the fact that Gift of mana does not work with this type of healing spell, it is questionable whether or not it saves on mana. If you actually read my posts you would see that I use it.
  15. Linden Augur

Actual spells casted and not proc based:

--- Ageless Enmity IV - 8
    --- Ardent Force Rk. III - 71
    --- Beacon of the Righteous VIII - 15
    --- Blessing of Life XVIII - 85
    --- Brilliant Vindication Rk. III - 36
    --- Burst of Dayspring Rk. III - 8
    --- Burst of Sunrise - 2
    --- Consecration Rk. III - 28
    --- Contrition - 2
    --- Crush of the Darkened Sea Rk. III - 3
    --- Dichotomic Force - 10
    --- Disruptive Persecution VII - 55
    --- Divine Stun XIII - 2
    --- Elixir of Speed X - 1
    --- Force of Ardency Rk. III - 26
    --- Force of Disruption XV - 89
    --- Force of the Darkened Sea Rk. III - 67
    --- Forceful Rejuvenation - 1
    --- Gift of Life VII - 1
    --- Grief Rk. III - 5
    --- Hallowed Lodestar VI - 13
    --- Hand of Piety XXXIV - 2
    --- Helix of the Undying II - 2
    --- Lesser Yaulp IV - 10
    --- Marr's Gift II - 2
    --- Projection of Piety III - 1
    --- Second Spire of Holiness IV - 5
    --- Shield of the Righteous - 1
    --- Sorrow - 3
    --- Valiant Deflection Rk. III - 49
    --- Valorous Rage IX - 3
    --- Vanquish the Fallen II - 4
  16. Linden Augur

Says the guy who will not produce any parse...JUST ONE!
  17. Seldom Augur

1.) Nothing is gained from an elite player of any class posting parses on open forums. 2.) You have proven you will learn nothing from viewing any amount of parses. Plenty of excellent advice has been shared throughout thread for your benefit. Learn from it or don't. 3.) Thanks for the laughs, very surprised this hasn't been locked. Mod probably laughing as well and wanted to ride it out
  18. RadarX Augur

After 14 pages I think pointers have been established. We're going to put this one away.
    Elricvonclief, Sheex and Sindaiann like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.